[Book Spoilers] Final Scene of Season 5

Izaac

The last scene will be epic music and an anticlimatic final scene. And us, still waiting.

Why does anyone believe IMDB without corroboration?

At least in other shows I follow (ok, Glee...), IMDB has been very accurate. Not 100% but very close. With GOT, I have no idea. Maybe -and probably- because it's more popular nowadays :dunno:

So two seasons post death, she's going to show up in the woods zombified, unsolicited to everything that just occurred in this upcoming season and everyone is going to say "oh wow, that's zombie Cat Stark! Awesome!"

No way. It would be an awkward response more similar to "Wait, what? Who is that? Who? Cat Stark? I thought she died? She's a white walker now? How come?"

The reveal in the books is the epilogue of the same book where her death occurs. You go through a couple hundred pages the hit lands. Last season, one year removed from The Red Wedding would've been excellent.

Two years removed is awkward. So she's been lurking in the woods for two seasons with no mention? Yeah I guess. But thats lazy writing, or at least writing that screams these guys have no idea what they're doing. Adding her now is a borderline panic move.

No, it will show that she has taken control of the bwob, and has been guiding them over the past 2 years. This is how it was in the book, anyway. We did not witness her 'resurrection.' The first we saw, she already has a leadership role in the bwob and is their decision maker. The show, if they decide to use this, will not have to explain away what she was doing the past 2 years.

No, it will show that she has taken control of the bwob, and has been guiding them over the past 2 years. This is how it was in the book, anyway. We did not witness her 'resurrection.' The first we saw, she already has a leadership role in the bwob and is their decision maker. The show, if they decide to use this, will not have to explain away what she was doing the past 2 years.

In terms of time it was not actually 2 years in the book, right? Few months tops, I think

Yeah I do agree, it's been far too long. This season will end with either Jon's Ceaser moment or Dany riding Drogon in the Dothraki sea.

It's not Jon's big scene, they wouldn't leave such a cliffhanger that will 100% get spoiled for the show watchers (and make them want to look it up anyway). It's probably Ghost exhibiting some particularly human-like behavior or Dany running into the Dothraki, since the pit is already in ep9.

Why not, it's how ADWD ends and book readers are in the same position now. I feel most people believe Jon to survive it's the how which offers most intrigue, the same concept can apply for the show unless of course he really is dead and that would be a huge spoiler.

It's not Jon's big scene, they wouldn't leave such a cliffhanger that will 100% get spoiled for the show watchers (and make them want to look it up anyway). It's probably Ghost exhibiting some particularly human-like behavior or Dany running into the Dothraki, since the pit is already in ep9.

Why would they deprive the Unsullied of the debate that we've been having for the past 5-6 years? (re: whether Jon is alive or not) Just bc they will research it in the time off before the next season? Who cares? Is there a concrete answer that I haven't come across yet as to whether he is dead or alive?

Ending the season with Jon's Ceasar moment is what should've happened in s4 with LSH's moment. People would've talked about it the entire time off and would've brought a whole new audience into the books. But that would've prompted them with figuring out where to take her in s5 which I guess they're not prepared to do, hence the overall dropping of her character altogether, or so it appears.

The problem with Season 5, and its condensation of Books 4, 5 and some of 6, is that there are a number of cliffhanger moments. Varys, Jon Caesar, Dany, LHS?!! (a man can only hope).

But D&D have never used a proper book ending for any of their series finales, have they?--except perhaps Dany's phoenix rebirth at the end of Season 1. Every other finale has been of their own brewing--(and wildly unsuccessful in my opinion, as opposed to the original book content).

So, I have a feeling that the final scene will be of their own making, not anything book related.

Archived