[Book Spoliers]Will Trystane Martell be the TV show version of Young Griff?

Jon Icefyre

They waited a season for the Reeds and that worked out. They could definitely introduce them early next season and have them teleport by boat to Mereen just in time for the battle.

Did it? Most people I know have no idea who the Reeds are and/or don't give a shit about them. They should have introduced Euron and Vic last season, while the Ironborn really needed a badassitude adjustment.

Did it? Most people I know have no idea who the Reeds are and/or don't give a shit about them. They should have introduced Euron and Vic last season, while the Ironborn really needed a badassitude adjustment.

Exactly. Last season was the perfect timing for introducing Euron, especially considering that the only (big) new characters introduced were Oberyn and Ellaria

Exactly. Last season was the perfect timing for introducing Euron, especially considering that the only (big) new characters introduced were Oberyn and Ellaria

Well if we go by timing, then S6 not S4 is the perfect timing for Euron. Because the show still needs an antagonist after Roose dies (presumably) at the Battle against Stannis to oppose the Tyrell/Lannister alliance since Daenerys won't arrive until almost last episode and there's no Aegon.

So introducing Euron in S6 would mean he does whatever he does in TWOW (attack Oldtown etc.) without the not so interesting Shield Islands.

Well if we go by timing, then S6 not S4 is the perfect timing for Euron. Because the show still needs an antagonist after Roose dies (presumably) at the Battle against Stannis to oppose the Tyrell/Lannister alliance since Daenerys won't arrive until almost last episode and there's no Aegon.

So introducing Euron in S6 would mean he does whatever he does in TWOW (attack Oldtown etc.) without the not so interesting Shield Islands.

I dont agree with this at all. You could have easily had STannis clash with Roose in the North and have the people down south deal with Euron.

Euron is introducted and raids the shields islands signalling that this is not a man to be fucked with, then Roose dies, then Euron truly tears shit up in the Reach, then a wild silver-haired dragon appears!

And what would they have done since then? Attacked a bunch of irrelevant places for one or two seasons?

I dont agree with this at all. You could have easily had STannis clash with Roose in the North and have the people down south deal with Euron.

Euron is introducted and raids the shields islands signalling that this is not a man to be fucked with, then Roose dies, then Euron truly tears shit up in the Reach, then a wild silver-haired dragon appears!

Of course ideally this would be very nice, but we have to be realistic here. This is simply not possible with 10 episodes and 7 seasons, I think the showrunners will concentrate on "Euron truly tearing shit up in the Reach" and have it mentioned that they raided some islands in the Reach aswell in a scene if it's necessary.

And what would they have done since then? Attacked a bunch of irrelevant places for one or two seasons?

The war of Five kings lasted 2 seasons, they could have introduced Euron nearing the end of season 4 and stretched out the Ironborn campaign for 1,5 to 2 seasons, easily, I really doubt a guy as ambitious as Euron will be done after 1 season, plus there will be a LOT of collateral damage. Then Euron kicks the bucket, Dany reaches Westeros and Aegon comes in for the endgame.

Of course ideally this would be very nice, but we have to be realistic here. This is simply not possible with 10 episodes and 7 seasons, I think the showrunners will concentrate on "Euron truly tearing shit up in the Reach" and have it mentioned that they raided some islands in the Reach aswell in a scene if it's necessary.

I understand, but how I feel is this, 7 seasons, 70 episodes, I am quite sure that by the end of the show we will look back and say "man, they could have cut 10 episodes easily".

?

He showed a duck and said it was a spoiler for this season for book readers. The loose connection is Rolly Duckworth involved with Jamie's plot in dorn? means maybe he's there in Dorn with Trystane who is Young Griff? Its all loose connections but we shall see.

He showed a duck and said it was a spoiler for this season for book readers. The loose connection is Rolly Duckworth involved with Jamie's plot in dorn? means maybe he's there in Dorn with Trystane who is Young Griff? Its all loose connections but we shall see.

Yeah, I've just now watched it... I would be very surprised if Nickolaj even knows about Duckfield, though he has supposedly read all the books, so who knows...

Most people I know, know who they are. Maybe not by name but they do recognize them immediately as Bran's friends, just like Hodor. They were bawling when Jojen got the stabby stabby treatment too. I think they worked magnificently on the TV show.

Most people I know, know who they are. Maybe not by name but they do recognize them immediately as Bran's friends, just like Hodor. They were bawling when Jojen got the stabby stabby treatment too. I think they worked magnificently on the TV show.

That is not what I meant, I meant know why they are important to House Stark. The fact the people you know only know them as Bran's homies just proves my point.

Maybe Victarion and Euron get introduced next season with a opening line like "we got to come because we heard you ran from dogs!".

That is not what I meant, I meant know why they are important to House Stark. The fact the people you know only know them as Bran's homies just proves my point.

They're important for the RLJ backstory, which has been incredibly neglected everywhere :dunno:

What are you on about, that is a total non-issue, they know why they're important to the CURRENTLY living Stark (Bran) they're connected to. Besides it's not like a TV show can constantly portray the history of this and that house. For example hardly anyone even knows who Rhaegar is if they only watch the show since he was mentioned like a total of one or two times in the show.

If you want depth just read the books, don't expect it from 10 hours of TV per 1000 page book (+TWOIAF and whatnot).

What are you on about, that is a total non-issue, they know why they're important to the CURRENTLY living Stark (Bran) they're connected to.

I literally said nothing about their history, so pretty much your entire post makes little sense. I meant more in the sense of, who are House Reed and what have they been doing for the first 2 seasons, why on earth are they travelling with Bran other than some raven, what is their overall objective, what role did they play for Robb's campaign. All current stuff that might have fleshed them out some more.

Archived