February is the hardest month

Fragile Bird

In my opinion.

A lot of people talk about the January blues, but to me February has always been the hardest month to get through. Even though the days are noticeably longer now, it's still cold and snowy, and I'm sick of wearing heavy boots and being wrapped up like the Michelin man. March can be bad as well, but usually the weather finally starts to warm up, and the days have become much longer.

What month do you dislike the most? For those of you in the antipodes, do you have a similar dislike of August?

In my opinion.

A lot of people talk about the January blues, but to me February has always been the hardest month to get through. Even though the days are noticeably longer now, it's still cold and snowy, and I'm sick of wearing heavy boots and being wrapped up like the Michelin man. March can be bad as well, but usually the weather finally starts to warm up, and the days have become much longer.

What month do you dislike the most? For those of you in the antipodes, do you have a similar dislike of August?

I'm in the norther hemisphere, but I dislike August just the same.

I'm fine with the cold, the heat is what gets me.

No. February is a hole. No significant sports post Superb Owl until pitchers and catchers report. The NBA a little, but that depends on if your team is worth watching. College basketball is there, but isn't really significant until the March tournament.

That. And cold and snow.

No. February is a hole. No significant sports post Superb Owl until pitchers and catchers report. The NBA a little, but that depends on if your team is worth watching. College basketball is there, but isn't really significant until the March tournament.

That. And cold and snow.

July is a much worse sports hole. In February, at least you have options: NBA, college hoops, NHL, Euro soccer. In the dogs days of July you have... MLB. That's it. That's the list. And if your team is out of it, you are SOL. Also, it's unbearably hot. Same goes for much of August too, but at least you get college football at the end of it.

I'm not in the antipodes but the month I absolutely hate and find the hardest to get through is August. Cold and snow and darkness I can deal with easily and I don't really get tired of it. I hate hate HATE heat and humidity. And gosh the bright sunlight, it hurts my eyes.

I live in Sydney in Australia in the antipodes, and we have really mild winters so cold is not an issue. August annoys me when it warms up to quickly and we get 27-28 degree Celsius (that's about 81-83 Fahrenheit). Warm weather is for late spring and early summer, not winter IMO.

Weather wise I really do hate February here, February is when it is most humid and muggy, like last week and today and the coming week as well :bang: Plus February tends to be the end of the cricket season, so another reason to dislike the month, not this February though at least :D

I'm not in the antipodes but the month I absolutely hate and find the hardest to get through is August. Cold and snow and darkness I can deal with easily and I don't really get tired of it. I hate hate HATE heat and humidity. And gosh the bright sunlight, it hurts my eyes.

I'm with you - heat and humidity are horrible to me.

I'd go with March. February is at least a short month, and it's usually miserable throughout. March will tease you with days of 70F only to be followed by a week long blizzard.

Bingo! Plus, March = Mud. All the snow melts and you get mud. Frozen mud. Muddy mud. Squelchy ground and flooded basements. If I could skip early spring, I would.

February is the month when my dad died, and the month when we found out my mother had cancer. Plus it's when winter peaks and the snowbanks are built up so that they block your view of oncoming traffic, and half of the right lane is claimed by snowpiles so traffic is extra shitty in the city, and the sky has been grey for a week, except that one day when it was sunshiney but the temperature was in the single digits Farenheit.

In short, fuck February.

As Lewis Black said (quoting from rough memory): "How do we know February is the worst month? Because we took two days from it, and it's still the longest fucking month!"

February sucks usually, but this year we've gotten a few hours of sun, on days I had off, and not much snow and ice so I'll get through it. It's not pitch black when I go to and leave work anymore so that's good. Today though it's almost dark as night already because of heavy clouds and it's just 5.30 PM.

In general February and November are the worst months imo. December is close to because of work, but there is still Christmas to entertain us.

February has the worst spelling of any month with that 'R' after the 'B'.

I usually give up drinking for a month each year, and usually pick Feb because it's the shortest month. Not doing that this year. I do enjoy winter activities like skiing, snowshoeing, hiking and camping but this Feb just plain sucks. I tried to work this week because I'm getting behind, but didn't feel like chiseling stone into workable pieces for a dry stack stone wall when it's 7 degrees outside.

And I hate looking at all the Valentine's day stuff everywhere.

Yeah Feb can eat my shorts.

I hate February for reasons already mentioned, I also work in the Mental Health field and I find that people on my caseload just start to lose it around this time for whatever reason. Also, my job the work load cycles month to month, so having less days in the month means a tighter crunch in getting things done.

I don't care for March at all. Warm days show up to tease you with hope before 4 feet of snow decides to slap you in the face and strip you of your belief in justice. I also don't tend to get along with Pisces. My youngest sister, my niece, the nieces's mom and dad, the mom's sister and two uncles are all Pisces. On the plus side, my granddaddy was a Pisces and the FSM knows I miss him like crazy.

Traditionally, I too have always hated February the most.

But now I live in a warmer climate and so far this February the temperature has been in the 70's more often than not. Feb is slowly redeeming itself. I guess at this point I am more worried about what August will bring, even though I'm more of a summer person than a winter one.

If my monkey's bday wasn't in February, it would definitely be this month. March has my fathers bday and college hoops, April my brothers bday...I'm gonna vote January. Let down from Christmas and New Years...bills...

December and February are the months I find the hardest.

December because the days are so short and the weather in Scotland only seems to have two settings it's either bloody cold or non stop rain.

February because while the days are a bit longer than they were, we've still got a long way to go until the decent weather kicks in, its a short month so there's less time to get everything done on schedule and Valentine's Days. Every year I have to put up with remarks along the lines of 'another year older, still no husband', 'still single I see' and 'you're always going to be a spinster, aren't you?'. So, on the whole, I hate February.

Archived