BOOK Spoilers: Doran's big reveal at the end of season 5?

Hagen of Tronje

I think it will be quite simple. First Doran will have a scene with Jaime, Ellaria, Trystane and Myrcella that will end with seemingly reasonable peaceful solution that let Myrcella go to KL or let her stay in Dorne. Than he will send Jaime and Myrcella away, release Sand Snakes from a prison and tell to everyone present his real plan is to get revenge on Lannisters afterall, Trystane is promised to Dany and Sand Snakes are going to play a trojan horse in KL.

I do not see any need for Trystane=Aegon, Trystane will be basically Arianne. There is a gender switch of heir to Dorne, because it will be Dany and not Aegon who will invade Westeros in the season 6.

I certainly believe that Trystane will take on some part of Quentyn/(f)Aegon's role. I definitely believe that endgame is a big plot to wed Trystane to Dany and that Myrcella is just a pawn to help keep the Lannisters at bay. Trystane may fall in love with Myrcella and then be conflicted about continuing with his father's plan.

I can actually see that happening.

I do not see any need for Trystane=Aegon, Trystane will be basically Arianne. There is a gender switch of heir to Dorne, because it will be Dany and not Aegon who will invade Westeros in the season 6.

Exactly so. Do people seriously want Trystane to be a hiding Targaryen/Blackfyre, who Doran raised as his own? Trystane might take some bits from Aegon and Arianne.

We do spend a lot of time thinking about Blackfyres, and this is why I have a hard time accepting/buying that (f)Aegon isn’t an important part of the story of the last two books, and therefore can’t be so easily jettisoned by the TV adaptation. I mean, clearly its been decided the Dornish/Martell story is crucial to what the TV show is doing, and it of course feels crucial to what GRRM is doing in the novels. But the show has to condense and simplify where it can. I agree with everyone here that it only makes sense for Trystane and Ellaria to be filling in for a lot of the duties of Arianne/Quentyn. I also want to believe there is truth to the speculation that Trystane is going to be our show’s (f)Aegon, simplifying those competing marriage then conquest plans down by cutting out half the characters. I do think differently than many on this board about how these things might be reveled/played or should be at least. I think it would make most sense if Trystane found out from Doran his “true” identity off-screen, earlier than the audience and the “Fire and Blood” moment (maybe episode 7 or 6). This would then lead him to push away Myrcella for reasons yet unclear. Then he could leave Sunspear for Essos with Aero as his JonCon (to marry Danny, but the audience won’t know yet) (episode 7, 8, or 9). Then Doran lets Jaime take Myrcella back and gives Ellaria and the Sand Snakes the talk he gives Arriane, in maybe even in more detai (episode 9 or 10)l. Then we get to see Aero present Trystane as Aegon (silver hair now?!) to the Golden Company, where Aegon gives a speech declaring he has decided against going to Meeren, and instead intends on heading straight for Westerns to invade (episode 10). Then we can properly feature the ADWD epilogue, Varys having left Tyrion some episodes ago (episode 4, 5 or 6), makes his return to KL and kills Kevan, revealing he is not team Danny at all, but team Aegon, team Blackfyre. Hopefully, if this is at all resembles what the show is doing, we’ll get some proper Blackfyre history mentioned on the show to foreshadow. Season 6 can cover the Storm’s Landing battle, or go straight to Aegon making for KL.

We do spend a lot of time thinking about Blackfyres, and this is why I have a hard time accepting/buying that (f)Aegon isn’t an important part of the story of the last two books, and therefore can’t be so easily jettisoned by the TV adaptation. I mean, clearly its been decided the Dornish/Martell story is crucial to what the TV show is doing, and it of course feels crucial to what GRRM is doing in the novels. But the show has to condense and simplify where it can. I agree with everyone here that it only makes sense for Trystane and Ellaria to be filling in for a lot of the duties of Arianne/Quentyn. I also want to believe there is truth to the speculation that Trystane is going to be our show’s (f)Aegon, simplifying those competing marriage then conquest plans down by cutting out half the characters. I do think differently than many on this board about how these things might be reveled/played or should be at least. I think it would make most sense if Trystane found out from Doran his “true” identity off-screen, earlier than the audience and the “Fire and Blood” moment (maybe episode 7 or 6). This would then lead him to push away Myrcella for reasons yet unclear. Then he could leave Sunspear for Essos with Aero as his JonCon (to marry Danny, but the audience won’t know yet) (episode 7, 8, or 9). Then Doran lets Jaime take Myrcella back and gives Ellaria and the Sand Snakes the talk he gives Arriane, in maybe even in more detai (episode 9 or 10)l. Then we get to see Aero present Trystane as Aegon (silver hair now?!) to the Golden Company, where Aegon gives a speech declaring he has decided against going to Meeren, and instead intends on heading straight for Westerns to invade (episode 10). Then we can properly feature the ADWD epilogue, Varys having left Tyrion some episodes ago (episode 4, 5 or 6), makes his return to KL and kills Kevan, revealing he is not team Danny at all, but team Aegon, team Blackfyre. Hopefully, if this is at all resembles what the show is doing, we’ll get some proper Blackfyre history mentioned on the show to foreshadow. Season 6 can cover the Storm’s Landing battle, or go straight to Aegon making for KL.

Why would "FAegon/Trystane" invade the Stormlands if he has Martells as his allies. Shouldn't they just attack from the south with full strength? And about the Blackfyres, apart from the Histories & Lore has there been any mention about Blackfyres in the show? Unsullied will be massively confused if Trystane has a secret identity.

It would be better if the Blackfyres would be cut and Trystane would be Trystane and they would ally themselves with Dany.

I certainly believe that Trystane will take on some part of Quentyn/(f)Aegon's role. I definitely believe that endgame is a big plot to wed Trystane to Dany and that Myrcella is just a pawn to help keep the Lannisters at bay. Trystane may fall in love with Myrcella and then be conflicted about continuing with his father's plan.

One thing I've noticed in rewatching S4E3 is Oberyn, at least, doesn't seem to be aware of Dany until Tywin tells him.

Trystane would have no right for the Iron Throne unless he is Aegon.

If they just want to take over the Iron Throne and start a battle for it, why now and not earlier? It would just not make sense if Doran plans for his true son to all of a sudden take Kings Landing. Why?

However, if he is Aegon, it will make sense. He wants to take back the Iron Throne cause it was stolen from him, he has grown older, and now with Myrcella he has some sort of way to get the Iron Throne through the female primogeniture or something or other.

Trystane would have no right for the Iron Throne unless he is Aegon.

If they just want to take over the Iron Throne and start a battle for it, why now and not earlier? It would just not make sense if Doran plans for his true son to all of a sudden take Kings Landing. Why?

However, if he is Aegon, it will make sense. He wants to take back the Iron Throne cause it was stolen from him, he has grown older, and now with Myrcella he has some sort of way to get the Iron Throne through the female primogeniture or something or other.

(Book) Doran wouldn't attack the Iron Throne/the Lannisters, because he knows that Dorne alone isn't strong enough. There has to be some link to Daenerys and her dragons.

One thing I've noticed in rewatching S4E3 is Oberyn, at least, doesn't seem to be aware of Dany until Tywin tells him.

that could be an act.

Why would "FAegon/Trystane" invade the Stormlands if he has Martells as his allies. Shouldn't they just attack from the south with full strength? And about the Blackfyres, apart from the Histories & Lore has there been any mention about Blackfyres in the show? Unsullied will be massively confused if Trystane has a secret identity.

It would be better if the Blackfyres would be cut and Trystane would be Trystane and they would ally themselves with Dany.

I think that maybe the blackfyre stuff in the lore and etc... is a setup that someone(maybe jon or someone) gets called a blackfyre. i don't feel like aegon is in the tv show at all.

The Blackfyre angle is tedious enough in the books, the show won't bother with it at all. Even GRRM had to add info in seperate books to get us hardcore fans interested, half of the ASOIAF readers don't bother reading D&E tales and other books which estabilish the Blackfyres.

fAegon doesn't have to be a Blackfyre, I've said this before but there are a dozen ways to play around it without the huge backstory and extra characters needed. The simplest way would be: fAegon is Illyrios son by Varys' sister who is being passed as Aegon Targaryen and has been trained all his life to rule. He has his Valyrian features from his mother. Tyrion would meet this boy in Pentos and advice him to invade Westeros after he finds out he's fAegon to mess up their marriage plans with Dany. fAegon will have Dorne in his side after Dany marries Hizdahr (and Doran's marriage proposal fails) and 10000 sellswords of the Golden Company, he will use them and his name to gain alliances in Westeros, do his TWoW stuff. Dany then has a worthy fight for the IT instead of a walk in the park with Unsullied, The Second Sons, The Golden Company, a Khalasar, Varys, Illyrio, Tyrion, possibly a great knight in Barristan, elephants, 94 ships, Dorne AND 3 dragons ALL on her side against a broken Lannister/Tyrell alliance thanks to Cersei whose forces will have been weakened further by Euron/Littlefinger/Stannis by the time Dany invades.

It's bad writing if it turns out that way imo, almost too easy for Dany.

Well what I suggested was, like in the books, (f)Aegon/Trystane is sent to go wed Danny in Meeren. I'm saying after he picks up his Golden Company (which I think could be a thing because why just rely on the Dornish Army if you can also have legions of sellswords pledged to you), or not but just on the way to Meeren, he instead decides to change course and attack Westeros, which is why I also said he may just skip Storm's End, and head straight for Blackwater Bay.

Also, I believe even book (f)Aegon really doesn't have an interest in Dany other than to maybe take her dragons as his own. His role in the story is to be a separate rival faction to Dany. I think the show would follow that, if it's as essential to the end game as I believe it to be. Targaryen versus Blackfyre, real versus fake.

Also, the show has never been rich like the books with set-up and foreshadowing. I would not put it past them to have two or three off-handed mentions or history lessons/sexpostions about the Blackfyre Rebellions, and then that's it. Also, lets not forget that book (f)Aegon has not at all been revealed to be fake or a Blackfyre.

I don't think unsullied will find the secret identity confusing, since the dead children of Elia got much mention last season.

I don't think unsullied will find the secret identity confusing, since the dead children of Elia got much mention last season.

there is a writer for grantland that reviews game of thrones it is still his job to watch and review game of thrones. he was convinced the the show just said the bran was going south to king's landing when he touch the weirwood tree and he was shocked to find out that pyp and grenn were not new characters as he had thought but that they had been around since the first season with the same actors.

someone is alway going to be confused.

as for the rest i honestly think the whole book and tv show really pushes the whole thing the it does matter if someone is ____ it's what people are willing or forced to go along with. so i think the whole blackfyre vs targ thing will be revealed as all the game of thrones to be a wasteful and pointless distraction to the world real problems.

there is a writer for grantland that reviews game of thrones it is still his job to watch and review game of thrones. he was convinced the the show just said the bran was going south to king's landing when he touch the weirwood tree and he was shocked to find out that pyp and grenn were not new characters as he had thought but that they had been around since the first season with the same actors.

someone is alway going to be confused.

as for the rest i honestly think the whole book and tv show really pushes the whole thing the it does matter if someone is ____ it's what people are willing or forced to go along with. so i think the whole blackfyre vs targ thing will be revealed as all the game of thrones to be a wasteful and pointless distraction to the world real problems.

I believe you are referring to Andy Greenwald, who's stuff I regularly read. I remember those mentioned confusions, but I actually think he get's many things right. In any case, it's been well known that your typical Unsullied has 70% or more of the details wash right over their heads. That's really never seemed to stop the show from trafficking in those details. My point is that 1) Elia's dead children have been mentioned enough in the show, that for the people that have picked up on those details, (f)Aegon won't be an impenetrable concept. 2) If (f)Aegon is what D&D feel they need to tell their adaptation, than the potential for fan confusion or misunderstanding is hardly gonna stop them from including it. That said, I'm sure they will do all they can to make it clear and approachable in the show, to the degree that is doable.

My guess as of Now, Trystane will be taking lots of Arianne and fAegon plot points. I think Hizdar will get burnt like Quentwyn. I think Marcella dies and this will trigger Trystane to start attacking Westeros. I think He will eventually fall in love with Sansa. They are dating in real life and I think she will leave Harry the Heir and Littlefinger for Aegon in the books. Drops mic

Archived