Thinking about not watching Season 5 (possible spoilers)

Ordos

I've been told that Season 5 of Game of Thrones will have many differences from the books. That's not too much of an issue for me but it's the number of omissions of things from the books that bother me. There are still 3 plot events that happened in book 3 that were not featured in Season 4 and the sources are giving ZERO hints that they will happen and in fact suggest they won't.

Something very important happened in book 3 on the Iron Islands that was not featured in Season 4. There are in fact clues that suggest that they do not intend to visit the Iron Islands in Season 5. Also MY favorite character that first appears in book 5 if the rumors are true will also be omitted from the show.

These omissions are in my mind intolerable and I might not watch Season 5. You might gasp at the idea, but there you go.Of course all of this is speculation as we have not seen Season 5 yet, but the rumors and official announcements STRONGLY suggest these things I talk of will be omitted.

Maybe I'll watch the series at a later date if I'm proven wrong.

So they won't include the iron island stoyline in season 5............. thank goodness lol

Now maybe there is actually a chance that this season won't be as slow and boring as A feast for crows was...

Hopefully this means that the show will focus on the "main characters" and not introduce a bunch of new characters that I could care less about ( like george rr martin did in book 4 and 5)

Your favourite character was Quentyn?

No and I cannot say. I'm only making references to characters, time and places without getting into detail. That makes them potential spoilers but only minor spoilers.

Some characters I like probably won't be in future seasons (or they might be delayed, not giving up yet) but that alone wouldn't make me stop this great TV show. Even with the likes of

Euron, Victarion, Arianne, Aegon, Jon Con, Quentyn, LSH

missing, it's still amazing TV but each to their own.

A lot of things about the show has annoyed me for example LSH cut, but I will continue to watch as I still enjoy it. I guess if you were only reading the book series for 1 character then it is better to stop watching.

Cutting the useless fat off (Aegon, Greyjoys etc) for the show is the best thing about all this. We have 30-36ish epsiodes left, focus should be on the main players: Dany, Night's Watch, Lannisters etc.

Exactly, the producers should focus on the main characters there's only two more seasons to finish the story,

Martin can write about one thousand.characters (he already does) because if he wants.he.can extent the number of books that are left (I hope he won't do that). But the producers can't do that so it seems they prefer to tell and finish the story if the characters the tv viewers care about. And I agree with that.

I don't mind omissions per se. But I think all of books 1-3 should be included. There is a lot the producers can omit from book 4 and 5 that we can do without. I get that. But not books 1-3 because of how much of it they already put in.

Books 1-3 is the first phase/Act 1 of the story and I feel it should be complete. If god forbid the show were canceled prematurely, I would at least be satisfied they completed the story up to book 3. Like I said, something very important happened in book 3 on the Iron Islands and official announcements and rumors suggest the Iron islands will not be visited.

As for my favorite character that appears in book 5, well I'll admit he's not entirely necessary but it makes the show even less worth watching.

I cannot understand how everyone thinks this is a GOOD thing for the TV show.

Archived