iZombie on the CW

MisterOJ

So did anyone else watch the first episode last night? I thought it was kinda cute. It's not the type of show I'd normally tune in for, but it came on right after Flash and I just stuck around to see how it was. I was pleasantly surprised. It had plenty of flaws to be sure, but I thought the characters were fun (for the most part) and I'll probably stick around and see how the next few episodes turn out before making up my mind totally.

So did anyone else watch the first episode last night? I thought it was kinda cute. It's not the type of show I'd normally tune in for, but it came on right after Flash and I just stuck around to see how it was. I was pleasantly surprised. It had plenty of flaws to be sure, but I thought the characters were fun (for the most part) and I'll probably stick around and see how the next few episodes turn out before making up my mind totally.

This is a show that might take a little bit to find itself but given it's coming from Rob Thomas and how good Veronica Mars is, I expect this to be good as well. I heard there are flaws in the early going but I suspect they'll work them out.

This is a show that might take a little bit to find itself but given it's coming from Rob Thomas and how good Veronica Mars is, I expect this to be good as well. I heard there are flaws in the early going but I suspect they'll work them out.

Rob thomas and Veronica Mars is the main reason I'll try and check this out. I was wondering if they'd tie it into Arrow and Flash?

I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I do wish that her psychic powers only let her see things that the brains she ate saw (the final scene implied that that is not the case).

It's based on a vertigo (DC's mature reader imprint) comic so could go either way.

I saw that and immediately thought, how long is it going to be until every show on the CW is a comic adaptation?

I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. I do wish that her psychic powers only let her see things that the brains she ate saw (the final scene implied that that is not the case).

Did it? I thought that scene was basically the last thing the victim saw before she died?

I thought the thing about if she eats brains she stays sane, but if she goes without she turns into the mindless kind of zombie is a good excuse for why she's not like every other zombie ever in being a mindless insatiable beast all the time. Except of course the zombies in 'What We Do In The Shadows'.

I would quite like it if it turns out she doesn't heal from stuff, so she can't just go getting shot and damaged all the time and come out looking normal, albeit rather pale. She doesn't re-die of course, but her body shouldn't do magicky heal-y stuff. It should be like Death Becomes Her in that respect.

The show seems like it will be fun as long as it embraces its cheesyness and has fun with it.

Echoing the sentiment that this seems like the answer to the age old question "what if Veronica Mars had been a zombie?", which isn't bad at all as I really liked Veronica Mars.

I think there's a lot of promise in the setup and some of the characters worked right from the outset, especially Liv's boss.

Yeah I quite like this beginning of a story. It's fun, nice, fresh (well, except for some characters) and an interesting concept.

I would nitpick that sex scenes between zombies should be theorically impossible (well, at least for men, you know, we cant really get that working without a beating heart) so I hope the show wont go that road.

Yeah I quite like this beginning of a story. It's fun, nice, fresh (well, except for some characters) and an interesting concept.

I would nitpick that sex scenes between zombies should be theorically impossible (well, at least for men, you know, we cant really get that working without a beating heart) so I hope the show wont go that road.

10BPM is still technically a beating heart, it might just take a few more beats to get things fully functional. Either that or a quirk of being undead could be certain things in a permanent state of rigor mortis.

I do hope Liv's monologues will stop reminding us that she's a zombie every 10 minutes.

I'm glad it's not just detective zombie, and that there will be an ongoing plot running through the show. I wish it was a bit harder for her to turn off full on zombie mode. But this is supposed to be lightweight zombie lite, not walking dead lite, so one should not expect too much in the zombie mode department from the star of the show.

Well I feel that iZombie is typically the type of show that starts lightly and all but if it ever reach a second or a third season, I bet you things will get darker. You cant sustain that kind of story in a comedy format without developing some stuff that must pay off in interesting ways. The raging-mode is a pure exemple of that and playing (for a while at least) on the difficulty of controling it and the personal intensity it requires could lead to some dark places.

Archived