Season 6 Casting, Sightings and Speculations

Swineherd

Can I just say reading through early S5 casting threads is hilarious?

No way they'd be so stupid and not cast Arianne!

No way they'll cast multiple sand snakes and not Arianne!

They'll probably cast Trystane and just one other of Doran's children!

They won't merge Arianne and Ellaria, that's dumb!

Those audition scripts probably changed dialogue to avoid spoilers!

My favorite part, and this is an actual quote, is:

BS. The Vale knights stay in the Vale, Brienne stays in the Vale/Riverlands with Pod, Mel never leaves the Wall... --snip--

Vale knights will leave because of Littlefinger's plan, Brienne is in the north, Mel left the wall. LOL

I post this to remind you all to tread carefully when having faith in the showrunners. They often disappoint. As someone once posted...

"_____ is absolutely necessary"are the famous last words of many a former defender of the show.

There was an interview recently with Benihoff, Weiss, and the actor who plays Sam. Benihoff insisted that Sam was not a PoV character in the books. Until the guy who plays Sam called him out on it. So I'm going to say the showrunners aren't keen on that storyline. Has Oldtown even been mentioned on the show?

Wow. I just saw this. It confirmed my suspicions that Ding and Dong haven't read books 4 and 5 (Sam is also in the 3rd book but I guess they forgot).

I know it's not casting news but...Game of Thrones scouting Girona, Spain for season 6http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-scouting-girona-spain-for-season-6/

I'm thinking the Citadel/Oldtown.

I still hold out hope for Castel Sant'Angelo for the Citadel (Vatican) but that might be impossible to get.

Other possibilities:

1. Highgarden. We know Winds of Winter goes there, so chances are good it is a location in season 6. And it is South of KL so Spanish (Catalan actually) location fits possibly.

2. Big temple in Essos - If slave revolts in Volantis, Pentos and other in support of Daenerys become a thing in Winds of Winter, and the Red God thing comes to the fore.

3. Casterly Rock.

Given that they cut out all the major new plots introduced in Feast/Dance I really don't see much in the way of any more big casting. Old Town: Cut, The Vale: Cut, Iron Isles: Cut, Aegon's conquest: Cut. If there are some major characters introduced in TWOW which need to be included in the show then they'll be cast I'm sure, but given that D+D's idea of important doesn't include the likes of Arianne, Aegon or Euron, it seems unlikely that they'll want any more big characters.

The only guy I can think of off the top of my head to be cast is Randyll Tarly, just because we've already heard so much of him and D+D love "buy-in" for their characters.

Given that they cut out all the major new plots introduced in Feast/Dance I really don't see much in the way of any more big casting. Old Town: Cut, The Vale: Cut, Iron Isles: Cut, Aegon's conquest: Cut. If there are some major characters introduced in TWOW which need to be included in the show then they'll be cast I'm sure, but given that D+D's idea of important doesn't include the likes of Arianne, Aegon or Euron, it seems unlikely that they'll want any more big characters.

The only guy I can think of off the top of my head to be cast is Randyll Tarly, just because we've already heard so much of him and D+D love "buy-in" for their characters.

Oldtown has had at least 3 name drops already this season. I am not sure it is cut at all or why mention it so much?

There are a number of characters and places that may very well appear in season 6 and people are too hatily assuming that not being in season 5 means not being in at all.

I think there will still be some kind of Iron Islands action, if vastly simplified. I think we will get Euron. And I agree we will probably get Sam's Dad.

Oldtown has had at least 3 name drops already this season. I am not sure it is cut at all or why mention it so much?

There are a number of characters and places that may very well appear in season 6 and people are too hatily assuming that not being in season 5 means not being in at all.

I think there will still be some kind of Iron Islands action, if vastly simplified. I think we will get Euron. And I agree we will probably get Sam's Dad.

Maybe we will get Oldtown - its possible. I just think that they had the perfect opportunity to do Sam's AFFC arc this season - they could have combined it more with Arya's as they'd both be in Braavos, rather than just a passing meeting. I suppose they might just want to skip the long journey to Oldtown and instead just send Sam there quickly.

I definitely think the ship has sailed for The Ironborn (pun intended). Hell, that stuff could easily have been in S4. Certainly no Victarion, as his big role looks to be the Battle of Fire. Maybe if Oldtown is in they skip over the whole Kingsmoot thing, have Euron pop up and kill Balon and then fast forward straight to Euron's invasion of Oldtown.

Maybe we will get Oldtown - its possible. I just think that they had the perfect opportunity to do Sam's AFFC arc this season - they could have combined it more with Arya's as they'd both be in Braavos, rather than just a passing meeting. I suppose they might just want to skip the long journey to Oldtown and instead just send Sam there quickly.

I definitely think the ship has sailed for The Ironborn (pun intended). Hell, that stuff could easily have been in S4. Certainly no Victarion, as his big role looks to be the Battle of Fire. Maybe if Oldtown is in they skip over the whole Kingsmoot thing, have Euron pop up and kill Balon and then fast forward straight to Euron's invasion of Oldtown.

Yeah I had hoped Arya and Sam would meet too.

Maybe they still will. I could Picture Sam going to Braavos to negotiate with the Iron Bank for Jon, becaus the show clearly will not have Tycho show up in the North. So maybe Arya and Sam will still meet.

Yeah I had hoped Arya and Sam would meet too.

Maybe they still will. I could Picture Sam going to Braavos to negotiate with the Iron Bank for Jon, becaus the show clearly will not have Tycho show up in the North. So maybe Arya and Sam will still meet.

Why can't Tycho come up north? I would have thought the only reason they'd introduce him was so that could happen.

Anyway I don't think we'll be getting Sam in Braavos - they're doing everything he does in Braavos at the Wall. So I think they'll cut that and just have him turn up at Oldtown at the start of S6.

I'm pretty convinced that Oldtown is happening but I'm struggling to see the reasoning for Sam leaving unless Jon commands him to do so in E7 right before leaving for Hardhome. Jon will be away from E8 to E10 and when he returns

he will busy being stabbed

... and Sam can't leave on his own or it could be considered desertion.

Unless...... Alliser Thorne sends Sam away so Jon won't have any friends left at the Wall (again) when

Jon is stabbed

I'm pretty convinced that Oldtown is happening but I'm struggling to see the reasoning for Sam leaving unless Jon commands him to do so in E7 right before leaving for Hardhome. Jon will be away from E8 to E10 and when he returns

he will busy being stabbed

... and Sam can't leave on his own or it could be considered desertion.

Unless...... Alliser Thorne sends Sam away so Jon won't have any friends left at the Wall (again) when

Jon is stabbed

Is it not possible that Jon returns in Episode 9 to send Sam away? Or sends him off early episode 10? I expect we'll have more than one Wall scene in Episode 10 and Jon's stabbing will presumably be very close to (if not the) end of the episode.

Could be for sure, but E9-10 will be very packed. Maybe after Hardhome, Jon needs more info on the White Walkers and sends Sam to gather more information in E10.

Edit: It appears you are right, Jon will be back from Hardhome in E9

Jon returns to the Wall; Arya runs into someone from her past; Mace visits the Iron Bank; Stannis faces a difficult decision; Daenerys oversees a celebration of athleticism

Could be for sure, but E9-10 will be very packed. Maybe after Hardhome, Jon needs more info on the White Walkers and sends Sam to gather more information in E10.

Edit: It appears you are right, Jon will be back from Hardhome in E9

I'm thinking maybe things don't go as expected at Hardhome and like you said Jon needs to get more info on the White Walkers. Therefore, sends Sam to Oldtown upon returning. Then certain stuff unfolds...

I wonder what Stannis' difficult decision will be?

On the castings for next year, Oldtown (and maybe Casterly Rock) will be the only new locations but like others streamlined.

This makes me think we're getting the Citadel: http://watchersonthewall.com/game-of-thrones-scouting-girona-spain-for-season-6/

The only notable new castings I can see happening are: Howland, Marwyn, the Sphinx, and Randyll Tarly.

I think Aemon will die and Sam will offer to replace him tonight. He will travel to Eastwatch with the Hardhome party and part ways there. I suspect it will be Sam's idea to go, not Jon's. and he will do it to protect Gilly.

We'll see tonight but that is what would make the most sense IMO.

To answer the question above about Tycho: Stannis already has his IB loan in the show. So there is zero reason for Tycho to show up in the North now. So if the Watch having an IB loan matters at all, the only way the show can make it happen is for someone, probably Sam, to make a trip to Braavos. so he might be there in episode 9 or 10, or early next season (if the Watch loan matters).

Clearly there is nothing stopping Tycho from going to the Wall if he wants to go, but he has not the slightest reason in the show to do so.

I think Aemon will die and Sam will offer to replace him tonight. He will travel to Eastwatch with the Hardhome party and part ways there. I suspect it will be Sam's idea to go, not Jon's. and he will do it to protect Gilly.

We'll see tonight but that is what would make the most sense IMO.

Jon is nowhere to be seen in any of the Aemon scenes, so I'm pretty sure he's gone before Aemon dies, and Sam will be sent away in episode 9.

A hint for House Tarly:

An actor friend just auditioned for a secret S6 role called 'brother', and an older acquaintance of his went up for 'father'. My friend (not a reader or even I think much of a watcher) described the 'brother' as an arrogant, athletic bully with an older, unsuitable, brother as heir ahead of him.

It seems S6 is at the very least considering incorporating and casting the Tarlys, including some version of an aged up Dickon (my friend is in his twenties).

A hint for House Tarly:

An actor friend just auditioned for a secret S6 role called 'brother', and an older acquaintance of his went up for 'father'. My friend (not a reader or even I think much of a watcher) described the 'brother' as an arrogant, athletic bully with an older, unsuitable, brother as heir ahead of him.

It seems S6 is at the very least considering incorporating and casting the Tarlys, including some version of an aged up Dickon (my friend is in his twenties).

THis last week?

Archived