Did Jaimie Travel To Dorne After Tywin's Death?

Winterfell Resident

This might be a little embarassing but I've read all five books twice and I do not recall Jaimie travelling to Dorne after Tywin's death.

The reason I am even asking this question is because I just saw the Game of Thrones season 5 trailer and it shows that Jaimie is in this golden like palace of some sort. Also, there was a short scene with jaimie and bronn in a desert like area. If memory serves me right, Dorne is located in the desert part of Westeros.

In the books, I do remember Jaimie travelling to the riverlands to help his aunt's husband to claim his rights to Riverrun and the BlackFish was there holding out.

And I believe he was also with Edmure Tully trying to have him convince Black Fish to give up and allow them to take over riverrun without any blood being spilled. I believe that was at the Twins where Edmure was being held captive by the Freys. If I am wrong about this then I apologize. It's been years since I've read the books.

But, I do not recall Jaimie going to Dorne after Tywin's death.

After looking at a lot of the trailer's reviews on youtube, I've found that a lot of them suggests that that may be Jaimie arriving at Dorne.

If that is true, could that be the producers of the show deviating from the books or if not and if this is in the books can someone tell me what book was that in and what POV character was it under.

I hope to hear your thoughts.

So basically Jaime is going to be Arys oakheart then? Might just as well stop watching the show then..

Yep, and apparently Ellaria Sand will be taking on Arianne's role.

There's also speculation that Sansa will be the show version of Lady Stoneheart, as in she'll be out for vengeance. None of this is confirmed or anything though, just rumors.

Archived