The best names.

Stannis Baratheon

It's really the perfect martial name. Do a fill-in-the-blanks with the first name of any other character in the series with this phrase and tell me which one inspires the most dread:

"_________ is coming to kill us all."

HINT: the answer is Stannis.

Hodor

Targaryen and Baratheon are ultra cool names.

But some Targ names sound like Martin simply threw letters randomly: Jaehaerys, Rhaenyra, etc. He overcomplicated it after Rhaegar.

Jon Snow has a delicate vibe about it.

Oberyn Martell sounds like he can kick your ass.

Doran Martell sounds like he can kick your ass... playing chess.

Targaryen and Baratheon are ultra cool names.

But some Targ names sound like Martin simply threw letters randomly: Jaehaerys, Rhaenyra, etc. He overcomplicated it after Rhaegar.

Jon Snow has a delicate vibe about it.

Oberyn Martell sounds like he can kick your ass.

Doran Martell sounds like he can kick your ass... playing chess.

I'm utterly flabbergasted that you didn't say anything about JonCon!

Are you feeling OK? Has the earthquakes rattled you up? You should be far enough away from Villarrica that the fumes should be affecting you. :p

I'm utterly flabbergasted that you didn't say anything about JonCon!

Are you feeling OK? Has the earthquakes rattled you up? You should be far enough away from Villarrica that the fumes should be affecting you. :P

:lol: Well, Jon Connington is a name that exists in our reality. There was a Lord John Connington somewhere, with living descendants. I found out--- erm... by mistake.

:lol: Well, Jon Connington is a name that exists in our reality. There was a Lord John Connington somewhere, with living descendants. I found out--- erm... by mistake.

Ha!

Somewhat related. My name is John but being on here so much and typing Jon so freaking often, I have caught myself spelling my own damn name wrong when signing emails or electronic documents! Every time I blame Lord Snow or JonCon! Then I curse myself for being an addict...I picture myself like this.

Ha!

Somewhat related. My name is John but being on here so much and typing Jon so freaking often, I have caught myself spelling my own damn name wrong when signing emails or electronic documents! Every time I blame Lord Snow or JonCon! Then I curse myself for being an addict...I picture myself like this.

The same is happening to me when writing Rachel. I instinctively type RHAEchel. (Rachel is not my name... but some day I might start typing myself as Aedith, haa)

So many of the names are great.

Unlike many names in fantasy series, Many of the ASOIAF names are ones that I could conceivably see medieval English people having, even if they exist no more (Barristan, Roose, Edmure, etc.)

My favorites?

1. Roose Bolton

2. Sandor Clegane

3. Stannis Baratheon.

4.Gendry

Archived