AcroPHILIA of The Seven - round four clues

Rhaena Sandship

The hosting bar appears to have been raised a considerable distance :bowdown:

I have referred to our new host as 'impressive' on several occasions. I do not choose my words lightly.

EDIT: Just noticed how amusing it is to link the Gods to a game entitled 'Acrophilia', given the actual meaning of the term. I somehow doubt they would approve :laugh:

That is the cutest avatar ever,FB.It would be even better if the bird was returning from a nightclub.

Thanks! That's a little Irish birdie, suitable for both St. Patrick's Day and Easter. But I may look for a green birdie for the 17th...

No, the deadline is tomorrow. A shadow noticed I wrote something like "If you need an extension - please let me know before 28. January " and decided to joke about your poor host's preoccupied mind. :crying:

And it was very preoccupied, because The Seven were giving me an interview. All wonderful players who have already submitted their clues are welcome to read it

here. Click on it for a bigger view.

I hope you enjoy it :)

Wow, RS! That's awesome

Er, how hard will it be for those of us who do not have an e-book?

It depends on the round. The first one has a lot of secondary characters, and many of you decided for an obscure clue, because... reasons, I guess.

It is not a problem if you don't have an e-book. I only asked because it is easier to use the search option to find out when and where a character or a word appear, than to search the wiki for information. But, as I said, you can always PM me the search phrase and I'll tell you which pages you need. :)

Clues:

Round one can finally begin - 13 interesting and challenging clues have been submitted for 13 interesting and challenging characters. You have until 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, 4th of March to guess as many of them as possible.

One of The Seven is overseeing this round - the wise old Crone is lifting her lantern high to show you the path to the right answers. If that is not enough, you have seven preliminaries you can spend whenever you want. Knowing the theme will also help you, so try to figure it out. I think the pages of the books are a good place to start searching for it ;)

Note that the deadline for submitting an explanation of your clue is also Wednesday evening. (If you want one to be posted in the favourite clue voting form. It is not obligatory, but might help you get more votes.)

Enough talking, here are the clues:

1. Mocks superwoman. Enraged oath-breaker knight fells asshole.
2. Mature ser. Escutcheon of kings. Foreign associates.
3. Pruned without asking *sigh*. No darn luck!
4. Pretty wolf all sewn. Now death's laughingstock.
5. Maester’s squinting elderly offsider, keeps flighted airmailers.
6. Pyromancer Wisdom. Alchemist shows nosy dwarf light.
7. Priest welcomes acolyte's servitude? Normally deems "liar."
8. Previous whore, appointed steward. Now defends light.
9. Papa wolf announces suspicion. Negligently decapitated, loudly.
10. Parent with attitude stridently nags defenseless illegitimate.
11. Most sadistic. Enraged over knightly food assignment.
12. Muse, sister, eastern origin. Khaleesi's faithful attendant
13. Patron where a sanctuary nourishes dogs lost.

Good luck!

Are you the Maid?

She says she's at least one of the seven, so maybe she's all of them? :unsure:

Those clues are brutal. :(

Indeed. Which is why I'm so happy that I've got one of them! :smug:

You'd be surprised how well you're doing - all clues have been guesses correctly at least once by now, and most of the guesses on the working posts I've received are right. A bit more confidence ;)

She says she's at least one of the seven, so maybe she's all of them? :unsure:

I suspect you're right. She absolutely blew my mind yesterday - her working post was up no more than 15 minutes after I published the clues and while I cannot reveal how many of the guesses are right, I must say I'm impressed! ... telepathy is not real, right? :stunned:

You'd be surprised how well you're doing - all clues have been guesses correctly at least once by now, and most of the guesses on the working posts I've received are right. A bit more confidence ;)

I suspect you're right. She absolutely blew my mind yesterday - her working post was up no more than 15 minutes after I published the clues and while I cannot reveal how many of the guesses are right, I must say I'm impressed! ... telepathy is not real, right? :stunned:

It's an unequal playing field, I'm beginning to suspect Shadow is GRRM or Ran.

Yeah, I know that feeling from when I was hosting... I hadn't even yet posted the results of the last round, when I had a shadow's new working answers in with the questions "Are all my working answers correct?" and "Is that the theme?" and I could just answer "Yes." and "Yes."...

To stop some of the confusion:

#1 is pointing to the mocking a**hole

#7 is pointing to the priest

#9 is pointing to the papa wolf (hell, he is the only person mentioned in the clue)

#10 is pointing to the parent

Did i miss anybody?

Also, it is entirely possible to guess all the clues and the theme - somebody just did it ;)

Archived