Your thoughts on Book One Sansa?

Cavendish

So I just read her final chapter, "A lady always remembers her courtesies". Anyways I'd like to say although she was a bit annoying, I only found her blatantly disappointing me badely when she was being bitter towards Arya. The Trident scene she handled well imo, and her running to Cersei I'll excuse because children to do that.

I also have to say maybe it's just me, but Sansa gave off a really big stench of she didn't know what the hell was going on around her up until Ned's death. Like not just unaware, but kind of delusional. Even when the killings of her house started, she seemed "above" everything, not concerned about what was going on beneath her, only that she wanted to talk to Cersei and stay. I don't know what to say about that. Like even Jeyne Poole knew what was going on.

Her final chapter though was great. She toughened up really quick, and I'm interested on how her journey will go in the future books. What should I be looking forward to for Book 2 Sansa? I know her journey is more in her head, more personality and awareness.

I'm envious of you that you still get to go on this adventure, with the books unread. I've read them all several times, and have even listened to them a few times on audio book format.

You have a lot to look forward when it comes to character development. Ned's death was the catalyst (one of them, anyway), and things are only just getting started. Some people absolutely adore Sansa, while some despise her. This, to me, means she must be an interesting character. So I think you'll have your hands full as you continue to read, and as you continue this discussion on her character.

But let me just say, a few other characters start to get very interesting in book 2 and 3 as well. Enjoy it!

• 2 weeks later...

Although Sansa bored/ annoyed me for most of a GOT, there was enough foreshadowing going on that soon she would face conflicts and new dynamics that would quickly thrust her out of her pretty-princess comfort zone and give her real growth. She's still not my favorite character, but I do believe she's grown the most of any.

• 4 weeks later...

Sansa in the first book was super annoying to me. she doesn't get much better in the 2nd book imo, but thankfully she doesn't have that many chapters in it. i am close to starting the 3rd book so hopefully her chapters will start picking up a bit.

as far as her attitude up til Ned died, i think she was just young, naive, spoiled and infatuated with the thought of becoming Joffrey's wife and eventually queen. but yeah, i get what u mean by delusional cuz she was definitely in her own little world. how she treated Arya almost made me want to just skip her chapters cuz it would actually start to kinda tick me off. i get that brothers and sisters argue and what not, but i am i very close to my siblings so i just couldn't relate to her at all.

MimTheMad il agree with you on how Sansa is in this book. Haven't gotten to Neds death, which I know is coming and saddens me greatly. But at the point in the book i'm at she is as you said, young, naive and loving the fact of being jofferys bride.

For this I think she is an irritating read, but, I have hope for her development as the books go on!

Doesn't help I've been watching the TV series which makes me believe she will change instead of leaving it and reading to find out haha.

At first, Sansa infuriated me a lot. Her naivety was borderline annoying. But as the series progressed, I grew to like her. Now when I read the first book again, I sympathize with her more since I understand her character better.

Archived