Dany and Robin alliance

voltron

I have two thoughts on the Vale, either Dany lands there "To go West, you must go East". The Vale being the East coast of Westeros covers that. Or Littlefinger offers Sansa to Aegon & a unholy super alliance between Littlefinger & Varys is born.... Gods Save Westeros if that happens.

I failed to make this connection, but it has just the right level of ambiguity (I always thought east meant the shadow lands, as this had far too cool a sounding name to be world build fluff)

I have a tough time following most of Lysa' logic, she was a bit out there, though I just look for little clues, like Jon' not having any children with his first two wives, and Robins name. Don't know if Martin is hinting at it or if it is what it is. It's one of those things I tend to leave open and wait on. If it is wrong I am not exactly out anything.

What about his name? Jon named him after Robert.

If you look at the world map. And plot an invasion of Westeros from Meereen you come to the realization that going first to the Vale is a bad move.

You would pass Sunspear, Storms End, Kings Landing and Dragonstone. All of this on an unknown alliance. And put yourself between the Armies of Stannis in the North. Lannisters in the Riverlands and the Tyrells in the Crownlands.

If one was going to go out of their way to make it to the Vale. Then one should go to Casterly Rock. You would be able to attack Lannisters and Tyrell. And so the Blackfyres.

I think the Vale is the first place Dany is going to land first, and since Robin is unwed, do you think a possible marriage between these two is possible. Besides, Robin is looking for a mother and is he's no threat to Dany, and the marriage would give Dany probably 45-50k men, including many great knights and a lot of money. I think Littlefinger's plan gonna fail and Robin is going to survive.

The boy's name is Robert. Sansa calls him Sweetrobin.

I suspect Petyr and Harry the heir will throw in with Aegon and Yohn will back Daenerys. I'm not sure Robert will survive the maid with purple serpents and maesters with sweetsleep and his step father's larger concerns.

I have two thoughts on the Vale, either Dany lands there "To go West, you must go East" The Vale being the East coast of Westeros covers that. Or Littlefinger offers Sansa to Aegon & a unholy super alliance between Littlefinger & Varys is born.... Gods Save Westeros if that happens.

I have a crazy thought that Qaith's advice "to go West, you must go East" means Dany will have to circumnavigate Planetos if she plans to quickly travel to Westeros from Slaver's Bay.

I have a crazy thought that Qaith's advice "to go West, you must go East" means Dany will have to circumnavigate Planetos if she plans to quickly travel to Westeros from Slaver's Bay.

I agree. And "pass under the shadow" works to because she would travel just south of Asshai

Who sits the Iron Throne won't mean a thing if forces are fighting each other for the right? They're involving themselves in something that's of small consequence considering all that's going on at The Wall. The way The South (through KL) always views The North is very likely to bring about its downfall as Westeros' seat of power.

The North seems to be caught as the piggy in the middle. When you think about it, whatever grievance The Others have almost parallels that of factions in The North. The purpose of The Wall is long forgotten. The same goes for NW. Does anyone know what purpose either really serve?

Think about this first, before you do anything else. What made The King In The North, Torrhen, bend his knee and offer Aegon.... not a sword, but a crown? Not just any crown. This was the ancient crown of The Kings Of Winter. Did Aegon recognise what this gesture really meant? The North wasn't conquered by Aegon. It's not a straightforward capitulation by submission either.

Through the alliance of Boltons and Freys, what have Lannisters really done? It's more than remove the Stark Dynasty.

Isn't the situation in The Vale almost a parallel of what was in place at the time of Aegon's Conquest? There was no military conquest here. it was settled by a boy-king asking to 'go flying with the lady'. Instead of a Queen Regent, there's now a Lord Protector.

How would LF react if Dany was to land, with Drogon, in The Vale, and a certain boy is 'ill, near to death'?

I'd love to see Sansa making the decisions should this happen. She'll have backing too. It won't matter if LF saw it coming or not.

Does this feel like it's got 'Tyrion returns home' written all over it? "Hello.... wife. By the way, Danaerys, Sansa is the elder Stark heir, by your decree." Maybe now we'll find out just how much Westerosi History she's been told.

Chances of an alliance between Dany and The Vale? I'd say probable. Marriage? No, because there are more pressing matters, like heading North.

Where are Dany's forces? Marching up through Dorne, taking out whoever stands against them. KL? Where's that? The blackened city? That was KL. Only ghosts live there, so I've heard.

wow allow me to eat crow. I COMPLETELY forgot the possible Tyrion connection. I still dont think its likely but if does happen it will have to go through Tyrion. Possibly he is the one to break through her hatred and make her see the truth of RR.

If she can accept Tyrion the son of Tywin Lannister as ally, then I see no problem wigh her allying with the Arryns and Starks.

If she can accept Tyrion the son of Tywin Lannister as ally, then I see no problem wigh her allying with the Arryns and Starks.

Yes. If anybody is willing to be stubborn enough to break through Danys thick head and make her see the truth of Aerys it would be Tyrion. Once she sees the truth she would be more likely to accept them as allies.

Yes. If anybody is willing to be stubborn enough to break through Danys thick head and make her see the truth of Aerys it would be Tyrion. Once she sees the truth she would be more likely to accept them as allies.

Up until Jaime's betrayal, The Lannisters and Targaryens where allies, I believe. All Dany knows is that her father was killed and the throne stolen from her line by the Baratheons, but I don't recall how much information she actually knows about Jaime and the Lannister betrayals. Probably just whatever Selmy and/or Jorah has told her.

Tyrion would be a powerful ally for Dany, and vice versa, as their overall goal is the same. Dany was the throne, and Tyrion wants to uproot his sister.

Up until Jaime's betrayal, The Lannisters and Targaryens where allies, I believe. All Dany knows is that her father was killed and the throne stolen from her line by the Baratheons, but I don't recall how much information she actually knows about Jaime and the Lannister betrayals. Probably just whatever Selmy and/or Jorah has told her.

Tyrion would be a powerful ally for Dany, and vice versa, as their overall goal is the same. Dany was the throne, and Tyrion wants to uproot his sister.

Well first, I think Tywin was neutral at this point. He had refused to do anything and I think the only reason he didn't do anything at first was because Aerys had Jaime and I think Tywin was pulling a "late walder frey". And second Barriston knows everything that happened. If he hasn't already he will tell her when Tyrion arrives. Its not secret what happened Jaime stabbed the king in the back and Tywin sacked kings landing and killed the targ children. I just find it hard to believe that between Viseyrs, Illerio, Jorah, and Barrisotn that she isnt aware of the Lannisters role.

Well first, I think Tywin was neutral at this point. He had refused to do anything and I think the only reason he didn't do anything at first was because Aerys had Jaime and I think Tywin was pulling a "late walder frey". And second Barriston knows everything that happened. If he hasn't already he will tell her when Tyrion arrives. Its not secret what happened Jaime stabbed the king in the back and Tywin sacked kings landing and killed the targ children. I just find it hard to believe that between Viseyrs, Illerio, Jorah, and Barrisotn that she isnt aware of the Lannisters role.

Viserys did tell her their father was killed by one of his own kingsguard which no doubly he knew it was Jaime. I'm certain he knew the details to Tywin's betrayal as well which he would have told Dany. And Barristan did tell her the murder of her goodsister and her children was "Lannister work" and that didn't phase her which means she is aware of their role in the rebellion.

This is definitely possible, the only thing that makes me doubt it is how long it may take her for the journey. Only two books left, but I think it's still a solid theory.

Mine goes, Vale to Casterly rock, to go east to west. Dorne(Possibly Starfall or TOJ site) to the North/Winterfell, to go South to North. Under the Shadow= Under the Wall.

I don't think a marriage between SR & Dany will be what solidifies the allegiance. I think it'll be more along the lines of when Visenya had the Vale submit. We're consistently told the Vale is impregnable and SR is enamored by flying. I could see Dany & Drogon landing and SR being so amazed by the dragon that he would want to "go fly with the lady".

Archived