We're Back!

Tellus Explorer

Incidentally, what of the few who joined in the interminable years between 2005 and 2011? What are they called?

I'm one of those people -- I joined after AFFC came out. I'd gotten into the series in 2004 (I remember -- I read Bran being pushed out the window on Election Night 2004) but it didn't occur to me until a year and a half later to look for a forum on the series.

I suggest "Crow food" for my generation.

Theda,

Yeah, anyone who joins post show is eternally "flooby". It is your generational indicator like "Baby Boomers" or "Generation X". I've been here 12 years and I'm not truely an "Old Timer" because I joined post Storm of Swords.

Even if they've never seen the show and only read the books? (like myself. although I haven't been here long enough anyway, regardless of whether I've seen the show or not.)

Even if they've never seen the show and only read the books? (like myself. although I haven't been here long enough anyway, regardless of whether I've seen the show or not.)

Ha! Ninja'd!

I wanted to say I don't consider myself a fl00b because I never saw GoT until after I joined the Board. I had read a great review about the show, and had actually turned it on once or twice, but each time I turned it on someone naked was having sex with someone else who was naked and I thought to myself, 'not my type of show'. Months later, in the fall, I picked up a copy of the book at the airport to have some back-up reading while on vacation, and by the time I got to Bran being thrown out the window, and I had said to myself, you're not in Kansas anymore, and I was hooked. :lol:

Since the fl00b was all about being drawn to the Board by the show and not the books, and I came here precisely because of the books, I may be a Johnny-come-lately, or a parvenu of some kind, but not a fl00b. :P That's my story and I'm sticking with it!

It does not matter why you joined only that you joined in the flood, thus you are a fl00b. wear the name with pride.

Pebble has the right of it. This isn't about why you joined it's about when you joined. After the show (or arguably in the run up to the show)... you're flooby.

Technically you may be correct, but in my heart I am not a fl00b. :D

It does not matter why you joined only that you joined in the flood, thus you are a fl00b. wear the name with pride.

:agree: That's what I think.

Btw. I also came after the first season was aired over here, but I also came here because of the books.

What if we joined the forum post-show, but read the books way way way before the show? I first read the books when I was twelve (to this day, my Mum does not know what she gave me. She just saw some dragons and a princess and figured it was suitable reading for her child). Am I a fl00b?

eww. fl00bs are gross.

Off-Topic Question Time: Is the lack of capitalization in your posts a conscious and purposeful opposition to capitalist pigdoggery? How subversive.

Somehow I've only just noticed their conspicuous absence. I am quite slow.

I'm one of those people -- I joined after AFFC came out. I'd gotten into the series in 2004 (I remember -- I read Bran being pushed out the window on Election Night 2004) but it didn't occur to me until a year and a half later to look for a forum on the series.

I suggest "Crow food" for my generation.

Same here.

I've been on this board in so many incarnations that it isn't funny. My current incarnation reveals me to be a floob, but I remember the old board before the migration back in 2000. Maybe I should look me up :)

Although I think anyone who's been on this incarnation since it's inception can safely be called an ''Old Timer'' though, even if you're not yet consigned to the Forum's equivalent of an Old Folks Home, you're still a bit deaf and wary of strangers ;)

I agree ... There is no way to tell if somebody joined in 2005 or if they joined the earlier version of the forum before that, it says they all joined in 2005.

I kind of think of anybody who joined before 2010 or so an old-timer. :blushing:

well I suppose the Pin making compnay and the T-shirt printing company makes some money out of it.

but I've never charged anyone for any Blame Pod badges, Enslaved badges or Hugged badges and I'm not planning too. (although you may have to earn the Hugged badge ;)

*note to self - need to rder more Pod badges, hug badges and the new 10 min walk badges.*

You charged me a hug for the Hugged by Pebble badge! :P

What are 10 min badges about? The size of EXcel?

Technically you may be correct, but in my heart I am not a fl00b. :D

Same here. Whatever anybody says, I joined because of the books (I had no idea there was a show being made when I joined, though it was a few months before it aired) and do not consider myself a floobie. :cheers:

Archived