Vikings season 3

cdawnb

Finally getting a chance to watch last nights episode! Notes as I go

--The Wanderer intrigues me. What songs might he sing. Something tells me that he isn't just some poor soul

--Floki is going to be stuck in the old ways until the old ways die. But he's not 100% wrong. The victory of Christianity did mean the end of their way. I respect what Ragnar wants, though. It's a King's consideration instead of a raiders.

--Ooooh new plow. And fertilizer! Innovation!

--Hmm. "Plowing" conversation between Lagertha and Ecbert. *cough* not agriculture plowing *cough*

--One armed Viking does not look well....at all. But damn. He can still hold his shield and stop arrows. But he died in battle. Good for him. Also....surprise Viking attack is a surprise!

--The music of this battle is incredible

--Sparing the Prince isn't the smartest move Ragnar....you keep making bad decisions based on romance. (also, funny side note, but I swear that I type Rhaegar every time before catching myself to write Ragnar)

--Siggy does not have time for the Stranger's stories....(I keep having to remind myself that this is Kevin Durand...) Interesting story, I guess. "No one can withstand old age, in the end." *looks directly at Siggy* Burn?

--"I was Thor." Kay

--Paris AKA: pay attention audience!

--This is a fun 4-people bath....poor Athelstan. (I think I say that every week)

--"How many more of us must die for your Christians?" Floki is one of my favorites and I love this speech but he really does need a Snickers as someone said upthread. I also love Ragnar's response about being fated to die (and shut your face!)

--Bjorn knew she was carrying his child??? EEk. Hit him Ragnar!

--HEADBUTT. (I love Ragnar)

--A Christian King staying for a sacrifice to a pagan god? Yes, that will end well for him. I can sense the dissent from the Sour Puss Face following the King around.

--This ritual to Freya is gorgeously shot. However, I am now very worried for Lagertha with her being covered in that super red blood like this. Yes, part of the ritual but there is a heavy foreshadowy feel to it as well.

--The gods have forsaken the Seer? Well that's not good.

poor Athelstan. (I think I say that every week)

Yeah, something like that ! ^^

But something tells me he's finally going to have some nice time next week ! ^^

Finally getting a chance to watch last nights episode! Notes as I go

--The Wanderer intrigues me. What songs might he sing. Something tells me that he isn't just some poor soul

--Floki is going to be stuck in the old ways until the old ways die. But he's not 100% wrong. The victory of Christianity did mean the end of their way. I respect what Ragnar wants, though. It's a King's consideration instead of a raiders.

--Ooooh new plow. And fertilizer! Innovation!

--Hmm. "Plowing" conversation between Lagertha and Ecbert. *cough* not agriculture plowing *cough*

--One armed Viking does not look well....at all. But damn. He can still hold his shield and stop arrows. But he died in battle. Good for him. Also....surprise Viking attack is a surprise!

--The music of this battle is incredible

--Sparing the Prince isn't the smartest move Ragnar....you keep making bad decisions based on romance. (also, funny side note, but I swear that I type Rhaegar every time before catching myself to write Ragnar)

--Siggy does not have time for the Stranger's stories....(I keep having to remind myself that this is Kevin Durand...) Interesting story, I guess. "No one can withstand old age, in the end." *looks directly at Siggy* Burn?

--"I was Thor." Kay

--Paris AKA: pay attention audience!

--This is a fun 4-people bath....poor Athelstan. (I think I say that every week)

--"How many more of us must die for your Christians?" Floki is one of my favorites and I love this speech but he really does need a Snickers as someone said upthread. I also love Ragnar's response about being fated to die (and shut your face!)

--Bjorn knew she was carrying his child??? EEk. Hit him Ragnar!

--HEADBUTT. (I love Ragnar)

--A Christian King staying for a sacrifice to a pagan god? Yes, that will end well for him. I can sense the dissent from the Sour Puss Face following the King around.

--This ritual to Freya is gorgeously shot. However, I am now very worried for Lagertha with her being covered in that super red blood like this. Yes, part of the ritual but there is a heavy foreshadowy feel to it as well.

--The gods have forsaken the Seer? Well that's not good.

Actually, sparing him is quiet smart, his men won't flock to a new claimant, and easier for Ecbert to force a submission.

Actually, sparing him is quiet smart, his men won't flock to a new claimant, and easier for Ecbert to force a submission.

But is that why Ragnar does it? Or does he do it cause Princess K asks him to?

But is that why Ragnar does it? Or does he do it cause Princess K asks him to?

probably both, he doesn't really need to kill him, he is a farmer, lord then king, he thinks beyond blood and fury.

I'm interested to see how Thoruun's face turns out.

Same

probably both, he doesn't really need to kill him, he is a farmer, lord then king, he thinks beyond blood and fury.

Yes I agree, and it shows with the way Ragnar answered Floki's complaints about Christianity and what they are fighting for.

When I first watched the scene, I had the feeling there would be some sort of conflict with Bjorn losing interest. But he does not seem like that kind of a person.

Thsts what I thought too, but I don't wonder if it won't affect her and she perhaps drive him away?

I'm interested to see how Thoruun's face turns out.

And I hope Bjorn will not turn her down because of it... but he doesnt strike me as the guy who'd toss away his girlfriend for a scar, no matter how bad it is... I still think he's gonna be angry at her for quite a few days when she (if she, but come on, I dont think she'll die !) wakes up.

EDIT : Aerion beat me to exactly what I said ! ^^

Both kings are probably a little too infatuated with Athelstan for their own good

Tbh, I think it's a good thing... Athelstan is the most perfect bridge to the other culture for both Ragnar and Ecbert... I think it's for Athelstan's own good that there may be some rivalry problem between the two Kings... but so far they get along very well !

And I hope Bjorn will not turn her down because of it... but he doesnt strike me as the guy who'd toss away his girlfriend for a scar, no matter how bad it is... I still think he's gonna be angry at her for quite a few days when she (if she, but come on, I dont think she'll die !) wakes up.

EDIT : Aerion beat me to exactly what I said ! ^^

Twins hahahah

Seriously though, now that I think about it, how this whole incident will play out in their relationship could be pretty interesting. Will he get angry with her for being reckless? While she grow angry with him for being protective? Will she die, and their child along with her? Jeez, I never thought I'd ever give a single thought to Thoruun until now lol.

The battle scene was fun, but I wonder why the Vikings don't use the shield wall anymore. The Mercians continue their terrible military strategy clinic by setting up camp surrounded on three sides by steep ridges and not fortifying those ridges.

Or having any sentries. The Vikings sneaking up on them is one thing, but to have Aethelwulf and his Saxons surprise them by gaining a ridge above their camp is just embarrassing.

Archived