A Luke Skywalker situation

Spun City

A point I made in a earlier thread was that in order for it to become a Luke Skywalker situation one of his parents has to alive. One of the reasons I think his mom might be Ashara was because there is no definitive proof that she even died. While, Rhaegar and Lyanna are most certainly dead. Robert made sure Rhaegar was dead, and We saw Lyanna die in Ned's flashback. My point is one parent has to be alive in order for it to be a Luke Skywaker situation, and R+L=J doesn't provide that since both potential parents are respectively dead

A point I made in a earlier thread was that in order for it to become a Luke Skywalker situation one of his parents has to alive. One of the reasons I think his mom might be Ashara was because there is no definitive proof that she even died. While, Rhaegar and Lyanna are most certainly dead. Robert made sure Rhaegar was dead, and We saw Lyanna die in Ned's flashback. My point is one parent has to be alive in order for it to be a Luke Skywaker situation, and R+L=J doesn't provide that since both potential parents are respectively dead

For a full parallel then yes one would have to be alive. But since it's only a "bit" it could just be one aspect of it. Lyanna died in childbirth, making it a bit of a LS situation. Jon was raised by his aunt and uncle, like LS. Jon doesn't actually know who his father/mother really are, just like LS. Jon left home to join an ancient order focused on protecting people, just like LS. Ect, ect.

Essentially the comment is meaningless for future predictions because a "bit" could already fit into what we know already happened in the story.

I guess maybe I've missed it, or maybe it's just I'm still relatively new to these forums, but what's this theory that must not be named? Something to do with switched babies by the context? If it's too taboo to be posted could someone PM me?

It can't be that bad given we get weekly threads stating Dany and Jon were switched at birth and that Renly is Robert's son and things way more wacky than that.

I guess maybe I've missed it, or maybe it's just I'm still relatively new to these forums, but what's this theory that must not be named? Something to do with switched babies by the context? If it's too taboo to be posted could someone PM me?

It can't be that bad given we get weekly threads stating Dany and Jon were switched at birth and that Renly is Robert's son and things way more wacky than that.

I think they are referring to the theory that Mance is really Rhaegar. I can't exactly recall how it reconciles the fact that the two men seemed to live lives contemporaneously both at the Wall and in King's Landing, but it was fairly popular for a while. I think it gained traction because both men liked red and black colors and both seemed to be amateur musicians.

I think they are referring to the theory that Mance is really Rhaegar. I can't exactly recall how it reconciles the fact that the two men seemed to live lives contemporaneously both at the Wall and in King's Landing, but it was fairly popular for a while. I think it gained traction because both men liked red and black colors and both seemed to be amateur musicians.

Thanks. That seems easily disproven, but it's a far cry from the craziest theory we've had around here. :P

The closest Jon and Meera ever get to coming together occurs in ASOS when Meera, Bran and co. are hiding in the Queen's Crown tower, in the middle of a lake. Jon, Ygritte and the wildlings come to the village on the shore of said lake. While a thunderstorm rages, Jon and Ygritte walk to the shore of the lake where Jon points out the tower and tells her of its history. In the meantime lightning strikes get closer and closer until one strikes the very lake they are standing on (this is when Hodor starts yelling Hodor uncontrollably until Bran skinchanges into him). This scene takes place during two different chapters, one from Bran's POV and one from Jon's POV. The first chapter begins with this line

Thus we have an image of the tower with it's twin reflected across the water of the lake.

And we have Meera in the tower with her twin standing across the lake on the shore.

Awesome catch! I've felt for a long time that Lyanna having twins would be the big reveal in later books. Personally I thought Dany & Jon but u found a huge clue that would set the stage for the twins being Meera & Jon. It seems to me that twins would explain allot of the unanswered questions surrounding the ToJ. Plus I'd love all the people who talk down to anyone who doesn't automatically assume r+l=j put in their place. Yes it's the clubhouse favorite for Jon's parents but it's far from proven. Yet a certain segment of this community loves to belittle anyone that considers the possibility that they're wrong. R+L=J&M I love it!

they have eight months that separated them. The Theroy I believe in A+L=J

The official history has Dany born eight months before Jon. But Rhaella was prone to stillbirths and miscarriages, so when it happened again and Rhaella died, they kept it quiet and then swapped Lyanna's baby as the new Dany. She was too blonde and purple-eyed to pass off as a Stark anyway.

I definetly don't think Stannis is the Darth Vader. However Jeor sort of was an Obi Wan, and Howland could definetly be a Yoda by telling Jon the truth. It would also be more of a Luke Skywalker thing if Mance was Rhaegar. And I can see some parallels to Anakin and Rhaegar. Both young talented warriors, both fell in love with the wrong woman, and both did some very drastic things for the woman they loved. Anakin also did get really burned and then became Darth Vader and Rhaegar's remains were said to be cremated.

Or Jon's father is someone who was rather "dark" which could be Brandon, and his mom could be Ashara and this could still be argued for being a Luke Skywalker like situation especially if Howland is the one who breaks this news to Jon.

I definetly don't think Stannis is the Darth Vader. However Jeor sort of was an Obi Wan, and Howland could definetly be a Yoda by telling Jon the truth. It would also be more of a Luke Skywalker thing if Mance was Rhaegar. And I can see some parallels to Anakin and Rhaegar. Both young talented warriors, both fell in love with the wrong woman, and both did some very drastic things for the woman they loved. Anakin also did get really burned and then became Darth Vader and Rhaegar's remains were said to be cremated.

Or Jon's father is someone who was rather "dark" which could be Brandon, and his mom could be Ashara and this could still be argued for being a Luke Skywalker like situation especially if Howland is the one who breaks this news to Jon.

widely and wildly off-topic, but how was padme amidala the wrong woman?

separately, how was lyanna the wrong woman?

can nat portman ever be wrong, in any way?

more to the point, if mance = rhaegar = vader, who is palpatine?

the sith senator is responsible almost entirely (jedi council were remiss, not intentionally corrupt/ing), so who pulled rayder/rhaegar strings?

if there was a wannabe emperor controlling things, not only does the star wars parallel become more succinct, but the whole r+l elopement becomes more understandable.

the obvious choice for me is varys, could have assured rhaegar rob b., starks and king/dad were cool with the relationship (r+l), and okay-ed its commencement.

toj = lava planet where anakin had legs removed, and where padme/lyanna birthed magic twins.

one raised as noble, other hidden among regula folks/free cities.

this makes HR yoda for sure, will jon ride him like a midget rides a pig-dog?

only time will tell...............................

emperor/senator/varys makes leia/dany/meera watch padme/ashara/lyanna home world destroyed.

mereen? dorne? greywater? essos? westeros?

varys sidius has already at least encouraged the events to lead to several large armies being assembled in various locations.

drone/clone wars upcoming........drone = dorne, clones are unsullied.

emperor/senator/varys makes leia/dany/meera watch padme/ashara/lyanna home world destroyed.

mereen? dorne? greywater? essos? westeros?

varys sidius has already at least encouraged the events to lead to several large armies being assembled in various locations.

drone/clone wars upcoming........drone = dorne, clones are unsullied.

widely and wildly off-topic, but how was padme amidala the wrong woman?

separately, how was lyanna the wrong woman?

can nat portman ever be wrong, in any way?

more to the point, if mance = rhaegar = vader, who is palpatine?

the sith senator is responsible almost entirely (jedi council were remiss, not intentionally corrupt/ing), so who pulled rayder/rhaegar strings?

if there was a wannabe emperor controlling things, not only does the star wars parallel become more succinct, but the whole r+l elopement becomes more understandable.

the obvious choice for me is varys, could have assured rhaegar rob b., starks and king/dad were cool with the relationship (r+l), and okay-ed its commencement.

toj = lava planet where anakin had legs removed, and where padme/lyanna birthed magic twins.

one raised as noble, other hidden among regula folks/free cities.

this makes HR yoda for sure, will jon ride him like a midget rides a pig-dog?

only time will tell...............................

Ok one your taking this to literally and two ya pad me was the wrong woman no only are the Jedi not allowed to love period but padme was a senator which made it even worse. And Ya Lyanna was the wrong woman she was betrothed to someone else and Rhaegar was already married.

When Martin said it's going to be kind of Luke Skywalker like I do not think he meant the storyline was going to turn out to be exactly like Star Wars. I. Just saying Stannis is not Darth Vader and Jon's father could be Rhaegar especially with all of the other connections to Rhaegar and Vader I made or his father is Brandon and he Jon learns the truth in a similar fashion as Luke did (not Brandon coming alive and telling him but more like the same amount of shock Luke had when he found out).

Jon Snow and Meera are the same age, but Meera has green eyes, which is highly unlikely with a Stark and a Targaryen parent, not to mention that Jojen also has green eyes.

I like the long-lost twin speculation, but remember that Alfie Allen referenced Luke Skywalker when discussing his parentage. The similarities will be in relation to his parents.

Archived