Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

I'd like to think that opinion is made for Euron because how much the viewer has been introduced to the Iron Born culture and the fact that a last bit of hope is instead of it all being did away with, they're removing the Iron Victory storyline (Victarion, Moqorro, the Dusky Women). The thing is, given Dany's cliffhanger seems to be Daznag's, they still have the chance to be introduced and kill off Balon at the end of this season.

Given that it can still feasibly be worked into the show, it makes people think it's happening. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Sure, and thanks for the opinion. I've seen Euron's name on most lists as likely to appear, and I was curious as to why. *Cautious optimism* sounds like just the right term :)

Sure, and thanks for the opinion. I've seen Euron's name on most lists as likely to appear, and I was curious as to why. *Cautious optimism* sounds like just the right term :)

Euron was cited as Theon's uncle in a Greyjoy family tree that HBO released at some point - a family tree that did not list Aeron or Victarion. I am not sure that it's still "operational" but it's probably the main piece of evidence for his presence on the show. I am less convinced he will be in than other board members (nor do I care since I dislike most of the Iron Islands plot line) but it's certainly possible.

No chance for that. Season 5 will cover almost all of Feast and Dance.

Except maybe for a few tidbits such as :

- Jon's final chapter (I can see this one ending 6x01).

- Bran's final chapter (visions).

- Jaime in the Riverlands (possibly Brienne and LS but I doubt it).

- Kevan and Pycelle's death will be, imo, in season 5 but who knows.

- Very likely to feature in season 5 but who knows : Theon's capture by Stannis.

So, in the end, apart from maybe Jon, Bran, Jaime and Brienne, all Feast and Dance will have been covered and what's left, except will be covered in two episodes top. Unless they devote some real time to the Riverrun arc (unlikely, the Freys already own Riverrun in the show, at best we'd have Jaime releasing Edmure from captivity and sending them and Roslin to Casterly Rock).

Speaking of Roslin, I truly like the actress in the Musketeers (BBC TV show) and wish to see her again in GoT as soon as possible !

Agree Season 5 will cover majority of the two books but I do also believe Euron Greyjoy or the Griffs could be pushed back a season and included in line with the Winds of Winter material next year.

I really thought there would be a chance GRRM would have finished Winds by the end of Feb. 2015 because even if season 6 is blocked out the teleplays are being written this month and next.

Production begins in roughly 5 months , so I figure casting has to be done by June or the end of June?

Comic-con 2015 starts July 8th this year which is a earlier than the last 3 years.

Wonder about who will be there, may be tight this year.

I think they will have an Euron/Victarion amalgam, (F)Aegon, JonCon, Randyll Tarly, maybe some asspull Tyrell if Loras is no longer sufficient or he takes over Garlan's (martial) role and Olenna plays Willas (political) role. Probably Sarella/Alleras but one of the already existing Sandsnakes might do her stuff, if Oldtown/Citadell is in play (seems rather important to me in the books but who knows?). No idea about what would be essential about the North or Essos because ... reason. :leaving:

ETA:

I really thought there would be a chance GRRM would have finished Winds by the end of Feb. 2015

I was estimating April/May 2015 by GRRM later standard speed but unfortunately he still seems behind.

• 2 weeks later...

On a side note, I really hope GRRM writes an episode for Season 6. If the show is going to overtake the books anyways, I would rather that he doesn't fret about it and instead contributes well to the show too.

This! In fact, I'd rather he work on 2 or 3 few episodes so the season can have more of his "voice".

i hope we get 2 episodes written by GRRM, 2 by Cogman, 2 by Dave Hill and only 4 by D&D.

Well, we dont really know what Dave Hill is worth so far but I have faith, he had some nice ideas in season 4.

The only "major" character I am relatively hopeful of seeing in Season 6 is Euron – if they could have Bran sit out the entire season, they can do same with entire Ironborn plot, I believe the Ironborn will return in Season 6, but Vicatrion and Aeron will be absorbed into Euron and Yarra characters.

As to the rest it is impossible to tell now, at least until we see Season5;

I am already pretty confident that Aryanne and Quent are cut. Aryannes functions will be split between Ellaria, Sandsnakes and possibly Myrcella. Weather Trystan will be borrowing the story arks of Aegon or Quentyn or both – we have to see.

I would say there is still a small chance for the Griff story / and maybe Lord Tarly as well. And I won't be surprised if they bring back Gendry to replace some character (s) from the books.

• 2 weeks later...

Euron was cited as Theon's uncle in a Greyjoy family tree that HBO released at some point - a family tree that did not list Aeron or Victarion. I am not sure that it's still "operational" but it's probably the main piece of evidence for his presence on the show. I am less convinced he will be in than other board members (nor do I care since I dislike most of the Iron Islands plot line) but it's certainly possible.

The original tree listed all the uncles, but that was way back after series 1. Then it was 'updated'.

The original tree listed all the uncles, but that was way back after series 1. Then it was 'updated'.

On a side note, I really hope GRRM writes an episode for Season 6. If the show is going to overtake the books anyways, I would rather that he doesn't fret about it and instead contributes well to the show too.

Great point.

I'm expecting Winds to be out before Season 6 so hope GRRM writes several episodes in the final season.

I didn't think of this but this is such a great point. There is a 0% chance we ADoS before Season 7, so if GRRM hands all over the last season, it will still really feel like his baby.

Archived