Blackfyre or Targaryen - who do you support?

Bluetiger

Daeron II all the way. He was not weak, he was in fact one of most competent kings that ever sat the Iron Throne.

Daemon Blackfyre, on the other hand, comes of as such a jerk. He lived the privileged life, he was not oppressed or endangered in any way, his welfare was secured... so why the hell did he have to start of war? I honestly and genuinely hate and detest petty warmongers who plunge countries into war for no good reason.

In addition, there's this whole fact how Daemon and people around him mocked books, intellectualism and mental labor of any kind.

Well said

daemon for life.

i can use my bullshit knowledge of future events to prevent to save Daemon life on the red grass field.

By telling him about baelor's charge in advance and blood raven taking the hill and raining arrows.

thus allowing daemon to win the red grass.

and allowing me to hook a sweet lord paramount position for my family and potentially hand of the king.

their is simply less to gain in siding with daeron, besides daeron's line turns into aerys so.. there's that to consider.

which leads to Robert rebellion, which allows the war of five kings.

so i'm going to go with the black dragon.

I'd say Targaryen, I don't think I've responded to this before. I think that the Blackfyres would have been just as good or bad as the Targaryens if they took the throne, for just like the line of Aegon the Dragon could produce both Aenys, Maegor, The Unworthy and Daeron, so could Blackfyre's line have produced intellectual kings down the line. In a hundred years there would have played no importance to who won the throne.

But in regards to Daeron and Daemon I'll have to say Daeron because Daeron was the legitimate king and had Bloodraven and would have been succeeded by the chivalrous, honorable and competent Baelor upon his death. For Blackfyre I don't know what his heirs would have been like, as they were killed, as well as he don't seem to have gathered the competence in his entourage that can match Daeron's outside the field of warfare.

There's no way for us to know that, but I don't really care. In fact, I agree with JCRB here: I hope that Naerys found love outside of her horribly abusive marriage, and I hope that Daeron was sired by gallant and loving knight rather than irresposible drunk rapist.

Yeah, plenty of people thought so, siding with Blackfyres instead of Daemon. And they lost. Five fucking times.

I agree whit you,but people on this forum often show double standards....

I wondering do you feel the same about Cersei,Robert and Joffrey?

The only love Cersei new was Jamie.....Are you glad that Joffrey is not Roberts's son like you're glad Daeron is not Aegon's(presumably),,,

An

I really like the Backfyres but mostly because I like their name and what they bring to the story not the actual people or their cause. Not a massive fan of Targaryens so I tend to root for their underdog albeit asshole archenemies. I know it's not good reasons but hey they're fictional. You got to admire their perseverance and cunning skills. If Aegon is a Blackfyre, that's helluva trick to pull and it would made me root for them even more.

The world book made it pretty hard to sympathise with the first rebellion. They caused a senseless war more than a decade after Aegon IV's death. Daeron II has already proven to be a very competent ruler by that time to so their rebellion so their rebellion could hardly be justified by anything else but their selfish and xenophobic propaganda. I like Daemon and he probably truly believed that Daeron was a bastard and that he, Daemon, was the chosen one and that the throne was meant for him (or was brainwashed by Bittersteel) but it's hard to feel sorry for him considering how much death and suffering his war brought upon the land and how good of a monarch Daeron was.

Daemon II seemed all right and fairly interesting but his rebellion was a bit pathetic. Maelys was a complete psycho so I am glad that Barristan dispatched him. Aenys was probably a decent lad.

Archived