Beric v. Lady Stoneheart?

In your opinion, was the BWB better off under Lord Beric's leadership or Lady Stonehearts? they seem more similar than I thought at first.

I think Catelyn still cares about protecting the small folk, but also cares about killing Lannisters or Freys on sight. Maybe she is more apt to kill innocents as well under a "kill them all and let god sort them out" viewpoint?

Catelyn seems too hell bent on revenge to properly say she is running them like Beric did, Beric in my view was trying to do exactly what he said he was doing, protecting the small folk and putting guilty parties to justice. The only reason I think some of the brotherhood are still following her is because they the "Red God has blessed her" and they think they are making a difference and not just aiding her revenge mission.

Pity. Brotherhood under Beric was IMO a perfect "sleeper cell" for Stannis Baratheon.

They were "King's men" were they not, sent out in the name of the King, Robert Baratheon?

His only true heir is Stannis, hence I think Beric might think of himself as a Stan man. Also, they have the whole Lord of Light thing in common with Stan, and perhaps Melisandre would approve of Thoros. Or, as the show sort of implied, think of him as a washed up failure, who is only starting to redeem himself.

One can only hope..

Does the name Sandor ring a bell?

I knew exactly who you were talking about. But, your conclusion about the whole the situation isn't as clear cut as you probably suppose. He was ordered to carry out that killing. And before you mention "Nuremburg", think very carefully about what you are going to say.

I am stating facts. Sandor murdered Mycah. He admitted it to Beric. Beric let him go free. None of this is debatable.

No, Sandor killed Mycah. Whether, it was murder under Westeros law is debatable. At any rate, Sandor gave his reasons for killing Mycah and Beric thought it to be a potentially valid defense. That's why the trial by combat was granted to Sandor.

No, Sandor killed Mycah. Whether, it was murder under Westeros law is debatable. At any rate, Sandor's gave his reasons for killing Mycah and Beric thought it to be a potentially valid defense. That's why the trial by combat was granted to Sandor.

Correct. What Sandor did may have been cruel, but was it illegal? I understand the law and custom in Westeros states that to strike a member of the royal family is tantamount to treason and thus punishable by death. Joffrey even tells Cersei that after she slaps him (though idk how canon it is.)

I also think the king (prince's) soldiers are obligated to obey him, especially if the king is (apparently) attacked. I guess Im a Sandor fan, but Im glad he got to go free, and look after Arya for a little while. But your right. The trial by combat things are pretty stupid!

Archived