House Blackfyre

Black Dragons

It was founded 184 AC

Daemon Blackfyre had Nine children with Rohanne of Tyrosh by the year 260 AC it almost extinct what happen?

It's a fair question. There are some missing Blackfyres, to be certain.

Daemon I had seven sons:

• the twins Aegon and Aemon - both died at Redgrass, aged 12, so no issue there.

Daemon II - died in prison, no issue.

Haegon - murdered after surrendering, had a son, Daemon III. But we don't know who his wife was, whether they had other children, and whether those children had issue. We also don't know if Daemon III had issue before he died in battle.

Aenys - murdered by Bloodraven under a peace banner. Not known if he had issue.

two other sons not named - what happened to them? Did they have issue?

Moreover, he had two daughters, Calla who married Bittersteel, and one other. We don't know if they had issue either.

Somewhere in this mix, we get Daemon and Maelys, who are cousins, and the latter of whom murders the former. But we don't know who their parents are.

Why are they call pretenders? Daemon Blackfyre's mother was Dana Targaryen she should be next in line for the throne, but they jump ahead to the uncle because she a female. Daemon Blackfyre should have be come King and he was oldest brother, but he born a bastard, his father later on made him a true born after he died.

Why are they call pretenders? Daemon Blackfyre's mother was Dana Targaryen she should be next in line for the throne, but they jump ahead to the uncle because she a female. Daemon Blackfyre should have be come King and he was oldest brother, but he born a bastard, his father later on made him a true born after he died.

After the Dance of the Dragons (129-131 AC) the Targaryens placed female claimants after all other male claimants.

So after Aegon IV follows his oldest son Daeron II.

They are also called pretenders because they never took the Iron Throne, so if Rhaegar would have won at the Trident, perhaps we would speak of Bobby B as the "Baratheon Pretender".

We know that Daemon III Blackfyre had younger brothers, but not how many there were. We don't know whether Aenys Blackfyre, or any of the two younger sons had issue, although one or all of them might have, as Maelys the Monstrous did not seem to come from the elder branch of House Blackfyre, as he only took over the Golden Company after killing his cousin, another Daemon Blackfyre.

We have no clues from whose lines Maelys or this Daemon came from, but Daemon most likely came from an older and Maelys from a younger branch. Whether this means the Daemon was a son of Daemon III or a son of Aenys we don't know, but my guess is that Maelys was actually a descendant/son of one of the younger as of yet unnamed sons of Daemon I.

It's a fair question. There are some missing Blackfyres, to be certain.

Daemon I had seven sons:

• the twins Aegon and Aemon - both died at Redgrass, aged 12, so no issue there.

Daemon II - died in prison, no issue.

Haegon - murdered after surrendering, had a son, Daemon III. But we don't know who his wife was, whether they had other children, and whether those children had issue. We also don't know if Daemon III had issue before he died in battle.

Aenys - murdered by Bloodraven under a peace banner. Not known if he had issue.

two other sons not named - what happened to them? Did they have issue?

Moreover, he had two daughters, Calla who married Bittersteel, and one other. We don't know if they had issue either.

Somewhere in this mix, we get Daemon and Maelys, who are cousins, and the latter of whom murders the former. But we don't know who their parents are.

We know that Maelys killed the last Daemon to gain control of the Golden Company. If we make the presumption that the GC in those days followed the best Blackfyre claimant, then that Daemon would be descended from the male line.

In any case, we know for certain (at least until we're told otherwise) that the male line of the Blackfyres died when Barristan killed Maelys the Monstrous on the Stepstones - so if there are any Blackfyres left, they are descended from a woman of the House, and as such are Blackfyres only by blood, but not by name.

We know that Maelys killed the last Daemon to gain control of the Golden Company. If we make the presumption that the GC in those days followed the best Blackfyre claimant, then that Daemon would be descended from the male line.

In any case, we know for certain (at least until we're told otherwise) that the male line of the Blackfyres died when Barristan killed Maelys the Monstrous on the Stepstones - so if there are any Blackfyres left, they are descended from a woman of the House, and as such are Blackfyres only by blood, but not by name.

I sometimes wonder if Bittersteel ever married Princess Calla I have a theory that many they hat a martineal marriage and the Daemon that Maelys killed actually inherited the company from his father or grandfather Bittersteel

I sometimes wonder if Bittersteel ever married Princess Calla I have a theory that many they hat a martineal marriage and the Daemon that Maelys killed actually inherited the company from his father or grandfather Bittersteel

We're explicitly told that Maelys was last of the male line though - so I think we can safely assume that he wasn't Bittersteel's get.

Furthermore, the fact that Bittersteel could prevent the GC from supporting Daemon II is proof that at least while he lived, he exercised total control over them. If Maelys was, indeed, his descedant, I would think that the GC would follow him without question.

I'm not sure if Daemon III had the time to father any children. It seems that he was still quite young in 219 AC when Haegon died in the Third Rebellion, as Bittersteel waited a year until he crowned him King Daemon III Blackfyre. That could mean that Daemon III had not yet any sons when he died in 236 AC, or if he had, they were killed there as well. The Fourth Rebellion was a crushing defeat after all.

If Calla and Bittersteel had any daughters, some of them might have been married back into the male Blackfyre line. I think Haegon was married to one of his sisters, but Daemon III could have married one of Bittersteel's girls, and possibly the younger sons of Daemon I as well. Although I think Aenys was married to a Tyroshi noblewoman - if he had a wife - as his whole Great Council idea seems to suggests that he did not exactly accept Daemon III as the Blackfyre king.

We're explicitly told that Maelys was last of the male line though - so I think we can safely assume that he wasn't Bittersteel's get.

Furthermore, the fact that Bittersteel could prevent the GC from supporting Daemon II is proof that at least while he lived, he exercised total control over them. If Maelys was, indeed, his descedant, I would think that the GC would follow him without question.

sorry you misunderstood what i wrote.

what i am suggesting is that Daemon was Bittersteel's heir to the Golden Company he had his mother's last name and Maely's the pretender heir or heir to Daemon I killed him for power.

Archived