The Americans v.2

MoIaF

Okay, I have 5 episodes to go and I'll be all caught up.

Season 1 - it was great, very well paced and each episode kept you engaged from start to finish. Good finale.

Season 2 - was a lot slower getting into its grove but the last few episodes were great.

Season 3 - it's much more like season 1 which kept you engaged much more so than season 2. Can't wait to see the rest of the episodes.

Renewed for Season 4 friends :)

Gotta love FX

Fuck yes! :bowdown:

Seriously, this show should get more love. The scenes between Elizabeth/Dignified Old Lady and Philip/Gabriel last episode were amongst the best scenes I've ever seen on TV. Just pure character interaction and top notch acting. Some shows run for ten years and don't even come close to reaching that level of awesome.

Renewed for Season 4 friends :)

Gotta love FX

Nice one

Fuck yes! :bowdown:

Seriously, this show should get more love. The scenes between Elizabeth/Dignified Old Lady and Philip/Gabriel last episode were amongst the best scenes I've ever seen on TV. Just pure character interaction and top notch acting. Some shows run for ten years and don't even come close to reaching that level of awesome.

Gotta spread the word to friends & co workers when you find a quality series. I'm still pissed off at Rubicon getting canned and it's over 4 years ago :angry:

Frigging Pastor Tim! Dude needs to keep his nose out of other people's business, but at least they didn't drag the secret out any longer. Paige was kinda getting annoying. I'm just curious if/when they're going to tell Gamer!Henry.

Nice one

Gotta spread the word to friends & co workers when you find a quality series. I'm still pissed off at Rubicon getting canned and it's over 4 years ago :angry:

Me too! That was a damn good show.

Re: tonight's episode...

I kept expecting Paige to ask more questions. I suppose that could be coming up and she's just in shock right now.

The actress who plays Paige is pretty good. The expression on her face when she realizes that her spy parents are friends with an FBI agent who lives right next door was PRICELESS.

And I honestly don't know how a sleeper cell consisting of a married couple could EVER have kids and be expected to last any amount of time. That way lies madness.

ETA: Crikeys! I almost forgot about Stan starting to suspect Martha of planting the bug in Beeman's pen! :uhoh:

I'm starting to have a really uneasy feeling about Stan because he's seeming like he's so screwed. He's been hanging out with Martha (gun range), he's living next door to spies and spends a lot of time with them to the point that he knows more about their kids than his own, he's now lying about his affair with Nina and being evasive with the investigator, and he had that set up last week with Oleg. All of this looks really bad on paper, especially if things start to get pieced together by someone.

I actually missed Martha this episode. It's a bit nerve wracking to not check in since she's sort of a potential loose canon right now. Between her and Paige...geez, did not expect them to tell Paige so soon. I almost thought it would be dragged out another season so it almost felt like a huge shock they told her even though we've been building up to this for so long. I'm guessing the phone thing was some sort of signal to someone to bug it? Monitor it? Could it be something even more invasive, like a signal to have someone tail Paige?

Oh. That was just him listening in to see if she'd pick up the phone and call the pastor or anyone.

I think he just left it off the hook then - maybe so she wouldn't be able to call if she wanted to. Although, I believe Philip knows Paige a lot better than his wife does.

Wonder if the KGB would have been able to tap their phone back in the day...

Great scene when they told Paige, but other than that this episode didn't really do much for me.

I'm having a really hard time understanding most of the spy shit they do. Who was the guy Elisabeth flirted with at the hotel? What was the old fart (Gabriel, is it?) talking about with Phillip about waiting for the Centre to send someone? The sound mixing seems to be screwed up in a lot of scenes, with the dialogue having a very low volume compared to the background noise etc.Granted, English isn't my native language, but I can watch most movies and tv shows without subtitles, so I don't think it's my English proficiency that's the problem.

I really loved how they shot that last scene with Stan coming in for dinner, Phillip clacking the knives around and Paige looking completely flustered, super tense and well done.

I thought it was nice to find out Stan was right about that Russian lady still being loyal to the Soviets, Does Arkday know it was Oleg who threatened her?

Archived