Watch, Watched, Watching: The Tribe Has Spoken!

Nox Irradiata

I'm loving the new sitcom "Fresh Off The Boat" more and more with each episode. I think part of it has to do with the nostalgia angle, it's set in 1995 - I'm an 80's kid but the 90's has fun memories for me too - and that the family is in the restaurant business as was mine, and also my dad is an American immigrant, though my mom was born here.

Was not expecting to like this show as much as I do, but each episode it keeps hitting all the right buttons for me.

I've really being enjoying a show called Hindsight on VH1. It's about a woman who travels back 20 years to 1995 into her 23 year old self. It's kind of cheesy, but it's really hitting all of my nostalgia triggers music wise (it is on VH1, so I'm sure that's intentional) as most of what they're playing was big when I was in high school - and you're right in between my age and the main characters so I think you'd enjoy it quite a bit too. I binged the first eight (of ten) episodes this week - the last two haven't aired yet.

I've been watching Hindsight too, missed some episodes. Sometimes I can't take the cheesiness along with the commercials that seem to happen every 5 minutes for me not to go watch or do something else.

ETA: Back in 2001 there were 2 new shows that season That Was Then and Do Over Both shows had the main character going back to himself as a high school teenager in the 1980's. That Was Then was an hour show with Jeffrey Tambor as the dad, the kid in that show got to come back to present time at the end of each episode to see how his changing things in the past messed up the present this time. It only lasted 2 episodes before it was yanked off though.

Do Over got at least 13 episodes and was only a half hour. The main character stayed in the past once he got there and was much more of a sitcom.

Both shows I think were better than Hindsight in how they told stories, but I've not completely given up on the show.

Just watched Under The Skin. Trying to figure out what genre that was, aside from superficially science fiction -- not surrealist. Some sort of symbolic fable?

ETA: ok, wikipedia says the novel it is based on is surrealist.

On season 2 of my Breaking Bad re-watch. I can't believe I never noticed all the color themes on my first time through the series. /facepalm

Just finished season 4 I still have a few problems with the show but I'm liking it so much more on my 2nd watch. The last 4 eps of season 4 are prob the shows best run of eps imo, amazing stuff.

I watched The Fault in Our Stars and it was really good, I was pleasantly surprised. I teared up too, a feat not done since watching the saddest documentary ever, Dear Zachary.

Finally saw Inherent Vice and it was kind of shit.

I'm finally around to watching Parks and Recreation. Just started season 3. Goddamnit I love this show.

Me too! Series finale was great, it was time for it to end but I'm going to miss the show.

More Community watching, alongside House of Cards. Just watch Football, Femminism, and You which was great :lol: loved the Shirley/Britta bathroom stuff :rofl:

ETA:

"I think not being racist is the new racism."

I watched The Fault in Our Stars and it was really good, I was pleasantly surprised. I teared up too, a feat not done since watching the saddest documentary ever, Dear Zachary.

Finally saw Inherent Vice and it was kind of shit.

Agree about The Fault in Our Stars. Great movie. Shailene Woodley was fantastic. It's the first time since the Six Feet Under finale that I've teared up watching a movie/show.

Dissapointed to hear about Inherent Vice, I still need to see it.

Archived