When will Martin get hot and finish the book

Pelago

read the last book?? all the people on the 'voyage' with the Imp?? never will hear about them once Thyrion gets to where he is going?

besides i want to continue to follow the story, and at this rate someone will have to read it over my grave

read the last book?? all the people on the 'voyage' with the Imp?? never will hear about them once Thyrion gets to where he is going?

besides i want to continue to follow the story, and at this rate someone will have to read it over my grave

The people on the boat might still have some role to play, we can't be sure of that. And if they don't I'm sure people would complain about them being bland and one-dimensional, with unexplained motives if they weren't given a backstory.

People love to complain.

Also do you want the book to be out fast, or do you want it to be great?

The people on the boat might still have some role to play, we can't be sure of that. And if they don't I'm sure people would complain about them being bland and one-dimensional, with unexplained motives if they weren't given a backstory.

People love to complain.

Also do you want the book to be out fast, or do you want it to be great?

Considering Dance took five years and was arguably not great, I'm not so optimistic.

I think we can also shoot down a 2016 release, as last I heard GRRM has about 300 pages "absolutely finished" (someone please correct this, if it's false), and it'll probably be around 1000. 2017 seems most likely

Considering Dance took five years and was arguably not great, I'm not so optimistic.

I think we can also shoot down a 2016 release, as last I heard GRRM has about 300 pages "absolutely finished" (someone please correct this, if it's false), and it'll probably be around 1000. 2017 seems most likely

I'd say the "arguably' is a very important part of that post

I'm actually surprised people aren't *more* ravenous for this book. It was 6 years between Feast and Dance and we're entering 4 years now between Dance and Winds (and judging from the latest interview there are 'no plans to publish the book this year'). And yet circa 2010 felt like the apocalypse.

Archived