Body Hair: Gross or Great?

Weeping Sore

The issues I've heard of IPL is that its more stunned than killed and all that wonderful reduction will reverse itself in time. Not sure how long for the proper ones, but the dodgy home ones you can get off amazon last about 4-6 months iirc.

And yes eyenon, beauty standards can be entirely arbitrary and unfair, that's hardly news.

In the UK they have stopped advertising IPL as permanent hair removal. Even with the best salon equipment it starts growing back after a few years. Although it never all comes back.

But surely they can be called out and examined?

Absolutely, I'm merely skeptical that the poster in question is interested in a serious examination of double standards as pertains to beauty standards and responded as such. Had the poster been someone I held in high esteem like you then I would have treated it much more seriously. Hell, it doesn't even need to be someone in high esteem, moderate esteem would have been enough!

ETA: I'm also up to my eyeballs on high strength painkillers and can apparently expect to continue that way till potentially the middle of the year, this seems to impact both my tolerance for certain behaviour and my coherency, something I never feel is particularly good to start with.

Absolutely, I'm merely skeptical that the poster in question is interested in a serious examination of double standards as pertains to beauty standards and responded as such. Had the poster been someone I held in high esteem like you then I would have treated it much more seriously. Hell, it doesn't even need to be someone in high esteem, moderate esteem would have been enough!

ETA: I'm also up to my eyeballs on high strength painkillers and can apparently expect to continue that way till potentially the middle of the year, this seems to impact both my tolerance for certain behaviour and my coherency, something I never feel is particularly good to start with.

I will have you know that I hold you in WAY less esteem than you hold me. Like not even close!!!!!!

My esteem for you is like doing limbo under your esteem for me.

My esteem for you is like a horse jockey, while your esteem for me is like an NBA center!!!

What about Nair? It just seems like it can't be good for you...anyone have direct experience?

Yes.

Despite the directions I put it on my head when I was 18. For some reason I needed to be balder.

It burned. It burned.

My scalp was red and tender. Eventually hair returned.

Since then aside from a brief point in 2010 my hair has been worn long.

$1,500 sounds too good to be true...

I think that's totally reasonable - I paid 800 for Brazilian and underarms, although I waited til the salon I wanted had a promotion. If I had added the legs it would have been another 500 (which I may do eventually).

What about Nair? It just seems like it can't be good for you...anyone have direct experience?

Let me start this by saying I do NOT have a mustache or facial hair problem. But I decided that for my 14th birthday party I would use Nair on my body and face because I wanted to look my best for the boy that I was madly in love with - it was going to all work out where he finally told me he felt the same as a birthday gift. However, the 2nd-degree burns and scabbing all over my body and face put a little damper on my master plan. I blame Nair for my failed romance.

Unlike others I never got burns. But it leaves you stinking of burnt hair in a 'won't come off with just one shower' kind of way and doesn't really do a great job anyway. The few times I tried I ended up still shaving afterwards.

I used Nair a couple of times on my legs, found the process of scraping it off to be more time consuming than simply shaving. It did work and it was smooth but it took a lot of time to do it right. The one you just wash off in the shower is not so effective I believe

Archived