Is Sansa Nisa Nisa?

Lord Damian

I'm of the opinion it doesn't need to be Jon's Nissa Nissa. Azor Ahai was a blacksmith, Jon isn't. The only sword he has had a hand in forging is Needle. What else has Jon 'made', nothing really. So if Jon doesn't have to make the sword why should the sacrifices be relevant to him too? Everyone is thinking about Nissa Nissa, no swords have killed a Lion yet either, be it an actual Lion or a Lannister.

I believe Ice is Lightbringer. Ned was water (being ice), a Lannister will get the pointy end of Widow's Wail, and Oathkeeper will get the Nissa Nissa of the person wielding it. Gendry puts the two halves back together and you have a union of Ice and Fire. The winter sword aflame.

I'm of the opinion it doesn't need to be Jon's Nissa Nissa. Azor Ahai was a blacksmith, Jon isn't. The only sword he has had a hand in forging is Needle. What else has Jon 'made', nothing really. So if Jon doesn't have to make the sword why should the sacrifices be relevant to him too? Everyone is thinking about Nissa Nissa, no swords have killed a Lion yet either, be it an actual Lion or a Lannister.

I believe Ice is Lightbringer. Ned was water (being ice), a Lannister will get the pointy end of Widow's Wail, and Oathkeeper will get the Nissa Nissa of the person wielding it. Gendry puts the two halves back together and you have a union of Ice and Fire. The winter sword aflame.

So, Lady's manner of death, the fates of the Stark kids and their wolves being intertwined, Sansa being moved into the North (major giveaway by HBO) are, well, meaningless? right?

Lady was killed as punishment, Nymeria was technically saved by Arya, not Lady. Lady wasn't sacrificed to spare Nymeria, her death wasn't a necessary evil. So this death was not a nissa-nissa parallel. If anything then Lady's death was the beginning of Sansa's disillusionment and a reason for her defiance against Ned.

Lady was killed as punishment, Nymeria was technically saved by Arya, not Lady. Lady wasn't sacrificed to spare Nymeria, her death wasn't a necessary evil. So this death was not a nissa-nissa parallel. If anything then Lady's death was the beginning of Sansa's disillusionment and a reason for her defiance against Ned.

to an extent yes, however, there could be more to it

Death is her character's destiny. It has to be.

This is one of the most foolish things I've heard on this site. Sansa's arc in the story is finally startying to be on the upswing (She's no longer a prisoner, she's starting to play the game a bit), thematically it makes no sense to kill Sansa since there would be no payoff for her story otherwise. And believe it or not GRMM doesn't just kill people randomly, all of his characters may be deconstructed, but are also still following typical story arcs. Just not the ones you are led to believe (Robb is the doomed young hero instead of the young avenging hero, Ned in a Detective Noir who gets in over his head and swallowed by his investigation instead of the strong but silent detective who overcomes all the evil plots, etc.)

It may not even be love, that is what happened before but a sacrafice is a sacrafice. Would Mel do it? Kill Sansa? What I am angling from is Lady's fate, Bran woke up as soon as Lady was killed and Ned had no idea that would happen. Jon may need waking up soon, if you know what I mean.

I would argue that Bran woke up because his vision with the 3 eyed crow. The crow pecks on his forehead and opens Bran's 'third eye' and that is when he woke up.

Jon may not be dead, just comatose like Bran, even if he is not either of these, the Nissa Nissa love thing is an open possibilty.

Regarding Sansa in TWOW. She must be having a lot written about her in this upcomming book. We have a lot of things leading to this.

1- The Mad Mouse is in the Vale and has been hired by Littlefinger. He has met "Allayne Stone" (Sansa in disguise) and he is eager to collect a the bounty from Cersei and Qyburn, all without Baelish's knowledge.

2- Myranda Royce may have figured out who she is and has a grudge against Harry the Heir, Alayne Stone's perspective betrothed. Her father hates Littlefinger too so there are motives abound to thwart them.

3- Briene told Jaime that Sansa is in the Vale and is going to be killed by the Hound. Well, we know Ladystoneheart spared Briene as she agreed to do something to or with Jaime in order to spare Podric but what if between that moment of reprieve, she gets new info that places Sansa in the Vale and she is truly attempting to save Sansa so she can save both Jaime (who I believe she loves) and her loyal squire, Podric (who is becoming like a little brother to her).

To everyone except Manderly and Glover and this would include lady Stoneheart, the Stark kids are all known dead except for Sansa and Jon Snow who is seemingly permanently sworn to the Night's watch. IF Sansa is obtained by friendly persons and a little help from Stannnis and loyal Stark Bannermen (The Boltons are gonners in TWOW), the North could be welcoming with open arms to a true Stark come home.

The Mad Mouse wants to collect the reward from Varys, not Cersei and Qyburn.

Bri does not tell Jamie that Sansa has been found in the Vale. She says about Sansa's location that she has found her "A day's ride. I can take you to her, ser...but you will need to come alone. Elsewise, the Hound will kill her."

Your theory doesn't have it's facts right. The show had Bran waking up when Lady died, nice visuals for the show, but it was the 3EC that woke Bran up in the book.

I mistook Varys for Cersei, however, back to the original point I am tring to ask. with the show's giveaway, it sems Sansa is destined for death and possible Nissa Nissa. If not that atleast, an execution as Lady was.

I mistook Varys for Cersei, however, back to the original point I am tring to ask. with the show's giveaway, it sems Sansa is destined for death and possible Nissa Nissa. If not that atleast, an execution as Lady was.

What giveaway? I don't think Nissa Nissa has even been mentioned in the show. There is nothing to your theory but wishful thinking.

I must admit I find the thought that because a few myths are mentioned they are going to happen again exactly as they did before. Why? That would be a bore in my view. Plus, the myth of Nissa Nissa has various interpretations. Some think that Nissa Nissa died giving birth. That wouldn't describe Lady's demise.

Jon doesn't work the forge so how could he be AA if he can't even make a sword? Maybe Jon is just a LC of the NW who will do his own heroics and not be a carbon copy of some dreary mythos. Sansa too, perhaps she'll have her own journey that will be unique to Westeros. Besides, not everything is 'foreshadowing' some future event.

Death is her character's destiny. It has to be.

Why? I mean "she has to die"? Really? As I said, if Sansa was meant to die, she would be dead all along. I am sorry but this entire idea is flawed on so many levels.

Why? I mean "she has to die"? Really? As I said, if Sansa was meant to die, she would be dead all along. I am sorry but this entire idea is flawed on so many levels.

If Sansa had died, who would give us insight on Littlefinger and the Vale?

No, Sansa may die, but so far, she still has a purpose.

Archived