Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

Also from WOTW, the Northern lords they were casting earlier are the Smalljon (as most of us guessed) and a new Lord Karstark.  It's probably sensible for the show to keep using the two non-Bolton noble houses the audience would remember.

Then your post makes no sense. The Meereen storyline was specifically created for the show, and the SoH were anonymous. If the show wanted to have a movement with a leader then instead of masked guerillas in the street, the emphasis would have been on Dany's court and the various players who might eventually prove to be responsible...like a whodunnit scenario. They would not have bothered with expensive choreography and sets, and would have created scenes that left us all believing anyone and everyone in Dany's court might be responsible.

No, the show created a faceless movement. and if they want to suddenly put a face on it they would have done it completely differently.

Unless they wanted to save the face for Varys and his little sparrows to finally expose and for Tyrion to deal with.

Unless they wanted to save the face for Varys and his little sparrows to finally expose and for Tyrion to deal with.

even if they were, more time would have been spent on Dany's advisors to draw out suspicions, and there would have been more of them, like the Green Grace. That way is would not be a complete disconnect from one season to the next. No, the SotH is an anonymous guerilla movement and if they are ever shown to have leaders there will be more than one with very minor show roles.

even if they were, more time would have been spent on Dany's advisors to draw out suspicions, and there would have been more of them, like the Green Grace. That way is would not be a complete disconnect from one season to the next. No, the SotH is an anonymous guerilla movement and if they are ever shown to have leaders there will be more than one with very minor show roles.

Plenty of time to do that this season.

Plenty of time to do that this season.

No.

You are completely missing the point. The show created from scratch, with very little similarity to the source material, the looks and feel of the SotH resistance movement. If they wanted to do as you say they would have done it from the beginning. You are incorrect that the show "needs" a leader for this movement because the movement is already serving its purpose just fine without a visible leader: that is, forcing Dany to accept that even if she wants to do good, not everyone she conquers is going to simply accept changes to the way they have always done things.

Making it a case of puppets with someone pulling the strings completely undermines what the movement actually is: a movement based on resentment of her conquest and the changes she brought with her.

If true, what's with Roberts?

Is it for sure this is Euron or is he actually playing the other guy we read the call for last week: young pirate with lots of speaking in crowd?

I just think this guy looks too young. I am sure he is a good actor, but I think maybe we should consider that he is not Euron?

If true, what's with Roberts?

Is it for sure this is Euron or is he actually playing the other guy we read the call for last week: young pirate with lots of speaking in crowd?

I just think this guy looks too young. I am sure he is a good actor, but I think maybe we should consider that he is not Euron?

Sorry to ask, but I have been absent for a while and despite having gone back quite a few pages may I ask, 

Roberts who??

As for Pilou Asbaek, I think he is a very good actor. I saw him in Borgen, the Borgias and 1864. Whilst I believe he could do Euron justice, he just

seems too young for me. He could be Theon's older Brother but Balon's younger one ? I just can't see it. 

He is only 33. So okay he is slightly cross-eyed (which could possible imitate / replace the impact of an eye-patch?) and his eyes bulge a little, but still?

Sorry to ask, but I have been absent for a while and despite having gone back quite a few pages may I ask, 

Roberts who??

As for Pilou Asbaek, I think he is a very good actor. I saw him in Borgen, the Borgias and 1864. Whilst I believe he could do Euron justice, he just
seems too young for me. He could be Theon's older Brother but Balon's younger one ? I just can't see it. 
He is only 33. So okay he is slightly cross-eyed (which could possible imitate / replace the impact of an eye-patch?) and his eyes bulge a little, but still?

Eric Roberts see discussion:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/133963-max-von-sydow-tweeting-eric-roberts/

To me Asbaek seems more like this guy:

http://watchersonthewall.com/spoiler-country-game-of-thrones-casting-for-a-rugged-type-character-confirmations-and-an-intriguing-nikolaj-coster-waldau-rumor/

Maybe the source got it wrong? Both characters are Kingsmoot afterall...

Thanks Hippocras.

So, other than the re-tweet though, there are no other sources that would support that Eric Roberts has been cast. 

Personally I think Eric fits Euron's description much better than Pilou but my ideal Euron is and always has been Ian McShane. It could not believe it when I read that he had actually been cast, albeit it seems in a different role. 

Thanks Hippocras.

So, other than the re-tweet though, there are no other sources that would support that Eric Roberts has been cast. 

Personally I think Eric fits Euron's description much better than Pilou but my ideal Euron is and always has been Ian McShane. It could not believe it when I read that he had actually been cast, albeit it seems in a different role. 

When I heard that Ian McShane had been cast, I thought initially that it would be to play a Greyjoy.  I'm not sure if they are casting anyone for Aeron and Victarion. If not, then it leaves open the question of who he is playing. My other thought at the time of casting was Randyll Tarly. I guess there is enough of a resemblance to cast him as Sam's dad.  A little bit more out there options are Archmaester Marwyn (I am assuming they will skip to Sam reaching the Citadel rather than showing us his journey there) and the White Bull (if - as it seems is likely given the description of the Arthur Dayne-type character - there is going to be a ToJ flashback). But, they may have Ned fighting him one-on-one and cut out the other Kingsguard/Northmen.   

Which guy?  I can't follow which character you're talking about other than Euron.

Archived