What words do you use on social media?

Fragile Bird

Don't have an fb or a twitter.

I am part of of couple of other social media forums, one of which is just a few close friends. That one is the most personal. We talk about the weather a great deal, in a serious way, its effect on gardening, for instance, transportation, the price and availability of food, climate change, evacuation when necessary due to hurricanes and flooding.

The other ones and my blog -- are almost entirely devoted to history, books, writing, publishing, libraries, research, television, music, travel, films, and some social issues. Mostly everything is history based or related in some way.

I think what I post most frequently on FB is "happy birthday, have a great day!" or some variant of that.

I rarely post anything other than that, tbh. I don't really use it too much.

I make it a rule not to post on other people's pages - I want to have control over what I have written on mine and I respect their right to control what they want on theirs. Of course I know that many people post birthday wishes there, but that also seems quite impersonal to me. I usually send a private message to wish happy birthday.

I do not post on my page a lot either, though. But now I just realised somebody actually shared my post, I had no idea I was that interesting. :lol: (And it did not have any words from the OP, in any language, in it.)

I don't post on facebook much anymore and I don't use twitter or any other social forum. I think the most frequent words are Happy Birthday, and the equivalent in my language.

My most used expression is probably this smiley: :D or this :P I keep it short.

I make it a rule not to post on other people's pages - I do not want to have control over what I have written on mine and I respect their right to control what they want on theirs. Of course I know that many people post birthday wishes there, but that also seems quite impersonal to me. I usually send a private message to wish happy birthday.

I do not post on my page a lot either, though. But now I just realised somebody actually shared my post, I had no idea I was that interesting. :lol: (And it did not have any words from the OP, in any language, in it.)

I use Facebook walls to post birthday messages to the people who birthday message me, but whom I'm not in regular personal contact with.

Otherwise, my Facebook wall consists exclusively of photos etc that I've been tagged in from other people. I think my last status update was in 2010. I wonder if people still think I'm skiing...

I have a Twitter, I think.

Yeah, what Leap said. It's mostly to keep in some form of contact with people I don't see much anymore, kind of to let them know I still think of them now and again. People I am closer to I generally give a more substantial message, whether that is in a PM or by text/phone call/birthday card if I have their contact details.

Archived