dany crackpot theories

jeh

Dany exhibits the personality and traits of lyanna stark it,s just a gut feeling but I believe RxL=D

Firstly welcome :cheers:

I agree that Dany is probably the child of Rhaegar (or rather a child, I also believe R+L=J). But as JQC mentioned above, the timeline does not fit for R+L=D. I think that it is probably R+A=D, and Ashara is the KotLT. It would certainly make sense if you remember GRRM loves his LOTR references, and Ashara's brother is supposed to be the greatest knight in the realm at the time. Plus the KotLT is supposed to defend a crannogman (similar to Éowyn and Merry riding into battle together, a woman dressed as a man and a hobbit)

Firstly welcome :cheers:

I agree that Dany is probably the child of Rhaegar (or rather a child, I also believe R+L=J). But as JQC mentioned above, the timeline does not fit for R+L=D. I think that it is probably R+A=D, and Ashara is the KotLT. It would certainly make sense if you remember GRRM loves his LOTR references, and Ashara's brother is supposed to be the greatest knight in the realm at the time. Plus the KotLT is supposed to defend a crannogman (similar to Éowyn and Merry riding into battle together, a woman dressed as a man and a hobbit)

Why would Ashara defend Reed, when he is not one of her Bannermen? Nor, has there been any hint, what so ever; that Ashara rode, well enough to compete in tourney? Lyanna is the daughter of the Lord Paramount, who Reed IS a Bannermen for and we have been told numerous times that Lyanna rode, as if she was physically attached to a horse. Nothing you said, based on the text, makes a bit of sense. There is a reason Lyanna has been described as a very good rider. There is a reason, she witnessed what happened to Reed. There is a reason, the author; specifically writes clues pointing to Lyanna. There is not one shred of text, that Martin has written, that points to Ashara being tKotLT. So unless Rhaegar fucked his own mother and had Dany that why, it didnt happened. There is also that whole Dany, was born on Dragonstone thing. But hey, who cares about that.

As for the OP. Welcome to the forums! Enjoy!

The timeline is off only if you accept the official story of Dany's birth. The woman we know as Dany could have been born at the ToJ to Lyanna and then sent to Dragonstone to take the place of Rhaella's stillborn child. She had a history of miscarriages and stillbirths.

Still 2,000 or so pages of book series left so who knows for sure?

The timeline is off only if you accept the official story of Dany's birth. The woman we know as Dany could have been born at the ToJ to Lyanna and then sent to Dragonstone to take the place of Rhaella's stillborn child. She had a history of miscarriages and stillbirths.

And Martin's spoken word. You have to get deep into crack pottery to explain that one away

Exactly ^ Maybe George is ticked off that people figured out R+L = J so early and will throw a curveball at us and have R+L = Dany instead.

I mean he isn't a hack writer who would change major story arcs and character development for shock value or just because fans figured it out. Keep in mind though, he did release his original idea for the asoiaf storyline, and R+L=J seemed like it fed directly into a J+Arya hookup. Well that isn't happening now as far as we know so Jon would be just a bastard anyway who couldn't claim the throne as Rhaegar's son. There is still a possibility he's AA reborn but if that isn't it then really what does R+L=J do for the overall story?

What does it do for Jon?

GRRM won't change the story because people have figured it out.

Why would he be mad at people figuring it out when he has planted the hints and clues himself? :dunno:

He WANTS us to know. What he's keeping for us to know is the reasons and the background of the Rebellion and Rhaegar's intentions. RLJ is no secret.

GRRM won't change the story because people have figured it out.

Why would he be mad at people figuring it out when he has planted the hints and clues himself? :dunno:

He WANTS us to know. What he's keeping for us to know is the reasons and the background of the Rebellion and Rhaegar's intentions. RLJ is no secret.

It's a secret in the same way Clay Aiken being gay was. Never official, but everyone knew

And Martin's spoken word. You have to get deep into crack pottery to explain that one away

Martin's word would still be correct. "Dany" was in fact born on Dragonstone 8-9 months before Jon. Then she died, and the blonde-haired, purple-eyed girl born at the ToJ to Lyanna was switched in her place. Everything squares.

Martin's word would still be correct. "Dany" was in fact born on Dragonstone 8-9 months before Jon. Then she died, and the blonde-haired, purple-eyed girl born at the ToJ to Lyanna was switched in her place. Everything squares.

That's like Martin answering that Jon will learn who his parents are, while really meaning Joncon. Crackpottery

When Dany was born Lyanna was dead for the last 9 months.

Yes. "What else takes 9 months ?", therefore Death ---> Conception (reincarnation, basically).

:lol: Well, it is bold at least.

However, the timing you mention is wrong.

Lyanna's death was known to have occurred after the death of Aerys II, therefore after he impregnated Rhaella with Dany.

That's like Martin answering that Jon will learn who his parents are, while really meaning Joncon. Crackpottery

It's like Varys saying even a small man can cast a large shadow and he's really talking about Littlefinger, not Tyrion. Or that the prodigy that Jon Arryn knew from a boy and brought to KL was, again, Littlefinger and not Ser Hugh.

Never underestimate the caginess of the writer we are dealing with.

But as I said, you can't buy into the theory unless you doubt the official story of Dany's birth. If you accept it as unvarnished truth, then there's no need to even bother with any other interpretation.

Archived