Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 10 [Spoilers]

Arkash

I am fairly certain Stannis says his only line in the trailer to the Davos in the tent.

Ya ha it's definitely Davos. Can spot the back of his hair from miles away.

I really dislike when people see anything that's different from the books and pass it off as being bad solely on the merit that it is not like the books. I believe that we should wait to pass judgment on Sansa going to Winterfell and Jaime going to Dorne on their own merits (i.e., does it make sense in the context of the show, do they help advance the story, etc.).

It's not the it's different from the books, it's just that we've had so many D&D variations from the books that either don't make sense, or are just badly written.

A few examples from last season:

Lets have Yara make a ''badass'' quote about saving her brother. Then a year and 6 episodes later lets have her rescue her Brother. Yara then 3min later runs away because ''who let the dogs out''.

Now obviously the Boltons flay their enemies, she knew they were doing this to Theon when she received his dick in box.

An intelligent person would realize Theon would be fucked up by this, hence she should have taken him without restraint.

--------------------

Lets have Arya and the Hound go to The Eyrie, and inform the guards that she is the actual Arya Stark.

This is poor writing at it's finest. It doesn't matter who you are. If you let the presumed dead daughter of Ned Stark go without any involvement, you are an idiot. Especially since this The Vale we are talking about. This is the House that fought beside Ned and Robbert in the War. When the guard was informed of this matter, he should of reported to someone in a higher position immediately.

---------------------

Lets have Brienne and Pod coincidentally come across Hot Pie and tell them Arya is alive. Then a few episodes later lets have them come across Arya and the Hound ''coincidentally''

I mean there would be hundreds of people looking for the Hound alone. Such forced and shitty writing.

-------------------

Lets have Davos coincidentally remember about the Bank of Bravos in the process of learning how to read(when it's obvious this is the first thing that should come to mind when thinking of getting gold).

Season 4 was a mess,ugh.

I didn't look carefully on the background of these scenes until just a second ago.

The head turn definitely looks like the HoBaW and the the coin clip appears to take place in the same general setting and that room could just be a plain bedroom w/o much frills. I'm guessing D&D will post-pone Arya's initial costume change right up until the scene where she must get rid of her possessions, though she could change before that as she gets a tour around the joint by the Kindly Jaqen. At the very least, she'll get a room to stay in before she's asked to change if that room is in fact inside the House of Black and White.

"When he first shows his face to Arya it is a yellow skull with scraps of skin hanging from it and a white worm coming out of an eye hole. After Arya kisses him and bites the worm, his face changes to that of the kindliest old man she ever saw."

I hope they haven't changed this.

"When he first shows his face to Arya it is a yellow skull with scraps of skin hanging from it and a white worm coming out of an eye hole. After Arya kisses him and bites the worm, his face changes to that of the kindliest old man she ever saw."

I hope they haven't changed this.

Been reading the books have you Jack?

Ya ha it's definitely Davos. Can spot the back of his hair from miles away.

It's not the it's different from the books, it's just that we've had so many D&D variations from the books that either don't make sense, or are just badly written.

A few examples from last season:

Lets have Yara make a ''badass'' quote about saving her brother. Then a year and 6 episodes later lets have her rescue her Brother. Yara then 3min later runs away because ''who let the dogs out''.

Now obviously the Boltons flay their enemies, she knew they were doing this to Theon when she received his dick in box.

An intelligent person would realize Theon would be fucked up by this, hence she should have taken him without restraint.

--------------------

Lets have Arya and the Hound go to The Eyrie, and inform the guards that she is the actual Arya Stark.

This is poor writing at it's finest. It doesn't matter who you are. If you let the presumed dead daughter of Ned Stark go without any involvement, you are an idiot. Especially since this The Vale we are talking about. This is the House that fought beside Ned and Robbert in the War. When the guard was informed of this matter, he should of reported to someone in a higher position immediately.

---------------------

Lets have Brienne and Pod coincidentally come across Hot Pie and tell them Arya is alive. Then a few episodes later lets have them come across Arya and the Hound ''coincidentally''

I mean there would be hundreds of people looking for the Hound alone. Such forced and shitty writing.

-------------------

Lets have Davos coincidentally remember about the Bank of Bravos in the process of learning how to read(when it's obvious this is the first thing that should come to mind when thinking of getting gold).

Season 4 was a mess,ugh.

here is a video that perfectly sums all this up lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfWJneuuIms

Well, if the rumor ist true about Tommen dying this season, there is the story problem of the Tyrells having no king/Alliance partner anymore except Marg is or at least claims she's preggers (I think Tommen and Marg will consumate on the show, with fade to black though, thanks HBO) or indeed a Myrcella/Loras transfer is plotted (the Trystane/Myrcella "love story" will end tragically no doubt) or, they pull thom (F)Aegon figure out of their ass I e. Make their own king up. Otherwise I'm still utterly puzzled what D&D do/want to do with the Tyrell storyline as nothing much makes sense because of the many cuts and changes. Well, another obvious solution is to kill off every single one of them of course. :dunno:

Otherwise I'm still utterly puzzled what D&D do/want to do with the Tyrell storyline as nothing much makes sense because of the many cuts and changes. Well, another obvious solution is to kill off every single one of them of course. :dunno:

Well , in the books, I am bumfuzzled as to what George wants to do with the Tyrell story line.

I can see the story moving away from KL to the North and to Essos and maybe Dorne.

It's starting to look as if KL ignores events in the North too much longer the Iron Throne risks becoming irrelevant.

I still can't see Dorne's relevance is they don't join the conflict in the North.

I'm kind of sad that it seems Drogon will be taking the role of The Old Man of the River in the show :-/

Old Man of the River was seriously one of my favorite moments from ADwD (aside from Theon chapters). It was legitimately uplifting and i really enjoyed tyrion with the griffs.

edit: i had meant to post that days ago heh, still had the tab open n hit reply idk why :o

Archived