Westeros Fantasy Baseball

JJ Lannister

Pretty happy with my team. Didn't get all of the players I wanted, but I got a lot of them.

C - Y.Grandal

1B - E.Encarnacion

2B - M.Betts

SS - T.Tulowitzki

3B - M.Machado

CI - V.Martinez

MI - J.Ramirez

OF - B.Harper, G.Springer, J.Soler, M.Morse, L.Cain

UT - L.Duda, C.Crawford

Bench - K.Vargas, M.Semien, S.Souza, M.Taylor

SP - M.Bumgarner, C.Hamels, J.Arrieta, M.Wacha, C.Martinez, T.Bauer, R.Iglesias

RP - C.Allen, H.Street, H.Rondon, J.Mejia, B.Boxberger

Could probably use some more speed. And wouldn't mind an upgrade at 3B. But otherwise, came together well.

I had to go to work at 11 so I had to put it on auto-draft. They give me fucking Cliff Lee with my first pick(and 3 catchers), I made a long list for my queue but I guess it doesn't nominate according to that. I had little money left at that point anyways but really wish I got another closer. I let too many K pitchers go by and was banking on Kluber but someone with way more money scooped him. Also, glad I can finally draft on my Ipad but I couldn't comment on the side for some reason.

Love my infield at least. My pitching needs work:

C- D.Mesoraco

1B- Goldschmidt

2B- Rendon

SS- Reyes

3B- M.Cabrera

C/I- Mauer

M/I- D.Murphy

OF- Kemp, Cruz, Blackmom, B.Hamilton, C.Crisp

U- Byrd, Butler

SP- Harvey, Teheran, Kennedy, Cobb, Fiers

RP- Chapman, Hawkins

ETA: I'm The Flayed Men

Given I know absolutely nothing about baseball this year and given I was at a bar and drunk, I think my team is fucking baller (well, maybe not so much but it's got guys in all the positions!). I have absolutely no idea what I need and it doesn't matter because this is the best team ever.

C - J. Lucroy

1B - A. Rizzo

2B - D. Gordon

SS - I. Desmond

3B - T. Frazier

CI - P. Sandoval

MI - B. Phillips

OF - J. Bautista, Y. Cespedes, C. Yelich, K. Calhoun, M. Cabrera,

UT - B. McCann, A. Gordon

Bench - B. Belt, A. Garcia, G. Polanco

SP - J. Zimmermann, G. Cole, D. Fister, C. Archer, H. Bailey, J. Weaver, D. Smyly, M. Cain, B. McCarthy

RP - D. Robertson, T. Rosenthal, S. Cishek

I think I like my team but who knows. There were a bunch of guys I wanted to get but they did not fall to me and I made some mistakes where I thought I was bidding $1 less and someone beat me to it so I ended up getting the guy at $1 more than I wanted. But if Gregorson or Miller become the closers I may have some trade bait. And hopefully Hamilton is not suspended for long.

C - Martin

1B - Fielder

2B - Kinsler

SS - Ramirez

3B - Seager

CI - Wright

MI - Kipnis

OF - Braun, Upton, Marte, Gardner, Werth

Util - Arcia, Headley

UT - B. McCann, A. Gordon

Bench - J. Hamilton, Castellanos, Snider

SP - Strasburg, Cueto, Wainwright, Greinke, Pineda, Miller, Gausman, Sabathia

RP - Papelbon, Uehara, Feliz, Gregorson, A. Miller

I should have taken Soriano with my last pick. That's going to be the downfall of my team.

Here is my team.

I did very little prep, but I think I handled the auction okay. Ended up with too much speed, too little pop.

I should get a few bench slots once my bench pitchers both go on the DL.

I only had two misclick bids (1 outbidding WJ for d'Arnaud for no apparent reason - what happened was I was putting Fernandez in my queue, and there was a lag, so after three or four seconds I see Fernandez's photo pop up and instinctively clicked bid).

The other was bidding 8 on Melancon when I thought I was bidding 7. Would not have gone 8 volitionally.

C: C. Santana

1B: J. Abreu

2B: J. Altuve

SS: E. Andrus

3B: K. Bryant (Pedro Alvarez until called up)

MI: K. Wong

CI: A. Pujols

OF: J. Ellsbury

OF: JD Martinez

OF: M. Ozuna

OF: B. Revere

OF: D. Span

UT: M. Adams

UT: A. LaRoche

BN: A.Eaton (Bryant), B. Zobrist, T. d'Arnaud

SP: J. Samardzija

SP: S. Gray

SP: J. deGrom

SP: G. Richards

SP: H. Ryu

SP: C. McHugh

SP: M. Latos

RP: M. Melancon

RP: S. Casilla

RP: J. Benoit

BN: J. McGee, J. Fernandez

C- Y. Gomes

1B - J. Morneau

2B - N. Walker

3B - A. Beltre

SS - H. Ramirez

CI - N. Arenado

MI - J. Segura

OF - C. Gomez, M. Brantley, C. Dickerson, H. Pence, J. Bruce

Util - S. Choo, A. Ramirez

Bench - S. Pearce, A. Lind, D. Jennings, J. Baez

SP - J. Lester, H. Iwakuma, A. Cashner, T. Ross, P. Hughes, F. Liriano, J. Odorizzi (K. Graveman)

RP - S. Doolittle, F. Rodney, A. Reed (B. Cecil)

It was a strange draft for me. Can't say I really targeted a single player I drafted except maybe Hanley Ramirez and that's because SS is a wasteland. But I tried to stay disciplined to my values and ended up with a bunch of guys I never own like Carlos Gomez and Jon Lester. Feel like I have zero fun to own guys. But hopefully that discipline will make this a fun to own team. The hitting should do its part. Think I have a lineup of guys who hopefully will be 800 OPS plus with an especially strong OF. The concern for the second straight year is pitching. I like to have 2-3 aces and only got 1. I'm counting on the Padres cavernous ballpark to save me once again.

You definitely thwarted my Padres SP strategy.

And you thwarted me from getting them as cheap as I was hoping :P Though looking at our staffs, my need was greater.

Archived