Best Acted Scenes in GoT

Bustard

Some great ones already mentioned here. Nikolaj in the bath and in chains and frankly anywhere knocks it out of the park every chance he gets. Charles Dance is brilliant in every scene he has. Cowing Joffrey in the throne room and at the small council meeting where he sends the king to bed are great examples in addition to the iconic butchering scene. Michelle Fairley nails Catelyn as perfectly as could be hoped. Some unsung heroes and scenes I believe deserve mention include.

Harry Lloyd as Viserys, the bath tub scene discussing the dragon skeletons and the fall of his house as a means of seduction was great work.

Francis Magee as Yoren, his scene with Arya discussing his brother's murder and his vengeance is epic.

Don't think it's possible to give Sean Bean enough credit for Ned. He's what made the show that first season and he captures the grimness and the sense of duty and family that make the character of Ned Stark so compelling to read in the books.

Donald Sumpter as Maester Luwin is pitch perfect, his death scene with the also great Natalia Tena is still an acting high point of the show for me.

Paul Kaye as Thoros is perfect, it's a hard line to walk because Thoros is both kind of a fun guy and a very serious warrior and religious zealot but Kaye walks it perfectly moment to moment.

Peter Dinklage gets plenty of love for his ability but with good cause. The Tysha scene in the first season is perfect, a personal favorite of mine is the scene of the next day preparing to go off to battle where he asks Shae to weep for him if he dies. She responds how will you know if I weep you'll be dead. Peter just pours every aspect of Tyrion into a two line reading of "I'll know".

Carice Van Houten & Stephen Dillane are perfect for their respective roles, the scene after the blackwater where Stannis chokes Mel is brilliantly acted.

No words exist to describe the incredible work that Jerome Flynn, Natalia Tena, & Rory McCaan bring to every scene they have.

"One way or another Cersei always gets what she wants"

"And what about what I want?"

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

Next best would be Karl Tanner calling Craster a "Bastard". His body and facial expressions say so much than any words could. You can see he is struggling to hold it back but he still thinks to hell with this, I'm a hundred miles north of the wall, just survived an Other/Wight attack while this sour a-hole is withholding food and laughing at us starving. In my opinion he was on par with Charles Dance for taking command of a scene. He would have made a terrifying Ramsey. One that would make your skin crawl when he toyed with Reek.

Tyrion "confessing his crimes" in Season 4 is easily the best acted scene I've seen on this show or any other tv show for that matter. That scene where he finally let's all his anger out literally gave me goosebumps......Peter Dinklage is simply amazing....

and also Michelle Fairley during the Red Wedding was fantastic as well.

Burn Gorman is so underrated imo he played Karl Tanner very well. Also Charles Dance was a force to be reckoned with in every scene he had. He was awesome as Tywin and is the reason i strangely liked Tywin.

Karl Tanner's scenes were all very good.

A lot of the best scenes have came in dungeons actually. Ned/Varys, Tyrion/Oberyn, Jaimes/Cat (kind of) and the Stannis/Davos scene was one of the few show Stannis scenes which I really liked.

Charles Dance can't get enough praise though, he killed it in every single scene.

Alfie Allen also has some superb scenes. The mini-breakdown he had when "playing" Theon Greyjoy was brilliant brought across. His execution of Rodrik was very powerful too.

Some great ones already mentioned here. Nikolaj in the bath and in chains and frankly anywhere knocks it out of the park every chance he gets. Charles Dance is brilliant in every scene he has. Cowing Joffrey in the throne room and at the small council meeting where he sends the king to bed are great examples in addition to the iconic butchering scene. Michelle Fairley nails Catelyn as perfectly as could be hoped. Some unsung heroes and scenes I believe deserve mention include.

Harry Lloyd as Viserys, the bath tub scene discussing the dragon skeletons and the fall of his house as a means of seduction was great work.

Francis Magee as Yoren, his scene with Arya discussing his brother's murder and his vengeance is epic.

Don't think it's possible to give Sean Bean enough credit for Ned. He's what made the show that first season and he captures the grimness and the sense of duty and family that make the character of Ned Stark so compelling to read in the books.

Donald Sumpter as Maester Luwin is pitch perfect, his death scene with the also great Natalia Tena is still an acting high point of the show for me.

Paul Kaye as Thoros is perfect, it's a hard line to walk because Thoros is both kind of a fun guy and a very serious warrior and religious zealot but Kaye walks it perfectly moment to moment.

Peter Dinklage gets plenty of love for his ability but with good cause. The Tysha scene in the first season is perfect, a personal favorite of mine is the scene of the next day preparing to go off to battle where he asks Shae to weep for him if he dies. She responds how will you know if I weep you'll be dead. Peter just pours every aspect of Tyrion into a two line reading of "I'll know".

Carice Van Houten & Stephen Dillane are perfect for their respective roles, the scene after the blackwater where Stannis chokes Mel is brilliantly acted.

No words exist to describe the incredible work that Jerome Flynn, Natalia Tena, & Rory McCaan bring to every scene they have.

:agree:

And I missed putting the Tysha scene in my previous post. Damn.

I love it so much.

And Iwan Rheon deserves special mentioning. He's just great as Ramsay.

Of course, I wouldn't miss my namesake. Yeah. Tywin's actor. Charles Dance. Awesome as f*ck.

Tyrion "confessing" during his trial is incomparable.

Oberyn telling Tyrion he will be his champion would be second, imo.

The Hound and his chickens was great.

These are all bad ass scenes but it easy to shine as an actor if the words you are given are that good.

I personally liked the Stannis & Renly parley the most. It is the only time I like Renly. He is pleading to Stannis that Stannis comes to his' senses and he doesn't have to kill him. And the slight despair he shows when he realizes he has to kill his own brother who he thinks is delusional.

The parley was really nicely acted, I agree.

There's another scene I'd like to point out.

Remember Joffers getting slapped by Tyrion for the second time? After/during the riot in KL?

I thought Peter was really trying hard to restrain himself - to deliver another slap. Talked to my best friends about it, and she also thought so.

Tywin and Olenna "sword swallower" scene was good, Dianna Rigg and Charles Dance class really came out there

Obviously Fairley at the Red Wedding was good, though have to say the Walder Frey depictions have been fantastic

Reek at Moat Cailin was good, just the way Alfie was able to give the impression of facade and then switch to cracking up

Sean Bean disagreeing over killing Dany and storming out of Council meeting

Dany double-crossing Krasnyz was nicely done

Have to say Joffrey and Arya at the Trident, Jack Gleeson nailed the switch to a petulant rage

Tyrion at his trial, though I didn't like the Bold and Beutiful stare-off at the end

Littlefinger/Varys IT scenes, the only time Aidan Gillen voice is justified, outside of that he has to act natural rather than put on the scheming voice

And of course last but not least Tyrion confessing to his crimes at the Eyrie was hilarious

Tywin and Olenna "sword swallower" scene was good, Dianna Rigg and Charles Dance class really came out there

Obviously Fairley at the Red Wedding was good, though have to say the Walder Frey depictions have been fantastic

Reek at Moat Cailin was good, just the way Alfie was able to give the impression of facade and then switch to cracking up

Have to say Joffrey and Arya at the Trident, Jack Gleeson nailed the switch to a petulant rage

Tyrion at his trial, though I didn't like the Bold and Beutiful stare-off at the end

Littlefinger/Varys IT scenes, the only time Aidan Gillen voice is justified, outside of that he has to act natural rather than put on the scheming voice

And of course last but not least Tyrion confessing to his crimes at the Eyrie was hilarious

There are several scenes on your list I also like.

:thumbsup:

I think the acting in this show is amazing. There are so many actors that do an incredible job. The only ones I don't see enough love for are the portrayals of Ramsey and Reek. I think they capture the relationship better than the script does at some points. Like the show having the Ramsey/ Miranda relationship when in the book the only one Ramsey is really comfortable with is Reek. These actors played off of each other so well.

I completely agree with Jaimes moment in the bath with Brienne. That was majestic. I think Theon is underrated, he is acted extremely well especially considering what happens to him. Otherwise I think Maisie Williams is consistently amazing with Arya. So happy she's in the last of us movie, I think she has a bright future. Wouldn't it be great if they managed to get Daniel Day Lewis in the show?

I always completely forget about the other time Tyrion "confessed his crimes" lol

And my favorite Dany scene is definitely double crossing Krasnyz "Dracarys mother f....."

"Play with her arse..."

Seriously, even though in books is more comical, and here's played with a serious tone, I loved Oberyn and Tyrion's final conversation. Idem for Bronn and Tyrion, who was identical to the book, word by word.

I love all of Nikolaj's scenes. He manages to be quite good at both serious moments and funny ones. The scene when he and Brienne say goodbye is perfect.

I feel that any scene with Maisie Williams, have turned to gold. I can not think of one moment, where she has failed to deliver. She is one hell of talented actress and she seems to just be one of those people, who is larger than life in interviews I've seen.

Archived