Heresy 158

Black Crow

My bad re Maslyn. I was speed reading on my way out the door. As to the last paragraph, there is no contrary evidence. Rather, what you are pointing out is additional evidence. It may be that wights are created in other situations beyond the Wall, but there is not denying the fact that, as the annals state, those who fall in battle to white walkers rise again as their thralls. We've seen it. And we've never seen anything to suggest this isn't true. I'm of the mind the Others bring the cold, and have weaponized it. This would explain non-ww slain wights. Whatever the cause of those other wights may be, Waymar and Small Paul prove the annals remain accurate.

I think we can even take the annals a step further, and assume that those who die in battle with a white walker, those who die in battle with a wight, those who die from the cold they bring (weaponized), rise again as their thralls.

We can also, safely assume the same is not true for heat, nor those who fall in battle with a dragon. As fire seems to break the spell. This is why I don't care for the term "fire-wights" that gets tossed around. There's no such thing as a fire-wight. (This is just a general statement wolfmaid, I'm not directing this towards you.)

This is another area where the parallels with R'llhorism end. Those who fall in battle to Mel's shadowbabies also do not rise again.

Archived