GRRM confirms we're seeing... [spoilers for tWoW]

Allying with the Lannisters might not have been popular with some of their bannermen. If we see them turning on the Tyrells then they might be forced to keep to their alliance with Casterly Rock or potentially see their fortunes and titles stripped from them. If that were the case then we might see Highgarden through the eyes of Cersei if she absconds with Tommen from the capital.

Bet you anything that we see the Rock through her eyes though.

Watching that clip, he also says Casterly Rock. This isn't necessarily going to be in TWOW, but definitely before the series is over.

A LOT can happen over the course of TWOW and ADOS. I think everyone is thinking in terms of 10 minutes after the end of ADWD.

Possible POVs in Highgarden (assuming no new POVs are added):

Samwell (isn't his home somewhere near Highgarden?)

Daenerys (with dragons she could be anywhere in the seven kingdoms relatively quickly)

Bran (he can see anywhere via trees)

Jon Connington (if his conquest is successful he will inevitably end up in Highgarden)

Possible POVs in Casterly Rock:

Cersei (she might flee to CR if KL is sacked)

Tyrion (at the very end he may be named Lord of Casterly Rock)

Daenerys (same as above, with Dragons she can be anywhere)

Jamie (he might need to return home for some reason)

Davos (If Stannis is successful in taking the north, they may end up this far south)

I would love to see new areas. I am not interested in any new areas in Essos, but there are many places left to be visited in the books in Westeros. I would also like something to happen in Sotheros, but that seems very unlikely unless Dany's dragons misbehave and take her there.

Didn't GRRM say that in TWOW prologue we will see Robb's wife, Jenny? I can't remember now where she was headed, but I don't think it'll be near Highgarden. I don't remember where I saw this info, though. Maybe I'm misremembering?

In any case, my money is on JonCon to be the POV. He's not that far off geographically.

Maybe JonCon will be sent there as an emissary for fAegon - I can't see Damphair there and I also don't think fAegon would take an army there straightaway

I agree with you about JonCon, but I feel that Aegon will take Highgarden by force. I think we'll see the castle under siege first, and then get a better look once it's taken\ surrendered.

As I remember it...he didn't say we would have no POVs except from established POVs.. He said we would have no new POVs (slight pause) from characters we haven't met yet.

But there are many characters that we've met who haven't yet had a POV.

Maybe JonCon will be sent there as an emissary for fAegon - I can't see Damphair there and I also don't think fAegon would take an army there straightaway

I agree on the envoy but I think it will be Arianne, either to bind Highgarden to Aegon or against him. And they will seal the bond with marriage. We are approaching a stage like the one before Roberts rebellion, a lot of single heirs to houses and a lot of alliances to be made. It will be speed marrying.

Willas likes Dorne, he corresponded with Oberyn and Arianne has already eloped to try to marry him.

Besides, lady Olen a is in Highgarden, hurray!

These's also the possibility that Dragonbinder is blown while it's still owned by Euron. Anyone riding the summoned dragon might be whisked away to the Reach. Tyrion perhaps? Dany? Victarion himself would be funnier I think, but then he'd have to have become a dragonrider already without the benefit of the Horn, not very likely.

Near Highgarden we have Samwell (Oldtawn), Arianne (heading to Storm's End) and Jon Connighton (Storm's End).I find Jon the most possible as far as Martells are not welcome in Highgarden.Mathis Rowan is/heading to Storm's End now, so he could start the Targaryen-Tyrell negotiation.

Archived