The Dustbin of History

Weeping Sore

And that Milosevic is basically a Communist progeny.

is that the current explanation, rather than that the leftwing state crushed out the far right for 40 years, and that in the wake of the return of the far right to office in the various republics came civil war?

Speaking of Hitler mustaches, I had a revelation the other day that he completely ruined that look from EVERY coming back.

It made me feel sad for Charlie Chaplin.

The toothbrush mustache was what facial hair would fit under a gas mask. Hope it never does come back.

I enjoy the podcast "stuff you missed in History Class" They touch on a lot of obscure history. some good recent podcasts about the history of Halloween Candy and the history of Spam (the meat not the internet kind). not sure why i am drawn to the food related topics :) - they cover many historical topics as well.

I've personally been reading about the old days of the territory based professional wrestling era (hows that for a dustbin?). I'm less interested in the actually wrestling and more interested in the promoters, bookers and political movements that shaped the era from the 1950's up until the mid 80's. Fun stuff, kind of like the mafia mixed in with the circus.

I've also been learning a little about New York City in the 1970's. That was a really dark time, lots of cool stories about mobsters and other assorted shady characters.

I enjoy the podcast "stuff you missed in History Class" They touch on a lot of obscure history. some good recent podcasts about the history of Halloween Candy and the history of Spam (the meat not the internet kind). not sure why i am drawn to the food related topics :) - they cover many historical topics as well.

I've personally been reading about the old days of the territory based professional wrestling era (hows that for a dustbin?). I'm less interested in the actually wrestling and more interested in the promoters, bookers and political movements that shaped the era from the 1950's up until the mid 80's. Fun stuff, kind of like the mafia mixed in with the circus.

I've also been learning a little about New York City in the 1970's. That was a really dark time, lots of cool stories about mobsters and other assorted shady characters.

I have a friend who was a part of the localized wrestling scene in the 70's. The stories he has are CRAZY.

Speaking of Hitler mustaches, I had a revelation the other day that he completely ruined that look from EVERY coming back.

It made me feel sad for Charlie Chaplin.

Why is it the human species remembers harm better than help? If I could cure one thing it would be that, heck it needs resolving the nabby pamby crybaby psychos who'd piss themselves if they were ever in a real to the death fight.

**casually tosses Thank You Notes into the dustbin of history.**

NO. Thank you notes are the backbone of civilized society. We CANNOT TOSS THEM INTO THE DUSTBIN.

We can, however, toss Ryan Seacrest, Guy Fieri, and the cast of The View in, as well as saran wrap and Hershey's chocolate.

Am so ticked about them ruining British chocolate for me. SO TICKED.

I have a friend who was a part of the localized wrestling scene in the 70's. The stories he has are CRAZY.

I'm reading Ric Flair's biography right now. He talks about the tail end of the territory days. Lots of drinking and partying but the politics around who gets to be champ and who does jobs for whom is kind of fascinating. I never realized how much the professional has in common with carnival and circus culture. Reading some of these books also makes me realize how interwoven my life was with these shows.

Thank you notes are for nostalgic people with tiny noses and even tinier reading glasses. They're also the kind of people that go around cutting of the gorgeous rattails of their nephews, nieces, and grandchildren.

My nose has been broken three times. It's not tiny, and it's crooked. Also, I wear big, horn rimmed glasses when I'm not wearing my Elvis shades.

I leave rattails alone but mullets are fair game.

People are still rockin' the mullet in my neck of the woods. Granted, these are the guys who are driving pickups with the metal balls dangling from them, so even though they're a rare breed, they are easy to spot.

They're also not very bright, so you can easily trap them.

ETA: Yes, Weeping Sore, David Bowie is excluded from all mullet removal processes.

Archived