You're in Joffrey's Kingsguard...

Reynestorm

After the recent release of Ser Barristan Selmy, Joffrey Lannister has looked into choosing another kingsguard. He looked at many candidates. He went to choose his Hound, but was shut down by the rest of the Lannisters, even after protests of him saying he was the king.

Instead, he chose you. A brand new knight of little note.

In his Kingsguard, you quickly realize things aren't what you hoped they would be. You have to standby idly as Joffrey orders other men to beat his wife. Once, he even ordered you to. You gave her very soft blows, for you knew it was wrong, but you dare not disobey the king.

Soon, you grow tired of this. The boy is clearly deranged, and there are...rumors. Rumors he isn't even Robert's son, but a bastard of the Lannister twins.

You want the boy off the throne. You don't care who it is who takes his place. Stannis, Tommen, the Young Wolf. Hells, you would take a Targaryen back just to get that beast off the throne.

In your hands is a sword, sworn to protect your king. You can do whatever you wish with it, but be weary of the consequences...

What will you do? Will you plot to overthrow Joffrey? Will you kill him outright? Desert to another king? Or, perhaps you will just hold to the oaths you have sworn, pretending it doesn't bother you in the slightest.

What will a Kingsguard do?

If I were allowed to take the black afterwards, I'd cut him down in public and embarrass him in front of everyone while shouting something really cool and catchy.

If on the other hand I would be given the headsman's axe or forced to fight the Mountain, I'd poison all of Joffrey's stuff and cackle maniacally while I take my leave. Then I'd escape to Essos - hopefully before he touches, eats, uses, etc whatever it was that was poisoned.

Alternatively, if I could get my hands on a good amount of wildfire, I'd go on a Kamikaze attack and try and take out not only Joffrey but his idiot mother and some of the other Kingsguard too.

Oaths are meaningless when you're sworn to a sadistic coward.

Its hard because we have hindsight. I also like living so reckless suicidal moves are off the table.

I'd probably learn as much as I can about the planned defences of Kingslanding and then defect to Stannis. Perhaps before a long session of the small council. Volunteer to guard it. Kill everyone inside, change to a spare whitecloak. Summon another KG and tell them the orders were not to be disturbed all night. Then ride for the hills.

Varys, Littlefinger and Tyrion dead. That's a good boon to team Stannis.

Phase one: I take an arrow. Then steal poison from Pycelle room. Dip the arrow in poison.

Phase two: When the the King is out and about, create unrest by stabbing an individual with my sword "who was about to attack". That is a blatant lie.

Phase three: In the upheaval stab the King with the poisoned arrow. He dies.

Phase four: Start babbling about Faceless Men to make them the suspects.

Phase five. Commence life of coddling with Ser Pounce.

Disclaimer. If I get caught: I'll start rambling about the disgrace of chivalry in Joffreys court. Meanwhile hoping that I can take the Black.

Its hard because we have hindsight. I also like living so reckless suicidal moves are off the table.

I'd probably learn as much as I can about the planned defences of Kingslanding and then defect to Stannis. Perhaps before a long session of the small council. Volunteer to guard it. Kill everyone inside, change to a spare whitecloak. Summon another KG and tell them the orders were not to be disturbed all night. Then ride for the hills.

Varys, Littlefinger and Tyrion dead. That's a good boon to team Stannis.

I like this plan.

I do what anyone without the gift of hindsight would do. I keep slapping Sansa and forcing my fake laughter after Joffrey's awfulness. No one expects the Lannisters to lose. Not even Jaime Lannister killed Aerys until the entire city was in danger. By the way at this point I'm Osmund Kettleblack. Do you think there is anyway Osmund could kill Joff and not be executed?

Hmmmm.... what do I have to work with?

Small Council:

Queen Regent - Cersei Lannister

Temporary Hand of the king - Tyrion Lannister

Master of coin - Petyr Baelish

Master of whisperers - Varys

Kingsguard:

Ser Jaime Lannister - Lord Commander, currently held prisoner at Riverrun

Ser Meryn Trant - Currently at the capital

Ser Arys Oakheart - Currently at the capital, soon to depart for Dorne with princess Myrcella

Ser Boros Blount - Currently at the capital

Ser Mandon Moore - Currently at the capital

Ser Preston Greenfield - Currently at the capital

Ser Nyrhex - Currently at the capital

I try and get Oakheart on my side, starting with our mutual dislike of the king, especially regarding hitting his own betrothed. We work out a plan to get the order of the watches so that I guard the Small Council meeting, while Blount gurds the king, and Oakheart guards Tommen and Myrcella while they are learning thier numbers or whatever.

The day of the action is the Hound's day off. While Moore, Trant and Greenfield are asleep (Moore is the dangerouse one, Trant and Greenfield the competent ones), at a certain time when the traffic in the Red Keep is as close to none as possible, Oakheart is to take Tommen and Myrcella under some excuse, and start his way to Sansa's room. At the same time I will enter the Small Council chamber and kill everyone inside. The moment I am done I will make a dash to the King's solar, kill Blount and Joffrey. Blount is already fat and old, and I was chosen only for being above average with a blade, with the added factor of surprise I should have little problem with him, and even less with Joffrey.

Once I have finished with the killing I make my way to Sansa' room. By this time I would have used my cloak to clean the blood from armor and sword, and got rid of it. Time is important since it is unlikely that we have more than minutes before someone comes to either Joffrey's quarters or the Small Council chambers and sees the locked doors unguarded. From Sansa's room the five of us make it as fast as possible to the stable, grab two horses and ride as fast as possible to the docks.

At the docks we go straight to the nearest ferry and demand to cross to the south side. South of the Blackwater we ride hard to Storm's End, where last we heared lord Stannis was laying siege to the castle, and lord Renly was rushing to meet him. We should arrive after one or the other has won, and now likely commands all the armies of the south. Whoever wins, will find two new Kingsguard to cement his claim, and the rebel lord Robb Stark's sister as hostage. Our only terms are that the two Lannister children not be harmed.

I think that should do it. Lannisters left with no claimant, the capital is in chaos, and bending to Stannis seems like a very good option for Robb.

By the way at this point I'm Osmund Kettleblack. Do you think there is anyway Osmund could kill Joff and not be executed?

Nope, you aren't. In fact, you would actually be Sandor Clegane if we were doing it with actual characters, but you are supposed to be your own character in this scenario.

Nope, you aren't. In fact, you would actually be Sandor Clegane if we were doing it with actual characters, but you are supposed to be your own character in this scenario.

When I said that I meant I have as much cash and standing in the world as Osmund Kettleblack. I might actually get something accomplished if I was as well known and feared as the Hound.

I do what anyone without the gift of hindsight would do. I keep slapping Sansa and forcing my fake laughter after Joffrey's awfulness. No one expects the Lannisters to lose. Not even Jaime Lannister killed Aerys until the entire city was in danger. By the way at this point I'm Osmund Kettleblack. Do you think there is anyway Osmund could kill Joff and not be executed?

Probably the only realistic poster on this part. Nobody is going to kill the king and be 'allowed' to take the black. Tyrion may have been because he was tywins son and that was a big maybe.

Even defecting is a big risk. I could go to robb or stannis and give them the spiel about joff and how evil he is, but why should they believe me, I could be an assassin sent by the lannisters. Anyway neds son and stannis are hardly going to look favourably on those who abandon their vows. Possibly I could get by with stannis and say that I was sworn to protect the king and not some bastard born of incest, but propagander is rife in wartime, and tales of stannis burning in the name of a new god and robb stark turning into a wolf are hardly going to encourage me to join them.

Realistically I'd either suck up and hope it gets better, or wait for the first chance to slink away to essos and then work out a new life for myself as a sellsword or whatever. If I really missed westeros I might join up with aegon or dany, but I wouldn't plan to from the start.

What will you do? Will you plot to overthrow Joffrey? Will you kill him outright? Desert to another king? Or, perhaps you will just hold to the oaths you have sworn, pretending it doesn't bother you in the slightest.

What will a Kingsguard do?

Hmm... Tommen's a good lad, and Joffrey is not.

Say nothing to anyone, and then kill him the moment I am alone with him. Then I accept martyrdom, making sure I will not be alive for them to torture.

During the bread riots i will grab joffery and take him to a rondom house telling him im taking him to a safe place where i will tell him that I am an exiled wolf who was exiled for killing lanister prisoners and then i will say "rob stark the warden of the north the lord of winterfell the son of eddard stark and the king of the north sends his buggering regards" by this point hes wetting him self i start to laugh. In witch point cerisi enters the room joffery turns around and calls out for his mother at witch point i stab him in the back then move my blade up out and then slice of his head while tears are coming out of both joffery and cersi. Cersi starts screaming and runs toward the boddy sobbing i then say "go to hell" and stab her strsight trough her left brest. And bring both there heads to rob wgere he tries to deside to kil me or to take the black i am fine with both but dince his courst says i should be hounerd he desides to send me to the black where i later become the ranger commander

Archived