Dating 23: Post your dating inquiries here

Nox - rock on :)

Speaking of hair color, though...my hairstylist has warned me that I'm at 50% grey, and once I get to around 75%, we will need to compensate for the grey, rather than just color it my natural color (one shade away from black).

This means going blonde, over time, so when the grey comes in at the roots, it blends. I am DEVASTATED.

I really like my dark hair, and it will be sad.

Of course, my hair could just hang out at 50% for a long time, leaving this a moot point, but it's something for which I must be prepared.

Don't even mention the option of not fighting nature tooth and claw, and "accepting" my grey. That is not me!!!

The issue is that with dark hair, the new hair is really noticeable very quickly, I guess?

That's really a pain in the ass. I know my mom has been dyeing her hair forever, and she has/had a dark chestnut brown color. Very pretty. She has to do it (herself) fairly often, but if you can stomach the over-the-counter products, it's fairly painless. Just go a bit lighter than you think you want. The results are pretty good, IMHO. That is, if you're dead set against going grey.

Try it out some time when you have a week off or so, so if it's blood-curdling horrible, you can get in and have it fixed. :)

ETA: and to hell with anyone who says you should just live with what Nature/God gave you. What are we, animals?

:P

Yo, technical question. Pretty sure I know the answer, but not 100%.

Is it possible to use Tinder without having the Facebook app on your phone? I'm fine with having a Facebook account, I'm fine with Tinder being linked to it (well, if by fine, we mean that I've accepted that as part of the activation energy), and the Tinder app obviously goes on your phone. But do you need to dl the Facebook app? I would really rather not.

I guess I should become a bodybuilder if that's what women find appealing.

In my case, I actually find it very unappealing. But, he was a really great guy with really similar values and goals to my own. He could have looked like anything and I'd have been into him, there was way more to him as a person than his body. The reason I didn't decide to get into a serious relationship with him is we are close friends and colleagues, which was more important to me than a romantic situation. But, a guy could also look like anything and disinterest me with snide comments about how if they're single, it's some fault in what women want.

No, I didn't miss it. But a change in dyeing may well lead to unexpected results.

My father had his dyeing done by a professional, too. Didn't work out for him.

And I'm not saying the change has to turn out bad - far from it! You may well look great as a blonde. And if so, great for you! I'm just a natural pessimist and already thinking about what might go wrong, and how to proceed if that happens.

In my case, I actually find it very unappealing. But, he was a really great guy with really similar values and goals to my own. He could have looked like anything and I'd have been into him, there was way more to him as a person than his body. The reason I didn't decide to get into a serious relationship with him is we are close friends and colleagues, which was more important to me than a romantic situation. But, a guy could also look like anything and disinterest me with snide comments about how if they're single, it's some fault in what women want.

Those are all traits that are of more importance than looks. Being close friends and especially colleagues would make me think twice as well. I wouldn't want anything someone who blames others for lack of interest in them.

MSJ - how does she feel about dancing? Going to lessons can be great fun, I didn't think I liked it then discovered I really loved it and that was doing it solo, going with a partner makes it even better. I can't anymore due to medical based balance issues, but that's one I'd suggest.

Chats - I can't imagine you blonde or it looking as good, personally I'll just accept the roots or get it done more often when I get there, I'm never going blonde. I will however try light lilac/lavender at some point which requires bleaching it that much lol, might hide the greys. Can't do that while I'm trying to get it super long though.

Chats I am mentally willing away your greys. I would HATE having to go blonde. I feel you on that.

Still no call. It is a busy holiday weekend and there's about ten pretty big weddings happining this weekend too. If I hear nothing by next weekend then I'm just going to call him. Fuck this tower-waiting princess game.

Nox, *cheers*

Nora, I side with the girls. It sounds like manipuative behavior to me. So sorry. :grouphug:

As to going out on dates with wife, GOOD FOR YOU! We have a weekly paper here that lists the classes, club meetings, weekend softball stuff, dance classes, etc. Check and see if your paper has a list like this and pick something out together.

Your balls do shrink though, and the risk of flaccid penis drastically increases.

Yup your balls shrink thus making your penis look bigger! the latter is only true with certain types of drugs, most steroids actually increase sex drive and performance.

Hey I've only been a redhead for a year, I was purple before that and I intend to go all sorts of crazy colours. I do like that you see me that way though ;) Even if I don't think of myself as fiery lol.

Archived