Small Questions v. 10097

Rhaenys_Targaryen

But why would moors make sense? If every great lord in the realm came to the council, how quickly could Mormont and Umber have gotten there?

According to google a moor is "a tract of open uncultivated upland; a heath." So it would make sense. I think it would also make more sense if they named the day of the council ahead of time, and each lord then timed their departure so they would arrive in time.

another random question, do we have any information on the relationship between house martell and house tyrell?

To put it lightly, House Tyrell does not like House Martell.

Prince Oberyn doesn't seem to have a high opinion of Mace. The rest of House Martell haven't expressed any feelings postive of negative about the Tyrells

But why would moors make sense? If every great lord in the realm came to the council, how quickly could Mormont and Umber have gotten there?

Because a moor is a description of the land, so tents spring up all over the moors simply means Harrenhal is surrounded by campsites.

Google The Yorkshire Moors as an example if you like

To put it lightly, House Tyrell does not like House Martell.

how come? links to any other threads or pages would really help as i'm just working some stuff out, thanks

Note: i do know about the oberyn crippling willas but they were friends and it was his father who was not happy

how come? links to any other threads or pages would really help as i'm just working some stuff out, thanks

Oberyn rode against Willas in the latter's very first tourney, and while Oberyn hit Willam' breastplate clean (I think that was the term used), Willas fell, and his foot got caught in the stirrups.. he broke his leg because of that. Oberyn send his own maester to help him, but Willas' leg wad damaged permanently. Willas doesn't blame Oberyn, and they write each other on occasion. Olenna hates Oberyn, though, and Mace isn't too fond of the Martells either.

There was also Lord Harlan Tyrell, who vanished with his army in Dorne during the war against Dorne during the reign of Aegon I. And Lord Lyonel Tyrell, who got killed in Dorne after the Conquest of Dorne,

I think it is safe to say House Tyrell isn't too fond of any dornishman, but the Martells, thanks to Oberyn, are now especially hated..

There was also Lord Harlan Tyrell, who vanished with his army in Dorne during the war against Dorne during the reign of Aegon I. And Lord Lyonel Tyrell, who got killed in Dorne after the Conquest of Dorne,

I think it is safe to say House Tyrell isn't too fond of any dornishman, but the Martells, thanks to Oberyn, are now especially hated..

thanks for all the information, these forums help me so much when i don't have the books at hand

Because a moor is a description of the land, so tents spring up all over the moors simply means Harrenhal is surrounded by campsites.

Google The Yorkshire Moors as an example if you like

In old form of my language one moon = one month, it's still used in some books. When I translate "księżyc" ( moon in polish) I get:

- Moon - natural satelite of Earth

- natural satelite of planet

- month.

In old form of my language one moon = one month, it's still used in some books. When I translate "księżyc" ( moon in polish) I get:

- month.

I know that...I didn't mention moon at all in my post. Aryagonnakill was asking about moors

thanks for all the information, these forums help me so much when i don't have the books at hand

As I recall, our little rebel Arianne at one time considered trying to make a betrothal with Willas but Doran quashed it.

From the wiki: "When she was still half a child, she tried to beguile Renly Baratheon without success while he visited Dorne. She also asked her father to be sent to Highgarden to meet Willas Tyrell, although she knew he was crippled. Prince Doran refused her and, when Arianne set out on her own towards Highgarden with the help of Tyene, had her party intercepted at Vaith by Prince Oberyn."

- month.

Moor and Moon look very similar so thank you for trying. "Księżyc" looks like the name of someone from Meereen!

ETA: last sentence because it struck me as humorous.

Moor and Moon look very similar so thank you for trying. "Księżyc" looks like the name of someone from Meereen!

ETA: last sentence because it struck me as humorous.

Wikipedia says "Polish księżyc means "son of the prince" (syn księcia).

In Medieval Poland the suffix "-yc" was added to the end of a father's name in order to form the name of his son.

Earth was regarded as the Prince (Książę

)

, and the moon was Earth's son.

Hence the word "księżyc". Książę + yc = księżyc" ( prince + yc)"

Earth was regarded as the Prince (Książę

)

, and the moon was Earth's son.

Hence the word "księżyc". Książę + yc = księżyc" ( prince + yc)"

Tsk! Moon is Goddess, wife of Sun. It is known.

Seriously, though, that's some very interesting stuff right here. :) I'd be very interested to know why the Earth would be considered the Prince - who is the King then?

Archived