Eurovision 2015 - LET ME SHOW YOU TEL AVIV

Mladen

27, actually?

UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Australia and Austria + 20 from semifinals.

Semifinal 2 recap:

1. Israel was hilariously good... LET ME SHOW YOU TEL AVIV

2. Montenegro was so great... The magic of Zeljko "Lane Moje" Joksimovic never stops working on ESC.

3. So sorry for the Czech Republic..

4. Sweden may win, but it was just good song.

5. ex-SSSR Republics are a bit too obsessed with vampires.

Good grief, 27 countries of mostly mediocrity to go through tomorrow.

Agreed on all points, no idea why Czech Republic didn't go through. I am still upset Lane Moje didn't win way back when.

Also: the title of this thread should be renamed "LET ME SHOW YOU TEL AVIV".

Good grief, 27 countries of mostly mediocrity to go through tomorrow.

Agreed on all points, no idea why Czech Republic didn't go through. I am still upset Lane Moje didn't win way back when.

Also: the title of this thread should be renamed "LET ME SHOW YOU TEL AVIV".

Well, there are at least 5-6 songs worth listening: Sweden, Russia, Italy, Serbia, Montenegro, Israel, Georgia.

It will be interesting to see how the Balkan votes will be divided. This is the first time two Balkan countries have such strong contenders.

As for title, done :)

Who are your favorites among non-English songs? "Adio"?

Hmmm, 5 songs are non-English. Three from BIG 5 - France, Italy and Spain. And from semis, Montenegro and Romania. Italy and Montenegro in this case...

I am still upset Lane Moje didn't win way back when.

OK, for you, and the rest of Zeljko's fans, here is his history on ESC:

1, Lane Moje - Serbia and Montenegro - 2004 - performer

2. Lejla - Bosnia and Herzegovina - 2006 - composer

3. Oro - Serbia - 2008 - composer

4. Nije ljubav stvar - Serbia - 2012 - composer/performer

5. Adio - Montenegro - 2015 - composer

Also, currently of 4 songs, he got 2nd, two 3rd and one 6th place. Knez with "Adio" entered the finals, so let we see how that will go...

Yes. This year I will not be because I am going to the public viewing, which should be fun, but there should be a bunch of people there for the finale.

Today I realised that even though I was not in the chat, I could halfway imagine what the comments would be like, so I was with you in spirit! ;) "Oh look tree imaginery!" etc.

Thank you Buck. I was there! I had the best time around here in years.

Thanks Risto! <3 OMG Lane Moje, how could it not win??

How do you like polish singer performance?

Sharp, in other words, off-key, not to mention the song was pretty awful. I hate those sort of harmonies. But, she was right on with the theme of the year apparently since she had trees in the background. Seems almost everyone is sticking trees in there for one reason or other.

The Swedish media are getting cautiously optimistic that we could take this. Worst competitors they are listing are the three giovannis from Italy and Russia since well, it's Russia. No mentions of Israel tho. But I am thinking the Swedes will vote Israel and Norway at least.

Thanks Risto! <3 OMG Lane Moje, how could it not win??

Well, it should be noted that, back in 2004, things were a bit different. It was the first entry after twelve years for ex-Serbia and Montenegro due to embargo. Eurovision wasn't that big of deal for the country and there was no big campaigning. Eurovision later became quite the big deal and also became political playground. The chaos of 2006 is still something ESC-fans in Serbia and Montenegro won't forget. But, ESC was, after Željko, considered as sort of national project. Until of course, economic crisis and lack of money.

I'm throwing a Eurovision party with a Swede and Australian in the house. Should make for an interesting experience, though if we're not all dead from vodka poisoning before the vote results then something has gone wrong.

Archived