GRRM confirms we're seeing... [spoilers for tWoW]

We can see HG via Sam POV. Maybe after Sacking Oldtown by Euron, they flee to HG. There i think Sam discovers something about the Tyrell plans which involves killing the Tarlys off.

That's what I was thinking, we'll get to see Highgarden via Sam. I think he'll be sent there by Sallera to get something that the Conclave wants, some kind of weapon or book or something kept at HG that will help them kill Dany's dragons. Sallera won't want the Conclave to get its hands on it.

I'm expecting to see some big moves by the Conclave after the setup in ADWD, the implication from Marwyn that it was the Conclave that kept the Targaryen dragon eggs from hatching after all the live dragons died, and that they do not want to see dragons loose in the world again period, and Lady Dustin's little speech to Theon about how the maesters secretly rule the lords and ladies of Westeros.

As I remember it...he didn't say we would have no POVs except from established POVs.. He said we would have no new POVs (slight pause) from characters we haven't met yet.

But there are many characters that we've met who haven't yet had a POV.

Do we have the exact quote somewhere? Anywhere? Seems to me Olenna is the obvious choice. Or Loras, maybe he isn't to injured as Cersei was lead to believe. Or Margaery if she flees KL (though I can't see that).

Next best bets are indeed ironborn, be it the Damphair or an invading Euron.

If indeed the "no new POV" crowd has the better recollections than you or I, then it is likely JonCon or Arianne.

First, the ironborn ar going after oldtown. I think there is something in the citadel euron wants. Second, GRRM did say that Willas and Garlan will have much bigger roles to play in the next Two books so id bet we see it through Willas.

Seems to me Olenna is the obvious choice.

For a "Tyrell" POV she's indeed. Especially after GRRM explicitely said it's not Willas. Would also shed some light on Joff's (IMHO botched) death and other stuff. I think Loras will just pop up again somewhere unexpected (North, South, Essos, who knows) where there are already enough POVs, so I don't think it's him either.

ETA: The only thing that makes me a bit hesitant about Olenna is that when GRRM asked a fan at a convention who they would want as a Tyrell POV and the fan squealed out Olenna. GRRM's answer was: "Interesting." And as far as I know when GRRM says "Interesting" to a fan theory it actually means: "You're a dumbass." ;)

First, the Ironborn ar going after Oldtown.

Thank you. it always drives me bonker when people say Euron wants to invade Highgarden. I mean he is nuts but not that nuts.

For a "Tyrell" POV she's indeed. Especially after GRRM explicitely said it's not Willas. Would also shed some light in Joff's (IMHO botched) death and other stuff. I think Loras will just pop up again somewhere unexpected (North, South, Essos, who knows) where there are already enough POV's, so I don't think it's him either.

You think Joff's death was botched? What do you think was the original plan? How'd it go wrong? I'm curious

I'm one of those crazy folks that would love it if it turns out that Tyrion was the actual (or at least additional) target for the poison. Either from Littlefinger and the Tyrells working together or two different murder plots colliding at the Purple Wedding.

Olenna really seems like the best choice (all the Egg era gossip she could provide!), but a Garlan POV has a lot of potential, especially if it revealed that it was really him who put the poison in the cup

Anyhow, I think the Damphair is the right guy for the job, but for the life of me I can't think why he would willingly go to Highgarden. To warn them about Euron and make common cause with them? I don't know, he's far too proud and despises the greenlanders too much for that. Besides, it doesn't fit with what he said he would do the last time anyone saw him, which was raise the smallfolk of the Isles.

Here's my guess: after retaking the Shields, the Redwynes launch an attack on the Iron Islands, to give the Ironborn a taste of their own medicine. However, the only Greyjoy they manage to catch is the Damphair. Hoping (in vain) to use him as leverage against Euron, they take him in chains to Highgarden, mirroring in a way the time he was captured and taken to Casterly Rock

Prologue will indeed be Riverlands or Westerlands as GRRM confirmed that Jeyne Westerling will be in it (but not the POV). My guess is "Blackfish" for the prologue in an attempt to free Edmure. GRRM even said that for once the prologue POV might live. ;)

Could be Edmure himself too even. And if GRRM really wants to troll the fandom it's Roslin.

People have twisted the GRRM statement about new POV characters. He never said there wouldn't be new POV characters. He said there wouldn't be new *characters* as POVs. Therefore, a Tyrell could be the HG POV and live.

(mind you, they could also be the HG POV and die, but I digress)

Oh. I haven't noticed that, but still, the books already have about 18 POV characters, it needs to be a very good reason to add another one, me thinks. Anyway, that's what happened in Clash and Storm, the new POVs were characters we have already met, that only became a thing in Feast with Areo, Arianne, and later with Quentyn.

Could be Edmure himself too even. And if GRRM really wants to troll the fandom it's Roslin.

If Edmure dies, I will throw the book against the nearest wall.

I hope its both.

So we can finally get rid of house Tully!

Um, the trolling part would be actually them living despite being the Prologue POVs. Just think about it... Another Tully Frey POV.

Probably a Tyrell POV or Jon Connington...

I have a feeling Edric Storm is going to be connected to the Hightowers and Oldtown (maesters), so Highgarden might be a possibility for his story by means of the Florents... but that´s a long crackpot of mine, and it wouldn't be his POV either

Archived