On the Sand Snakes

Westeros

The book snakes are not only terrible, they are almost a non-presence at this point, just a random litter of characters, like Arianne's fellow conspirators, hence why I find it odd that they received such prominence in the show (and at the cost of Arianne)

The thing is because we haven't seen much of them, I suppose people can project whatever they want on the, hence why some people find them "mysterious' and think that they have "flair" while others, like me, just found them irritating/corny/cheesy/whatever. 

The book snakes are not only terrible, they are almost a non-presence at this point, just a random litter of characters, like Arianne's fellow conspirators, hence why I find it odd that they received such prominence in the show (and at the cost of Arianne)

The thing is because we haven't seen much of them, I suppose people can project whatever they want on the, hence why some people find them "mysterious' and think that they have "flair" while others, like me, just found them irritating/corny/cheesy/whatever. 

This is kind of the crux of it. It's comparing apples and oranges. The Sandsnakes in the books aren't amazing characters but they're also very minor characters. When they get a more prominent role in TWOW and are still awful then we can complain. 

• 4 weeks later...

Gosh, the acting was so bad that I wouldn't have even noticed if they had pink skin with yellow dots. 

The Fail Snakes are just such a disappointment, that I don't care at all. Just let them all die (in the show), and quickly.

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly they can't go on with all stories that are in the books. So we have to be reasonable on this point. I don't mind the changes as long as those changes do have a sense in the story that the tv show is telling and it's a script. As far as the tv show plotline is concerned I always thought they could do without Dorne and Lady Stoneheart. They wanted to use Dorne, fine. The problem is that Dorne was complete rubbish. The characters were awful, the story was boooooring, a real snoozefest. Alexander Siddig (playing Doran) is such a good actor (I've seen him in some other works) and it's a pity they used him so badly.

In short, Dorne was a total waste of time. I think even Meereen was boring tbh, but Dorne was a real pain. I wish Dorne would be destroyed by a cataclysmic event, like Valyria, the next season and we don't hear from them again.

LOL kind of agree about the Dornish, and especially Meereen scenes in the show. Just really dull. I sort of hate Dany.... :/

Archived