Your least favorite scene and why

TrueOrFalse

Was there any scene in particular that made you roll your eyes or want to stop reading or bored you to tears or felt unrealistic...or that you just didn't like for whatever reason?

For me, it was Davos's entire last chapter in ACOK, during the Battle of Blackwater Bay. The whole book had been building up to this battle and I was really excited for it but this chapter in particular just fell flat to me. It took me ages to get through it and felt much longer than it really was. Luckily Tyrion and Sansa's chapters during the battle were much better!

Dany giving her enemies 3 days then attacking that night while her advisors clapped like seals and told her how Queenly and like Rhaegar she was. All the other characters take flak for stuff like this but our "heroinne" is surrounded by snivelling lickspittles, it would seem.

Cersei bullying Pycelle into the moon tea fess up. She`d already thought he looked a lot older and feeble. The book has desensitized me to murder, rape and other heinous crimes on Planetos, but for some reason this still disgusted me

Yeah, I never liked Pycelle much but that scene left a bad taste in my mouth too.

^

Revival: restoration to life, consciousness, vigor, or strength.

Resurrection: restoring a dead person to life; the condition of having been restored to life.

I don't see much of a difference, myself.

To answer the OP, I disliked the chaining of the dragons. It showed how far Dany is away from her original goal, and how uninterested she is in finding out about her heritage. The fact that she hadn't tried to gain knowledge about how to raise/tame/ride dragons was made all to apparent. I came to the conclusion that she just expected them to behave like they were children/pets, or thought they would be hers to command because of her 'blood of the dragon' sense of entitlement.

Every Dany, Theon, Victorion and Tyrion chapter in ADWD

When they weren't being annoying they were being boring.

Dany giving her enemies 3 days then attacking that night while her advisors clapped like seals and told her how Queenly and like Rhaegar she was. All the other characters take flak for stuff like this but our "heroinne" is surrounded by snivelling lickspittles, it would seem.

Yeah, it sure sucks how she won that battle decisively.

Yeah, it sure sucks how she won that battle decisively.

How are Theon's ADWD chapters annoying? They're easily my personal favourite.

^Are you actually serious or trolling? Why are you even here?

When I read threads like this I wonder why some people even bother to read the series if they find so much to hate in it.

^My thoughts exactly.

I dislike some parts more than others but there's not much of anything in these books I actively DISLIKE.

Though I must admit Varamyr and moreso the excessive Bran WARGING puts me right to sleep.

Archived