How many Freys deserve to die?

Everyone seems to be quite angry with the Freys. But my question is, how many of them deserve to die?

Surely the people like Walder, Black Walder and the others do.

But what about people like Gatehouse ami, Fat Walda, Jinglebell etc?

I for one think Jinglebell and the Frey at end of Storm of swords should have lived.

What? But why?

Why should Freys have to take a bastard name even if they are not bastards? why not just hang the guilty parties and let everything be as is?

You can't tell me Gatehouse Ami, the Lady of Darry deserves anything to happen to her..

Its better to be a bastard than a Frey.

And I don't think the Rosby batch will mind taking that name over the most vile house in Westeros history.

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Maybe the people who planned it and the peoplewho prticipated in the killing.

^Nope. The Freys aren't the worst House in history.

And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Thanks Gandalf :lol: . I think the Frey hate is a bit exaggerated personally. I mean.. it was all cleverly done wasn't it? It certainly taught the Starks a lesson.. about not being too high and mighty..

Freys are stupid kinslayers. They'll do themselves in, no worries. What I'm concerned about is the Frey with a Tully name.

This unborn child is the direct outcome and reason for the RW. It's future will be wealth, lordship and proof of Walders genius. It's life will be a Lannister solution to the Riverlands and a probable death for Edmure, and if the child lives the children of Catelyn will not inherent Riverrun... but how can I wish for the death of an unborn child? Edmures own.

If the Freys 'deserve' to die, then so do a lot of other people in Planetos, just something to think about if posters want to be consistent across the board.

Yes, indeed. Your point?

Of course we could discuss the morality of capital punishment, but assuming capital punishment is viable, a lot of Freys are on that particular list.

Maybe one or two I'd let live. Robb's squire would be one I'd keep alive. Merrett Frey was a scum bag though and took part in the RW. So I'm rather happy Cat got rid of him. Perywn is another one I'd allow to live.

Yes, indeed. Your point?

Of course we could discuss the morality of capital punishment, but assuming capital punishment is viable, a lot of Freys are on that particular list.

Oh I was just thinking out loud I guess at the phrase 'deserved to die'. I understand that the Frey's killed Robb (whom I loved, and most do), but in every situation in the books, maybe the wrong done was not to someone we all loved so much. Just pointing out that if the Frey's deserve to die then we should apply that reasoning to all situations.

Like for instance If someone took revenge on the Freys and marched into the Twins taking names and hacking off heads, maybe a lot of us would consider that person a hero for avenging Robb, but fans of the Freys might not look at it that way. (if there are any)

Oh I was just thinking out loud I guess at the phrase 'deserved to die'. I understand that the Frey's killed Robb (whom I loved, and most do), but in every situation in the books, maybe the wrong done was not to someone we all loved so much. Just pointing out that if the Frey's deserve to die then we should apply that reasoning to all situations.

It's not so much the fact that they killed Robb that annoys me, it's the scum bag way they went about doing it.

Like for instance If someone took revenge on the Freys and marched into the Twins taking names and hacking off heads, maybe a lot of us would consider that person a hero for avenging Robb, but fans of the Freys might not look at it that way. (if there are any)

That's why I favor a proper trial. Lady Stoneheart got exactly the right idea.

That's why I favor a proper trial. Lady Stoneheart got exactly the right idea.

Well sure, in a situation where a trial is possible I agree. I guess I am just pointing out that opinions on 'deserving death' constantly changed based on which characters we prefer. Like even though I like him I think Jaime might deserve death for pushing Bran out the window just as much as Walder Frey does. ya know, then maybe you will see a poster in this thread saying yes for sure, kill the Freys, but then they have a completely different opinion wrt a character they dont hate as much as Walder for what he did to Robb.

Everyone deserves to die. Un-life is not so great.

LOL good point.

Archived