Valonqar?

Tyrion The Huge

this is one of those topics where i feel like people over think it with time. even though its the more anti-climactic answer, i have a feeling its going to be jaime. personally, my favorite pick would be the hound as the valonqar with sansa as the younger, more beautiful 'queen' (not in a them getting together way, just that if the hound returns i think itll be centered around sansa somehow).

this is one of those topics where i feel like people over think it with time. even though its the more anti-climactic answer, i have a feeling its going to be jaime. personally, my favorite pick would be the hound as the valonqar with sansa as the younger, more beautiful 'queen' (not in a them getting together way, just that if the hound returns i think itll be centered around sansa somehow).

The hound being the valqonar would make absolutely no sense since he's "dead" and has no reason to go back to KL, not to mention no reason for killing her.

Various theories for Valonqar and younger, more beautiful queen:

Cersei's theory: Tyrion + Margaery
Obivous theory: Jaime + Sansa

Popular theory: Stannis + Danaerys

Alternate theory:(f/r)Aegon + Arianne

Any possible combination of these or something completely surprising are all possible with GRRM though.

^ The Hound is like 100 miles from KL, not very far at all, and he is obviously not dead.

However, any theory other than Tommen, Jaime, Tyrion, or Stannis is nonsensical. As unlikely as Tommen is, he obviously qualifies and I read a decent theory once that Cersei will kill him as foreshadowed by her actions at the Blackwater and he will then rise as a wight and strangle her to death as that seems to be how wights kill.

The hound being the valqonar would make absolutely no sense since he's "dead" and has no reason to go back to KL, not to mention no reason for killing her.

Sandor Clegane is very likely to still be alive. There is much online speculation that he is the gravedigger Brienne sees while on the Quiet Isle in a Feast for Crows. As for him being the valonqar, people suggest this because he is the little brother of Gregor Clegane, which technically makes him a valonqar (little brother) candidate. In my mind, Jaime is the clear candidate for being the valonqar, strangling Cersei with his golden hand . As for Sandor Clegane, I do think he will be heading to King's Landing eventually, as he has a date with an undead older brother that he has a duty to slay with a flaming, or valyrian, but probably flaming sword.

i did say in my post that i think its going to be jaime. the hound would just be a personal favorite choice because hes one of my favorite characters. its not as strong of a case as jaime, tyrion or maybe tommen but there are plenty of people who believe he could play a role in the prophecy if he returns.

^ The Hound is like 100 miles from KL, not very far at all, and he is obviously not dead.

However, any theory other than Tommen, Jaime, Tyrion, or Stannis is nonsensical. As unlikely as Tommen is, he obviously qualifies and I read a decent theory once that Cersei will kill him as foreshadowed by her actions at the Blackwater and he will then rise as a wight and strangle her to death as that seems to be how wights kill.

I agree except for Tommen. One Tommen will be dead by then (despite the wights explanation). And Two the quotes says this:

Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

THE Valonqar.. not a Valonqar. Not any little brother qualifies, it has to be the little brother of the two people she is talking about, Robert and Cersie. So it's Jaime,Tyrion, Stannis or Renly... and Renly is dead.

I think the whole reason Maggy (and GRRM) used Valyrian is to create ambiguity.

If she had said "your twin brother, Jaime" we would know exactly who she meant. Or "your vertically challenged little brother, Tyrion." She didn't say "your little brother." She said "the Volanqar." So beautifully unclear!

I don't believe we are forced to keep the pool of candidates small.

My pet crackpot is that it is a missing or an unacknowledged Lannister (bastard of Tywin, bastard of Tytos, legit child of Tytos, Gerion). Petyr Baelish was born within a year of Tytos' death, and we know Tywin had Tytos' mistress paraded through Lannisport naked right after Tytos died.

I like to think it is Littlefinger. I want "valanqor" to be slang for pinky finger.

If Tywin raped Tytos' mistress, any child really would be Cercei's little brother or sister.

Kevan insists that the woman was not harmed, only paraded about the streets. But we know what Tywin did to Tysha, and he might not share everything with Kevan. He was sleeping with Shae, so who knows what else he did.

Crackpot, I know. Littlefinger did kill Joff, he leaked the incest, he manipulated Joff to behead Ned, and he framed Tyrion. He would treat Cercei like Lysa if it ever came to it.

Archived