(Spoiler) Theory on death in coming season

Daendrew

am I the only person who thinks it might be Jaime?

When I first saw trailer I thought "Oh shit, I think they may actually kill Jamie off in the show!"

But a lot of out-of-show evidence points otherwise.

If they do, I will be sitting here on this forum waiting for the shit storm surely to come. <:

The idea presented in this thread about it being Myrcella made sense at first, but she would then somehow have to die in one of the first few episodes for there to be time for Jamie to travel to Dorne and do stuff this season. Unless they have the Sand Snakes kill her as vengeance for Oberyn I don't see how that can go down at all. And also, the tv-audience has forgotten Myrcella by now, I doubt that she is the maind eath this season just because there is little shock value for those who haven't read the books.

My money is still on Bronn, seeing how his story in the books is most likely over. More detailed explanation: https://promethiumwings.wordpress.com/2015/02/02/further-thoughts-about-the-coming-game-of-thrones-season/

I have heard it said by several actors that not only will there be surprise deaths of people not dead in the books but that book readers will be angry. So whose surprise death will anger book readers? This thread has identified one person whose death I think would anger book readers, Myrcella, but I can think of an even bigger one, Cersei ! Think about it. Where would her story line go after the last book? I think her days are numbered in WoW so why not kill her off in Season 5. She would be a big enough death that would surely surprise and anger book readers and could possibly not have a detrimental effect on the arc of the overall story...whatever that may turn out to be. Does anyone else think this is a possibility? :dunno:

When I first saw trailer I thought "Oh shit, I think they may actually kill Jamie off in the show!"

But a lot of out-of-show evidence points otherwise.

If they do, I will be sitting here on this forum waiting for the shit storm surely to come. <:

i will be waiting right next to you haha and what out-of-show evidence? do you mean books? sorry im not experienced on these forums

Or it's a Grenn. Or a Pyp. Or that one Dothraki dude who GRRM is angry they killed. This sounds to me like another of George's desperate pleas as we come closer to the show ending his series for him. Like the "They'll definitely do movies to end it!" or "There's totally gonna be like 20 seasons so I can finish first!". At this point, I'm ignoring anything GRRM says about the show. It's clear he's in denial/delusional, if we stop giving him attention he'll work it out on his own eventually.

Or it's a Grenn. Or a Pyp. Or that one Dothraki dude who GRRM is angry they killed. This sounds to me like another of George's desperate pleas as we come closer to the show ending his series for him. Like the "They'll definitely do movies to end it!" or "There's totally gonna be like 20 seasons so I can finish first!". At this point, I'm ignoring anything GRRM says about the show. It's clear he's in denial/delusional, if we stop giving him attention he'll work it out on his own eventually.

Yeah most likely a Bronn or a Sweetrobin, nothing more.

Everyone thinks Sweetrobin will die, I bet he will be the last one standing.

Then who'll clean up after he throws his chamber pot?

I love the idea of Myrcella dying. Let's get this show on the road! Crowns and shrouds of gold, people!

Well it's not Job, Danny or Arya, as they have recently extended their contracts - late last year I think for another 2 seasons. Even though kit has cut his hair - slightly shorter - I don't think this matters.

The death of Cersie would not annoy fans, they would form a global day of rejoice and hold hands giving thanks to the Lord God that is GRRM.

Therefore I would imagine it's a character such as Jaime or Brienne. If it's Bronn I think more show watchers would be disappointed than avid book readers.

However the fact that Lena is pregnant gives cause for thought. I just think Cersies fate is probably integrally tied to the conclusion of the story.

Edit. My apologies, got an error and mistakingly posted this too many times

Well it's not Job, Danny or Arya, as they have recently extended their contracts - late last year I think for another 2 seasons. Even though kit has cut his hair - slightly shorter - I don't think this matters.

The death of Cersie would not annoy fans, they would form a global day of rejoice and hold hands giving thanks to the Lord God that is GRRM.

Therefore I would imagine it's a character such as Jaime or Brienne. If it's Bronn I think more show watchers would be disappointed than avid book readers.

However the fact that Lena is pregnant gives cause for thought. I just think Cersies fate is probably integrally tied to the conclusion of the story.

However the fact that Lena is pregnant gives cause for thought. I just think Cersies fate is probably integrally tied to the conclusion of the story. And therefore she won't die this early.

However the fact that Lena is pregnant gives cause for thought. I just think Cersies fate is probably integrally tied to the conclusion of the story. And therefore she won't die this early.

The extended contract doesn't matter. They all have contracts up to season 7. Otherwise it'd give away who would still be alive by then which is against the show's best interests. It'd be like if Georgy released a list of everyone who wouldn't be in the final 9th book.

Archived