R+L=J v.134

Jon Weirgaryen

Northern ladies have a bit more of freedom than their Southern counterparts (except Dorne). At least the ladies of Bear Island are known to fight when needed. They live in a very harsh place, after all. I suppose mostly lords wouldn't want their daughters to feel encouraged by the tale of a Lady of Winterfell hitting South with a handsome prince and running away from a marriage. So, what better way to discourage that than vilify what happened? "Yeah, she was kidnapped and raped. Stay home, lass! Men are dangerous!".

Oooh, Dangers... our middle name ladies. Except for Stamos his middle name is Yancey.

Which reminds me the opening of full house is a total god damn lie. Anyone here ever been to Frisco? Ok it's small, crowded, has like no parks except one, it's filthy, everyone is a ripoff artist street performer. One guy was pretending to be a budist monk and asking for donations, I mean really budist monk con men? Oh the street performers which for some odd reason every one is one, all suck. Oh and wtf is with the fake homeless kids, I am 15, no you are 29. Not to mention don't give anyone a handout you will get swarmed. Oh the real-estate market is a joke, here by this infested dump for two million dollars. Everyone who loves Frisco tends to live out side of it. Just another media driven Full house lie. That and delicious greek yogurt, no it's to thick and chalky, it's like eating paste mixed with chalk. Oh and another thing about Frisco wtf, you ever here of a sidewalk that is more than 4 feet wide? Oh and another thing the great art movment there? Really the museum of modern art has been closed for years and painting yourself blue and taging your initials on building does not make you Banksy, oh and since everyone there owns a dog, and takes their dogs everywhere with them, how about cleaning up after your dog. Unfortunatly it's not always dog shit you are stepping around and avoiding.

Ok, I am done.

Northern ladies have a bit more of freedom than their Southern counterparts (except Dorne). At least the ladies of Bear Island are known to fight when needed. They live in a very harsh place, after all. I suppose mostly lords wouldn't want their daughters to feel encouraged by the tale of a Lady of Winterfell hitting South with a handsome prince and running away from a marriage. So, what better way to discourage that than vilify what happened? "Yeah, she was kidnapped and raped. Stay home, lass! Men are dangerous!".

... Except neither Ned nor Robert first said that?

I will go anywhere that is above freezing right now.

I think Alia, MoIaF, and Lady G who has gone missing for some time have dibs on needing weather relief anyone in the north east really. I want to go visit Yolkboy in England, he needs to take us to Dorset so we can see the film location of Broadchurch. Which is my new obbsession and nobody say anything I am just finishing season 1 and I am about to watch episode 8 Alia of the Spoilery knife in my back.

If nobody has seen it, it's really good, like True detectivs but British. So awesome but quirky and British smart. Though I am trying to get my mind around the fact that there is an american version and both shows star David Tennant. I am so confused. It's like an alternate timeline with the same story and Dr. Who is bouncing through space changing shit and pretending to be this detective. OMG David Tennant really is Dr. Who, like a real one and he is fucking with my tv shows. He should be Howland Reed too.

You mean boat.

That too.

I will go anywhere that is above freezing right now.

The wind was so cold, it hurt my ears.

My favorite time of year is when the Midshipmen change out their winter blues for their summer whites. Then I know its official.

Same. *waiting for the snow storm to start*

Poor she boo.

I think Alia, MoIaF, and Lady G who has gone missing for some time have dibs on needing weather relief anyone in the north east really. I want to go visit Yolkboy in England, he needs to take us to Dorset so we can see the film location of Broadchurch. Which is my new obbsession and nobody say anything I am just finishing season 1 and I am about to watch episode 8 Alia of the Spoilery knife in my back.

If nobody has seen it, it's really good, like True detectivs but British. So awesome but quirky and British smart. Though I am trying to get my mind around the fact that there is an american version and both shows star David Tennant. I am so confused. It's like an alternate timeline with the same story and Dr. Who is bouncing through space changing shit and pretending to be this detective. OMG David Tennant really is Dr. Who, like a real one and he is fucking with my tv shows. He should be Howland Reed too.

Heeeeyyyy, I didn't spoiler anything lately. :wideeyed:

(Was Grimm on last week)?

I won't say anything other than season 1 was great. Season 2...not so much. I like Davod Tennant, though. You must check this out:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yvwFufzb5_k

My current obsession is Fables, a comic series. Been needing something to pass the time until GoT, and I'm on issue #67 of 149 (so far). They are ending the series next month (wow, an author who ends things!), so I'm catching up just in time.

Also Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna (now I'm on topic).

The wind was so cold, it hurt my ears.

My favorite time of year is when the Midshipmen change out their winter blues for their summer whites. Then I know its official.

The weather reported that February was the coldest on record where I live. Joy.

I know it's spring when I see the buttercups starting to pop up...they'll even come up through the snow.

The weather reported that February was the coldest on record where I live. Joy.

I know it's spring when I see the buttercups starting to pop up...they'll even come up through the snow.

Yeah, and March especially will break your heart.

One day its sixty, and the next its snowing. :(

I will say that True Detective kept me on edge the entire time I watched it.

I was bored. Until episode 6, when I was so bored that I couldn't stand it anymore and stopped watching. I just hated the main characters too much to care about anything they did. The crime was interesting, but I just could stay interested in the characters who were investigating it.

WHAT?!?!?! MADNESS!!!!!!

(there is now 6 inches of snow on the ground. I may cry)

We've had 6 inches on the ground since early February. I haven't seen my yard in weeks XD. The fun part is that it covers a sheet of ice...meaning that my backyard (a pretty steep hill) is inaccessible because you literally slide down to the bottom.

As far as Jon...I know I'm just crazy, but I think there's a million to one chance of R+L being his parents. I don't expect anyone to believe me, though.

To me R+L=J is fun on a mistery-solving angle (and it´s what makes more sense to me at this time)... because, personally i think Jon is not going to think on this, Luke Skywalker style... it´s not going to rock his world, his father will be Ned beginning to end... he never knew Rhaegar or Lyanna and he never will... you can´t be attached to people you never seen or interacted with...

To me R+L=J is fun on a mistery-solving angle (and it´s what makes more sense to me at this time)... because, personally i think Jon is not going to think on this, Luke Skywalker style... it´s not going to rock his world, his father will be Ned beginning to end... he never knew Rhaegar or Lyanna and he never will... you can´t be attached to people you never seen or interacted with...

I disagree. I think it's going to shake him up quite a lot. He's always struggled with his identity as a bastard...he's always wanted to be considered a true son of Eddard Stark. To learn that Eddard isn't even his father is going to hit him hard...to learn that his parents' action set off a domino effect that embroiled Westeros in a war, leading to the deaths of his parents, his grandfathers, his uncle, and his siblings is going to rock him to his core. There's also the strong possibility that he was the rightful heir to the Targaryen throne, and that three KG, including Arthur Dayne, died fighting Ned for his sake...

It's not about Jon knowing his parents...it's about all the baggage that comes with knowing who they were.

I disagree. I think it's going to shake him up quite a lot. He's always struggled with his identity as a bastard...he's always wanted to be considered a true son of Eddard Stark. To learn that Eddard isn't even his father is going to hit him hard...to learn that his parents' action set off a domino effect that embroiled Westeros in a war, leading to the deaths of his parents, his grandfathers, his uncle, and his siblings is going to rock him to his core. There's also the strong possibility that he was the rightful heir to the Targaryen throne, and that three KG, including Arthur Dayne, died fighting Ned for his sake...

It's not about Jon knowing his parents...it's about all the baggage that comes with knowing who they were.

It may be, but there´s just two books left and a massive war to fight with undead beings and dragons, he better brood quick :) i don´t think it´s going to take alot of his time, it wasn´t his fault nor Ned´s, it was circumstance

Archived