How much Theon/Reek do you think we'll see this season?

I_Might_Be_God

I like that idea, bringing Littlefinger into it. The snow castle scene would be good foreshadowing, and an explanation of his Catelyn-related motivations would be nice. Littlefinger talking to Roose has the potential to be classic too. A pair of calculating psychopaths testing each other for potential weaknesses, or for points of shared self-interest.

).

Littlefinger might have a personal motivation to see where Brandon Stark is buried. It would be nice to see him given more personal motivations, I would like to see the character given some depth. I wonder how he would react if he were to find out that Bran and Rickon are still alive? It's information that could potentially ruin the Boltons - but - would he tell Sansa.

Roose could still have 'Brave Danny Flint' played at the wedding feast - it would be nice to hear that song this season, considering the number of characters that are masquerading as someone else. I wonder whether Petyr could assume some of Manderley's role too.

Sansa in Winterfell is a really great idea (I know the purists are going mental) but it raises the stakes of the storyline. Sansa being on the Bolton 'side' would also be nice because the audience would feel conflicted into who to root for - it also mirrors the battle for King's Landing very nicely.

• 2 weeks later...

I still think 7 episodes for the Winterfell arc. My belief is the Battle of Ice will happen between episodes 9 and 10.

Leading up to that, 5 episodes to roughly cover the chapters Theon still has left seems reasonable to me. I think Reek / Theon will appear in all the Winterfell episodes, but will have merely an observing non-speaking (Reek) part in a couple.

Other than that, the major points (related specifically to Theon, not talking about the whole WF arc here) I hope to see portrayed are :

- Heart tree confession.

- Brought before Northern Lords suspecting him of the murders.

- Discussing with a Barbrey Dustin equivalent.

- Maybe meeting Wildlings infiltrated in the castle.

- Maybe serve as a Roose interlocutor (it would be nice having Roose confide in Reek, when they'd be alone).

- And whatever redemption/salvation he'll get at the end of the season.

Archived