BOOK SPOILERS: Biggest disappointment in character not on TV show?

GameofThronesFanatic#42

1. Stoneheart

PLEASE PLEASE don't cut her. I'd be surprised if they do as the show does like shocks and twists and SH certainly is a shocking twist. And its a fantasy show! No reason to be too ashamed to show too much fantasy! You already have dragons and ice zombies. This isn't much worse.

I don't get why they set up Beric's resurrection abilities and Brienne's oath and everything if they're not gonna have SH.

Also, I'd be disappointed if they cut her cause that would mean her role isn't that important in the overall plot. I had high hopes for her. Giving her role to Sansa won't be as cool - we already have revenge obsessed Arya and Sansa's character is quite different.

2. Wyman Manderly

While they could probably cut him without diverging from the books' plot too much, I do love him.

3. Young Griff

Hope they don't do away with his storyline completely, though I could live with it if they gave the role to Trystane instead.

5. Coldhands

Again not so important to the plot but he was awesome.

6. Arianne

Was surprised they cut her. Does anyone think maybe they'll give her role to Ellaria?

I'd also really be disappointed if the Oldtown plot is not included but I fear that it won't be. I suppose I can't blame them since it would involve brand new sets and characters (similar to White Harbor/Manderly). There's just not enough time and money for all of those. They'll probably have the maesters in Kings Landing or something like that discussing/plotting their stuff. But I really wanted to see Alleras and Sam. :frown5:

Loras Tyrell (since at least season 3) *still bitter*

I can live without LS but also think that could have made for awesome television (except they want to keep the resurrection part to a minimum).

I can definitely live without Arianne who annoys me to irrational levels in the books.

Will miss the (F)Aegon stuff, if it's really cut and not just postponed.

Will also miss some of the AFFC!Cersei revolving supporting characters like Taena, the Kettleblacks and other lickspittles,

I was really disappointed when I read that there would be no Quentyn Martell in the show - I really liked him in the books and I would have loved to see him visualized in the TV show.

Also of course the whole Young Griff plot.

Since I started reading the books after season 4, AFFC and ADWD were the first books that I read without having equivalent TV show images in my head. So I was so excited about seeing all those "new" characters visualized - just to realize they have been cut. ;)

I have to admit though, that I'm not really sad about the missing Greyjoy brothers. The Lady Stoneheart plot would have been really cool, though.

Arianne. Whats the point of having Dorne is you don't make it truly different. It's not just the heat and the sand that makes it different.

Lady Stoneheart as well. Also I feel like some characters have the name but none of the characteristics of who they are meant to be.

1. Stoneheart

PLEASE PLEASE don't cut her. I'd be surprised if they do as the show does like shocks and twists and SH certainly is a shocking twist. And its a fantasy show! No reason to be too ashamed to show too much fantasy! You already have dragons and ice zombies. This isn't much worse.

I don't get why they set up Beric's resurrection abilities and Brienne's oath and everything if they're not gonna have SH.

Also, I'd be disappointed if they cut her cause that would mean her role isn't that important in the overall plot. I had high hopes for her. Giving her role to Sansa won't be as cool - we already have revenge obsessed Arya and Sansa's character is quite different.

2. Wyman Manderly

While they could probably cut him without diverging from the books' plot too much, I do love him.

3. Young Griff

Hope they don't do away with his storyline completely, though I could live with it if they gave the role to Trystane instead.

5. Coldhands

Again not so important to the plot but he was awesome.

6. Arianne

Was surprised they cut her. Does anyone think maybe they'll give her role to Ellaria?

i watched a breakdown of the recent trailer on Youtube, and we see a women which is believed to be the sand snake, Tyene Sand seducing someone, which is probably Jaime seeing as he was sent to Dorne instead of ser Arys. So it seems that Arianne's role may be going to a sand snake and that would probably by best.

i watched a breakdown of the recent trailer on Youtube, and we see a women which is believed to be the sand snake, Tyene Sand seducing someone, which is probably Jaime seeing as he was sent to Dorne instead of ser Arys. So it seems that Arianne's role may be going to a sand snake and that would probably by best.

People forget that Arys (Or his no name red shirt equivalent) Went with Myrcella to Dorne on the show. I hope they don't forget that, it's a minor detail that if ignored would make no sense.

Northern characters mostly.

Manderly...every show/movie I watched for the last year, I've been scoping out actors for Manderly's role.

The Mormont mom and sisters.

Haven't heard whether or not Lady Dustin is in or out.

Ian McNiece who played Illyrio in the pilot and the Newreader on Rome IS PERFECT FOR WYMAN MANDERLY. If you haven't heard his voice, look up a clip from Rome. Hearing that voice speak the North Remembers speech would be angelic.

Archived