Robb's intentions with Catelyn

Red Rahloo Connington

With enough dreamwine, Jon would look like the Young Ned. Just saying :hat:

ETA: and he has a Lord's kiss.

ETA 2: By all accounts, Old Ned was dull in the bed.

Get her drunk on dreamwine, get him high on milk of the poppy and they can re-create Lysa's rape scene!

I think that a marriage to Jason Mallister is very much implied. Now, I don't think he would force her, but there would be some (genteel) pressure, to be sure... Anyway, she was supposed to stay at Seaguard, under what in truth is castle confinement.

Yeah I got that same vibe. He certainly chose Jason Mallister to hold Cat under house arrest for a reason.

Robb was planning on sending Catelyn to Seagard to punish her for releasing Jaime but in a nice way. I think he chose there because he knew he could trust Jason Mallister and because Seagard is far north and therefore safer than the rest of the riverlands. To be honest, I really doubt Robb was thinking about Catelyn's marriage prospects. If Catelyn had married again to forge an alliance, the suggestion would likely have come from her because she tended to be the one to think about these things.

Sorry, but the Jon and Cat theory is pure crack pot.

As to Robb having Cat marry again, I am sure he thought about it at least once because it would be a good way to make an alliance, but that would mean no one from the Riverlands or the North. The best place for an alliance via Cat marriage would be The Vale.

Does Robb even have authority to order Catelyn to marry again?

Or would that be the right of Hoster/Edmure as head of House Tully?

Yes, Robb is her liege after he comes of age.

After her marriage into Stark, Lord Tully has absolutely no authority over her. For all formal purposes she is a Stark.

Also, from the World of Ice and Fire we know that Lord Lannister arranged the marriage for his son's widow Ellyn Reyne to Lord Tarbeck.

Robb was probably doing a little match making but even if they weren't on good terms I doubt he'd ever even consider forcing her to remarry.

Edmure kinda joked about it. Cat said it wasn't possible because he wasn't a widower.

And said thankfully in her mind. :)

Also, and this is just far fetched speculation. Do any of you think it's possible that Robb wants her to marry Jon Snow? I mean she objects to Robb naming Jon his heir, stating that if he were to legitimize Jon, none of Robb's children seats will be secure. What if Robb proposed that she marry Jon and in doing so assuring that the Tully/Riverland alliance with the North survives through Catelyn even if Robb doesn't (we all know the Tullys dont like Jon). I think her argument that Jon's children being contenders for the northern throne against Robbs doesn't make sense. If it were, then the children of all of Robbs other siblings would be an equal threat and more so that she believed Sansa would bare a child for Tyrion. Maybe Robb, to ease her mind countered that argument with "What if Jon's children were also yours." and that was the trap he caught her in? I know that this is now irrelevant being that both Catelyn and Robb are dead (sort of). Just something that came to mind while reading.

Ewwww!

Incest is one thing, but this is just disgusting...

I guess sending her to Seagard was really a way to not lose another relative, because you get tired of grieving.

At the same time he needed to show some sign, because what she did required a "punishment".

He is not Stannis or Tywin, so he made sure that she was exiled but in good conditions.

.Seagard is a nice place, Lord Mallister a pleasant and loyal ally.

She could have recovered a bit, get some peace and as some others say , she might have come up with other ideas of alliances.

The Jon Snow /Catelyn Tully is quite a damaging idea. You ruined my brain, like Dolorous Edd i wish i had not seen this part of your post .Or only half of it.

Otherwise it was a pleasant post!

If Twyin planned to wed Cersei again then why Catelyn's wedding should be off the table?Cersei and Catelyn are nearly of the same age.I doubt about a betrothal to Jon but a Mallister,a Glover,a Manderly or a Frey seem possible to me.Robb waited to see how things would go with the Freys before deciding.The moment he said about Seagard he wanted both her security and her absence.

If they grew desperate I believe Catelyn would offer herself for a marriage.

What would Robb gain by marrying her to Lord Mallister? He already seems quite loyal. I think if the situation called for it he might consent to marrying her off to someone, but making her become the Lady of Seaguard seems like it would cause more trouble than its worth.

If she did have a male child where would he fit into the line of succession? I assume Sansa Lannisters kids would come before Catelyn Mallisters?

What would Robb gain by marrying her to Lord Mallister? He already seems quite loyal. I think if the situation called for it he might consent to marrying her off to someone, but making her become the Lady of Seaguard seems like it would cause more trouble than its worth.

If she did have a male child where would he fit into the line of succession? I assume Sansa Lannisters kids would come before Catelyn Mallisters?

Sometimes a marriage is not to gain a new allegiance but to strengthen an existing one. Mallister (if, indeed, he's a widower) may wish to marry her for the prestige (and because she's a beautiful woman, too) and Robb may see advantages in granting him that, provided that she consents.

Claim only goes through blood relation. Catelyn only has a claim to Riverrun, after Edmure and any trueborn children he has. She then passes this claim to her own children. She doesn't have any claim to Winterfell or to the KitN crown as her relation is through marriage, nor blood.

Archived