Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

Hey folks,

Don't usually post, but since we seem to have almost all of the season 5 casting news, I thought it'd be fun to speculate on Season 6. I am the belief that there will be more flashbacks to coincide with Bran's storyline.

Here are my guesses

Euron Greyjoy

Archmaester Marwyn

Howland Reed

Lyanna Stark

Rhaegar Targaryen

Aerys Targaryen II

Brandon Stark

Rickon Stark

Outside of the box I know, but I think this will be fun while we wait for Season 5!

Valar Morghulis

Griff

Young Griff

Euron Greyjoy

Randyll Tarly

Howland Reed

Rickon Stark

I really hope that Griff and Young Griff will be in season 6. Surely the fact that they are due to link up with the Dorne arc (which is heavily featured in season 5) means it will happen, after all.

I think the Citadel arc will be accomplished very differently in the show.

I think Sam will find the informations on the Others he should have discovered at the Citadel in the Castle Black library instead.

As for the potential Maester and Faceless Men conspiracies, there are other ways to bring them up (if ever) if they're relevant for the show.

Then, there's Euron attack, but unless in the books, you dont need a PoV there to witness the Iron Born raid.

Finally, if Sarella's games are important, once again, the show will find a different way to bring it up.

^I still think Sam will leave CB in the show. This falls more under s5 spec and I've said as much on the s5 casting thread but I think he and Jon will part ways from Eastwatch around ep. 507 with Jon sailing north to Hardhome/northofthewall fishing village and Sam sailing south. This will come after Aemon dies (at the Wall on the show, it was likely him on the pyre in the trailer) and then Jon will make the hard decision to send his best friend away to train to be the next Maester.

I really don't see the Sam in Oldtown stuff as being something easy to write around. They could make it much shorter or have it go right to the inevitable Ironborn action or something like that, but since they included Sam and GIlly so much already, I think they won't mind them branching off into their own storyline again. Also I think it's important that Sam isn't around for the Ides.

I am hoping for the best that season 6 will be themed on the story Arcs from AFFC and ADwD not themed in season 5 and not on a book not even released yet, so:

Euron

Victarion

Aeron

Young Griff/(f)Aegon

Griff

Haldon

Duck

Lemore

Yandry

Ysilla

Moqorro

Quentyn (unless he has already been cast for SE5

Wyman Manderly

I only want Sarrela Sand and Randyll Tarly as significant characters. Which should not be unrealistic since they are both related to existing characters and storylines. I hope Oldtown stuff will be in.

Than probably Euron will be cast, but i would like if Balon stay alive longer and do what Euron is supposed to do. Unlike some other posters i do not expect it will be anything spectacular and him being some new big bad obstacle for Dany.... Ironborns are joke as military force, in the show even more then in the books. Balon´s actor is just perfect and since Ironborns story is already very different then in the books, i would prefer him as their leader over new potentially cheesy looking bad guy, who will not even get his book introduction in the form of kingsmoot if he is only introduced in season 6.

I am hoping for the best that season 6 will be themed on the story Arcs from AFFC and ADwD not themed in season 5 and not on a book not even released yet, so:

No chance for that. Season 5 will cover almost all of Feast and Dance.

Except maybe for a few tidbits such as :

- Jon's final chapter (I can see this one ending 6x01).

- Bran's final chapter (visions).

- Jaime in the Riverlands (possibly Brienne and LS but I doubt it).

- Kevan and Pycelle's death will be, imo, in season 5 but who knows.

- Very likely to feature in season 5 but who knows : Theon's capture by Stannis.

So, in the end, apart from maybe Jon, Bran, Jaime and Brienne, all Feast and Dance will have been covered and what's left, except will be covered in two episodes top. Unless they devote some real time to the Riverrun arc (unlikely, the Freys already own Riverrun in the show, at best we'd have Jaime releasing Edmure from captivity and sending them and Roslin to Casterly Rock).

Speaking of Roslin, I truly like the actress in the Musketeers (BBC TV show) and wish to see her again in GoT as soon as possible !

I think the only flashback we'll get is the Tower of Joy and possibly, some of Robert's Rebellion (including why it started: Targs) if context for the Tower of Joy is needed.

And while I'd like to have the Griffs in, I doubt they'll be included. There may be a few maesters in Oldtown depending on how that story line plays out but otherwise, I think the show will do it's best to make do with the characters they have now. So Balon, who's still alive and kicking, will fulfill any Euron/Victorian/Iron Born plots, and Edmure/Blackfish/Frey will return to address the Riverlands/Frey plots. Season 5 will have introduced any new Dothraki and Dorne casts we'll need in Season 6.

I just think most of Bran's S6 Arc must be flashback related and then S7 will be him in control of his powers and using them towards the endgame.

You're probably right though, Brandon and Rickard's execution wouldn't do as much as the Tower of Joy for the TV Storyline. Although I think Jaime killing the Mad King would be cool to see even though we know most of the story from his bathtub scene with Brienne.

I just think most of Bran's S6 Arc must be flashback related and then S7 will be him in control of his powers and using them towards the endgame.

You're probably right though, Brandon and Rickard's execution wouldn't do as much as the Tower of Joy for the TV Storyline. Although I think Jaime killing the Mad King would be cool to see even though we know most of the story from his bathtub scene with Brienne.

Brandon and Rickard are a part of the Targ back story of Tower of Joy but that said, I doubt there will be much emphasis on it. Even Tower of Joy is only to explain Jon's parents.

But you did remind me that I completely ignored the back story of North of the Wall. I imagine we'll learn about all of that through Bran's visions, if we learn about it. I think it will be through Jon in Snow in the books. Having said that, I still don't think we'll get that many flashbacks. I think Bran's arc will focus on explaining and experimenting with magic.

The new characters I see for season 6 (not counting the dozens of characters that are basically featured extras that appear each season) are:

Randyl Tarly (Need some sort of commander for Tyrell/Lannister forces, since they'll be fighting someone by the end of S6)

Euron Greyjoy (and only Euron)

Either two or three Freys (need the infighting at the Twins after Walder dies)

A Dothraki Khal

But beyond that, it really depends on what the hell happens in TWOW. I don't think Aegon or Jon Connington show up, or most of the other larger characters from AFFC/ADWD that aren't in S5. If Sam ends up at the Citadel, Marywn or some other maesters may be there, but that's probably it. I'm sure Dany will meet some other characters who will get swept up into her entourage (particularly since I think Barristan and Grey Wind are dying in S5), but I have no idea who they might be.

Since flashbacks are a thing now. I think there's an excellent chance of a flashback to the Tower of Joy. But I think that happens when Jon's parentage is explained, which seems like a S7 thing to me. I'm not sure what might be an appropriate S6 flashback, maybe the final minutes of Aerys II's life?

^I still think Sam will leave CB in the show. This falls more under s5 spec and I've said as much on the s5 casting thread but I think he and Jon will part ways from Eastwatch around ep. 507 with Jon sailing north to Hardhome/northofthewall fishing village and Sam sailing south. This will come after Aemon dies (at the Wall on the show, it was likely him on the pyre in the trailer) and then Jon will make the hard decision to send his best friend away to train to be the next Maester.

I really don't see the Sam in Oldtown stuff as being something easy to write around. They could make it much shorter or have it go right to the inevitable Ironborn action or something like that, but since they included Sam and GIlly so much already, I think they won't mind them branching off into their own storyline again. Also I think it's important that Sam isn't around for the Ides.

I completely agree with this. I think Sam will be sent off towards the end of the season.

I can also see than making him take Gilly for any number of plausible reasons including the white walker interest in getting Craster's child.

Archived