AcroPHILIA of The Seven - round four clues

Rhaena Sandship

As to clue one...Bloodraven's archers were known as the Raven's Teeth. Canines in this clue are teeth, not dogs. I knew right away what the author meant, but thought maybe it was paraphrasing something a different character said at some point. I had Bloodraven down for the Mance clue, but ended up changing that and putting him with the right clue.

As to clue one...Bloodraven's archers were known as the Raven's Teeth. Canines in this clue are teeth, not dogs. I knew right away what the author meant, but thought maybe it was paraphrasing something a different character said at some point. I had Bloodraven down for the Mance clue, but ended up changing that and putting him with the right clue.

Uh...what book is this revealed in? I've read the five GoT books, if you start bringing in information from other books, I really can't play.

I found something in the wiki that said that he was rumoured to control packs of grey wolves once he was at the Wall, or something like that. Before that, I was not at all confident. I am not sure where the wiki got it. There is a lot of material being incorporated into the wiki from A World of Ice and Fire.

Uh...what book is this revealed in? I've read the five GoT books, if you start bringing in information from other books, I really can't play.

That's a fair point. I saw it in the wiki, which I tend to read when researching answers, but you're probably right that it came from one of the supplemental history books.

I don't remember but I think it was mentioned in one of them, buried in with the Blackfyre stuff. It was Bloodraven's archers who killed Daemon and some of his sons at Redgrass Field. Pretty sure that's in there somewhere. GRRM doesn't just drop stuff in (like him being the Three-Eyed Crow) without some foreshadowing in-series.

But there is very little Blackfyre stuff in ASOIF, IIRC. I think people usually quote D&E, when they bring up BF related theories.

edit: I had a look at BR's wiki page. The only ASOIF citations are Aemon mentioning Brynden to Sam in AFFC, Hoster Blackwood talking to Jaime about Brynden's mother in ADWD, Victarion implying that the Targs put down Dagon Greyjoy's rebellion which would have been during BR's time, and of course Bran meeting BR. According to the wiki he isn't mentioned in AGOT, ACOK and ASOS at all.

edit 2:

Ok, the answer to "How do Bloodraven's archers protect nations?" isn't "by Hodor", of course, but "by Brynden" isn't a better answer here than it was to "How does BR's Bran protect nations?", either, it seems to me. "With arrows" or "by shooting rebels" would make sense, except that we're looking for a character. :dunno:

But there is very little Blackfyre stuff in ASOIF, IIRC. I think people usually quote D&E, when they bring up BF related theories.

edit: I had a look at BR's wiki page. The only ASOIF citations are Aemon mentioning Brynden to Sam in AFFC, Hoster Blackwood talking to Jaime about Brynden's mother in ADWD, Victarion implying that the Targs put down Dagon Greyjoy's rebellion which would have been during BR's time, and of course Bran meeting BR. According to the wiki he isn't mentioned in AGOT, ACOK and ASOS at all.

edit 2:

Ok, the answer to "How do Bloodraven's archers protect nations?" isn't "by Hodor", of course, but "by Brynden" isn't a better answer here than it was to "How does BR's Bran protect nations?", either, it seems to me. "With arrows" or "by shooting rebels" would make sense, except that we're looking for a character. :dunno:

I agree on edit 2, but remember we have to work with the letters we get. That can make things really tricky.

I was so tempted but I did the 'delete my draft venting' again. I thnk we need the new round quickly.

I think this is a downside of having time allotted to vote for a favourite clue, which I think there are pros and cons for (I do realise I started it, but I felt this while I was hosting too). Moving quicker onto the next round means it's easier to just forget about issues with the previous round and move on.

Sticking my nose in here. I think the game should not last longer than one week!

Four days to think up and get your acro in to the host

Two days to vote

One day to have the answers posted and the new acro up.

I realize that Rhaena has computer problems at the moment so obviously there would occasionally be exceptions to the rule.

I think the benefit of having these deadlines fall on the same day every week would also be an advantage to us.

e.g. If the new letters go up every Thursday then that would mean that the acros are due every Monday.

Which would mean that all voting should be in by Wednesday. New acro again on Thursday.

Sticking my nose in here. I think the game should not last longer than one week!

Four days to think up and get your acro in to the host

Two days to vote

One day to have the answers posted and the new acro up.

I realize that Rhaena has computer problems at the moment so obviously there would occasionally be exceptions to the rule.

I think the benefit of having these deadlines fall on the same day every week would also be an advantage to us.

e.g. If the new letters go up every Thursday then that would mean that the acros are due every Monday.

Which would mean that all voting should be in by Wednesday. New acro again on Thursday.

That would suit me perfectly! Just to confirm, by voting you mean the guesses right?

That would suit me perfectly! Just to confirm, by voting you mean the guesses right?

Yes, sorry. Voting is the other acro.

Or if people think two days to look at the clues is not enough, it could be three days to create and three days to work out answers.

ETA

Just remembering that Rhaena has changed the voting thing on this game.

But no matter what way it is done I would like to see these games last no longer than one week, with us having the same day deadlines every week - which would be an aide memoire to us.

Oh it's Monday - must get the acro in. Oh it's Wednesday must have this in... etc.

Or four days for guessing and two for creating the acro? At least for me, creating the clue is much easier than the guessing where it really helps me to sleep over some thoughts for some days.

Archived