Adventure movie recommendations.

Darzin

So I’m looking for recommendations for a good old fashioned adventure movie. Where our intrepid heroes travel to distant exotic lands deserts, jungles the tundra , have crazy adventures , meet beautiful native girls ect. Something like the Man who would be king, Joe vs. the Volcano, the old Dr. Doolittle, or the Four Feathers. Any ideas?

King Solomon's Mines

The fantastic 1980's movie with Richard Chamberlain and Sharon Stone! It's like Indiana Jones only better!

Romancing The Stone

Only if Danny DeVito qualifies as a 'beautiful native girl.'

The Three Amigos

Turn of the century Mexico qualifies as a distant, exotic land, right?

Red Sonja

You've seen Conan: The Barbarian right? Well, Red Sonja features three times the annoying sidekicks and an even more stoic lead for whom basic English diction is more of struggle than slaying giant, stop-motion snakes.

Indiana Jones?

Yeah, this right here. But I'm assuming you don't live under a rock, and so have already seen the three Indiana Jones movies, so I will recommend the Tom Selleck vehicle High Road to China.

I'll second Romancing The Stone. If you're happy watching subtitled foreign movies I very highly recommend Werner Herzog's two classics Aguirre, Wrath of God and Fitzcarraldo.

Also Valhalla Rising with Mads Mikkelsen by Nicolas Winding Refn, which I think is extremely undervalued.

The Emerald Forest? The Princess Bride? Disney's 1994 live action version of The Jungle Book (with Lena Headey)?

Archived